SecondSlip

Will Amit Shah become the next Prime Minister of India after Narendra Modi retires?

Do Modi eats Pan Parag, Manik Chand, Vimal Shimala or something similar. Because look like Shah eats too. So he will automatically go ahead of Yogi in queue. Jokes aside. I think Shah and Modi will be elected again till they reach retirement age

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Yogi should never ever be even in contention for PM.

Why you think so? Yogi is young honest able and have ensured BJP wins LS despite SP/BSP coming together. Watch next UP Vidhansabha elections. He will wipeout complete opposition.

I can assure u that he has changed /changing UP. Sooner or later, He will be choosen. He won’t mind if he isn’t. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This is where the late Parrikar's absence will be felt :((, he would have made a great PM. 

True but Shah is a decent option .

Off course itll be tough to replace PM Modi but I think we will see another term from him 

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This is where the late Parrikar's absence will be felt :((, he would have made a great PM. 

7 minutes ago, adi B said:

True but Shah is a decent option .

Off course itll be tough to replace PM Modi but I think we will see another term from him 

India needs strong leadership for at least few decades. Parrikar was decent but for reforms and replacement of archaic laws you need strong leadership. Parrikar is more in mode of Vajpayee.

18 minutes ago, gattaca said:

India needs strong leadership for at least few decades. Parrikar was decent but for reforms and replacement of archaic laws you need strong leadership. Parrikar is more in mode of Vajpayee.

Parrikar saved the Tejas project, he had iron will. He would have been the perfect combo of Modi and Vajpayee I guess, plus very intelligent.  

@WC2011INDIA troll voting is nonsense unless you have a point to make. Long back and even now people , who have no touch to reality claim Modi is butcher. And then they find excuses why despite so and so of their superior intellect and logic, people are fooled to vote him.

Yogi will comeback with sweeping majority. Whether you like it or not.

Edited by mishra

What about Gadkari guys? He does have immense RSS backing and a solid administrator (Road Transport, Highways is the jewel of Modi's ministry). Would people be ok with Gujjus holding PM post for so many consecutive terms? Yogi is too inexperienced and better served as UP CM for at least a couple of more terms (UP CM post is too damn important because the state is the gateway to New Delhi), he will be in the next generation of hopefuls along with Fadnavis, Irani, Piyush Goyal etc...agewise even Shah is in that bracket but he has progressed very rapidly. After Modi contenders will be Gadkari, Rajnath, Shah, SS Chouhan, RS Prasad, Javadekar, Harshvardhan....last 3 can be ruled out for all practical purposes. I hope Sonowal and Sarma rise up the ranks quickly or some Bengali star, also for South (esp Karnataka) BJP leaders (Ananth Kumar :(() to deliver....would be a pity if all candidates are only from North, Centre and West.

Anyway this guy should become BJP National President for a long time, I won't count him out of PM race one day, 4 years younger than Shah and a real Chanakya.

Image result for Himanta Biswa Sarma

Edited by Gollum

What does Modi see in Nirmala Sitharaman? Granted she might be a loyal party worker, honest, hard working, committed etc but does she deserve such huge posts with so little experience? She was an excellent spokesperson, maybe they should have eased her into the ministry rather than these instant promotions. I am sure Modi/Shah are not idiots, they would have their own calculations (Southie, female?) but atm apart from Karnataka I don't see the party making inroads anywhere else in South India. At least Jaishankar has solid credentials from IFS days. Wanted Swamy in some ministry, guy knows how to get the job done.....why not him as law minster? 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

parrikar wasn't that charismatic. outside of Goa, his way of speaking wouldn't attract masses. 

shah is more loved by the people. if he can find solution for naxalism, he will definitely be PM in 2024.

7 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

parrikar wasn't that charismatic. outside of Goa, his way of speaking wouldn't attract masses. 

shah is more loved by the people. if he can find solution for naxalism, he will definitely be PM in 2024.

What about Gadkari? Maybe make Rajnath the next Venkaiah...that leaves SS Chouhan. 

Btw I don't think Shah is loved that much, he ain't no Modi for sure. 

Edited by Gollum

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What about Gadkari? Maybe make Rajnath the next Venkaiah...that leaves SS Chouhan. 

Btw I don't think Shah is loved that much, he ain't no Modi for sure. 

his term as HM will seal his fate. you will see the most productive Home Minister of India in the next 5 years because he wants to be PM after Modi badly. 

Gadkari again is in the Parrikar mould. very effective at his job but he is a RSS pick. he has no base of his own. 

Edited by FischerTal

Shah wouldn't be an ideal choice for the post of PM, generally speaking. Despite his iron will, he is someone known to do things his way- doesn't matter the means to an end is right or wrong. Also his popularity is confined to selective states and personality being a bit intimidating. 

Though I must admit, since the beginning of recently conducted Parliament session, he attended every debate and was pretty vocal and clear with questions raised by opposition. 

Cherry on the top, his response to Akhilesh was gold:phehe:

Edited by Bhaiyya

Home Ministry rank is to groom Amit Bhai for PM position. He is an amazing orator too. Grass roots person and architect of many a BJP election successes.

If BJP wins 2024, Modi may voluntarily make way for Amit Shah as PM. If not in 2024, definitely in 2029. Amit Shah is much younger to Modi, so makes sense as well.

9 hours ago, mishra said:

Why you think so? Yogi is young honest able and have ensured BJP wins LS despite SP/BSP coming together. Watch next UP Vidhansabha elections. He will wipeout complete opposition.

I can assure u that he has changed /changing UP. Sooner or later, He will be choosen. He won’t mind if he isn’t. 

Because Yogi is a Hindu fundamentalist 100%. Not a man for international image of India or one any minority- sikhs and Jains included- would feel safe under. Electing Yogi is like electing Farroukhan or Desmond tutu to PM office. Not smart

There may be some bold choices discussed here. But if modi doesn’t fix economy, it will be end of road for most of the people mentioned here.

Nationalistic causes are great for short term and I do believe some of the toughest choice being made with this government.

However, if we continue the downward spiral on the growth and employment front our people may give the opposition a chance ( yeah I know Gandhi may not be popular now, but 5 years is a long time and we go in cycles). 

What does Modi see in Nirmala Sitharaman? Granted she might be a loyal party worker, honest, hard working, committed etc but does she deserve such huge posts with so little experience? She was an excellent spokesperson, maybe they should have eased her into the ministry rather than these instant promotions. I am sure Modi/Shah are not idiots, they would have their own calculations (Southie, female?) but atm apart from Karnataka I don't see the party making inroads anywhere else in South India. At least Jaishankar has solid credentials from IFS days. Wanted Swamy in some ministry, guy knows how to get the job done.....why not him as law minster? 
I won't be surprised if BJP comes to power in Telangana in the near future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nikred said:

I won't be surprised if BJP comes to power in Telangana in the near future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

It will probably come in your dreams!!!!!!!!

Winning few MP seats does not mean they will win enough assembly seats to get power. 
The major impediment is the lack of understanding of Hindi language in South India and lack of strong local leadership and I don't think those are easy to build in Telangana or AP or Tamil Nadu or Kerala.

The reason why they could encroach in to Karnataka is probably due to strong presence of organizations such as RSS, Bajrang Dal etc. from a long time there. Also, may be North Karnataka is influenced by Maharashtrian culture and Hindi is more understandable there. 

Edited by sarcastic

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because Yogi is a Hindu fundamentalist 100%. Not a man for international image of India or one any minority- sikhs and Jains included- would feel safe under. Electing Yogi is like electing Farroukhan or Desmond tutu to PM office. Not smart

If Indians would have listened to librands then Modi too should have been in prison. Now he is arguably best PM India had :finger:

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

Winning few MP seats does not mean they will win enough assembly seats to get power. 
The major impediment is the lack of understanding of Hindi language in South India and lack of strong local leadership and I don't think those are easy to build in Telangana or AP or Tamil Nadu or Kerala.

The reason why they could encroach in to Karnataka is probably due to strong presence of organizations such as RSS, Bajrang Dal etc. from a long time there. Also, may be North Karnataka is influenced by Maharashtrian culture and Hindi is more understandable there. 

RSS has good presence in Andhra and Telangana. Have you heard of Ram Madhav ?

Edited by gattaca

10 minutes ago, mishra said:

If Indians would have listened to librands then Modi too should have been in prison. Now he is arguably best PM India had :finger:

Huge difference between an allegedly greasy politician with blood on his hands vs a dyed in red religious fundamentalists preacher frothing at his mouth.he is a million times bigger liability. 

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

Gotta spread Hindi more to the south. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Huge difference between an allegedly greasy politician with blood on his hands vs a dyed in red religious fundamentalists preacher frothing at his mouth.he is a million times bigger liability. 

Modi came to Centre on back of development in Gujrat. Yogi will come if he comes in centre on basis of development only.

Librands opposed Modi and will oppose Yogi on basis of colour of their cloths. 

@Gollum Yogi is younger. Modi Shah Gadkari will probably all retire at same time. There has been definitely “sushashan” and development under Yogi in UP. If Modi is PM today, Yogis work in UP can’t be ignored as no one thought BJP will win SP/BSP onslaught. And its a herculean achievement. He can do development, He can do politics. But as i said, it doesn’t matters to him. He was giving interviews on why BJP won in UP and was picked from their as UP CM. His family members came to know while working in village fields or Roadside shops. His track record speaks volumes why he may become PM

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Modi came to Centre on back of development in Gujrat. Yogi will come if he comes in centre on basis of development only.

Librands opposed Modi and will oppose Yogi on basis of colour of their cloths. 

@Gollum Yogi is younger. Modi Shah Gadkari will probably all retire at same time. There has been definitely “sushashan” and development under Yogi in UP. If Modi is PM today, Yogis work in UP can’t be ignored as no one thought BJP will win SP/BSP onslaught. And its a herculean achievement. He can do development, He can do politics. But as i said, it doesn’t matters to him. He was giving interviews on why BJP won in UP and was picked from their as UP CM. His family members came to know while working in village fields or Roadside shops. His track record speaks volumes why he may become PM

Except one SHOULD oppose a dyed in red religious preacher as a leader. Duh. He is the Hindu equivalent of a padre or a mullah. Why would we want to permanently tar Indian PMO with a religious fanatic ??

if this guy was a padre or mullah, you’d be suspicious too regardless of how good his resume looked or how muc death Bhakti he had.

Shah won’t go at same time as Modi, he is a lot younger. Adityanath will be the lost generation. By the time Shah is done, Adityanath will be too old and be in a Advani kind of ‘ too old’ and new power crop will take over. It’s called lost generation in politics, happens all the time. 

Edited by Muloghonto

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Except one SHOULD oppose a dyed in red religious preacher as a leader. Duh. He is the Hindu equivalent of a padre or a mullah. Why would we want to permanently tar Indian PMO with a religious fanatic ??

if this guy was a padre or mullah, you’d be suspicious too regardless of how good his resume looked or how muc death Bhakti he had.

I think your point about his cloths is valid. But ask a UPite. He will say work done in UP in past 3 years under Yogi is more than what Sp bsp or Congress would have done in 20-30 years. On top, people say he is so honest that allthough he can’t directly oppose corrupts in his party, he simply puts/appoints a honest person whi checks the corruption.

So, I or Most people will give a damn about what his is personal preference about clothing.

14 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think your point about his cloths is valid. But ask a UPite. He will say work done in UP in past 3 years under Yogi is more than what Sp bsp or Congress would have done in 20-30 years. On top, people say he is so honest that allthough he can’t directly oppose corrupts in his party, he simply puts/appoints a honest person whi checks the corruption.

So, I or Most people will give a damn about what his is personal preference about clothing.

Again, no sane person will vote for a religious preacher to head a democracy in this modern world. If Yogi was father Yogi, would you vote for him amidst continuous invocation of Jesus ?? A religious priest is offensive as a political leader.

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, no sane person will vote for a religious preacher to head a democracy in this modern world. If Yogi was father Yogi, would you vote for him amidst continuous invocation of Jesus ?? A religious priest is offensive as a political leader.

Standard libtard selling  “anti Hindu” and anti development argument in package written “Secularism”. UP is already sold to Yogi. People of rest of India will be forced visit UP when Ram Mandir is done, will appreciate Yogis “in your face “ development work. 

No one cares about what colour ”langot”  he is wearing. Wait and watch 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yup, Yogi can and should never represent India on the international stage, are we Iran or what? He is best left to handle the badlands, of UP, we need a tough SOB there and at least on the law&order front he seems to be doing well, and certainly better than SP/BSP candidates. I would prefer he never become a PM contender, Gadkari, Shah, maybe even Chouhan will represent India better globally.  

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Standard libtard selling  “anti Hindu” and anti development argument in package written “Secularism”. UP is already sold to Yogi. People of rest of India will be forced visit UP when Ram Mandir is done, will appreciate Yogis “in your face “ development work. 

There is nothing standard about pointing out that nobody outside of hardcore religious fattus trust a religious preacher. Forced to visit ?? Yogi won’t get past his padre of Hinduism tag outside of UP and BJP will cut his Wong’s long before he dooms them in national elections. Development is an entire bjp thing, so nice try packaging it as some sort of brainchild of that religious fundamentalist.

wait and watch, not even bjp will be dumb enough to field him in the nationals. Yogi is a crude tool for a crude job, he won’t last more than 1 more cycle in UP itself.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yup, Yogi can and should never represent India on the international stage, are we Iran or what? He is best left to handle the badlands, of UP, we need a tough SOB there and at least on the law&order front he seems to be doing well, and certainly better than SP/BSP candidates. I would prefer he never become a PM contender, Gadkari, Shah, maybe even Chouhan will represent India better globally.  

This is where ground reality differs. He is daylight ahead of every UP CM we have seen so far. People of UP will not like him to leave the state. Its fact. This is exactly going down the line of Modi. People of Gujrat didnt wanted to leave him but accepted him as PM for greater good.

Among Gujrati Hindu population overseas, Yogi is already way ahead of rest of BJPites.

You will laugh but a group of temple in UK organises Yogi Cup Cricket tournament :aha:

As i said, whole view about Yogi will change as soon as they make a Holy trip to Ram Mandir. Those who have been to UP will understand what a sea change Yogi has brought.

Edited by mishra

19 minutes ago, mishra said:

It is about what role which politician can play best. Yogi's role should be confined to UP which we all agree is the most important state politically speaking. When it comes to PM post many things have to be factored in. Who do you think will be better placed to handle a high level meet with POTUS/Xi/Putin....Gadkari or Yogi? Who will represent India better in UN/G20/BRICS kind of forums? Who can represent India's case better before global tech CEOs and potential FDI investors, a mutt head or someone with some experience in dealing with finance/commerce matters, WTO, WB, ADB, investor summits etc? Who represents an average Indian better? Even Pakistan hasn't gone to the extent of having a mullah PM, neither many of the Islamic nations.

Likewise not many can do the role what Yogi is doing in UP, not even the other BJP bigwigs. So I suggest Yogi stay put in UP and try to take it out of the dumps and undo BSP/SP damage. If he does well, good...if he fails he isn't irreplaceable for BJP. 

Edited by Gollum

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

There is nothing standard about pointing out that nobody outside of hardcore religious fattus trust a religious preacher. Forced to visit ?? Yogi won’t get past his padre of Hinduism tag outside of UP and BJP will cut his Wong’s long before he dooms them in national elections. Development is an entire bjp thing, so nice try packaging it as some sort of brainchild of that religious fundamentalist.

wait and watch, not even bjp will be dumb enough to field him in the nationals. Yogi is a crude tool for a crude job, he won’t last more than 1 more cycle in UP itself.

:finger: Yogi is maths graduate and has won LS MP 4 times before becoming UP CM. He has questioned, Advised, participated 10 times more debates/bills in LS  then Pappu. There is a video somewhere. That was before he became CM.

And tel tell sign of RSS candidature for PM. He is bacheolar too.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

It is about what role which politician can play best. Yogi's role should be confined to UP which we all agree is the most important state politically speaking. When it comes to PM post many things have to be factored in. Who do you think will be better placed to handle a high level meet with POTUS/Xi/Putin....Gadkari or Yogi? Who will represent India better in UN/G20/BRICS kind of forums? Who can represent India's case better before global tech CEOs and potential FDI investors, a mutt head or someone with some experience in dealing with finance/commerce matters, WTO, WB, ADB, investor summits etc? Who represents an average Indian better? Even Pakistan hasn't gone to the extent of having a mullah PM, neither many of the Islamic nations.

Likewise not many can do the role what Yogi is doing in UP, not even the other BJP bigwigs. So I suggest Yogi stay put in UP and try to take it out of the dumps and undo BSP/SP damage. If he does well, good...if he fails he isn't irreplaceable for BJP. 

UP itself wont leave Yogi else we will feel that BJP has back stabbed us. We need Yogi in UP as long as we can i.e Modi is in centre. If Modi is not there, then only UPites may accept BJPs moove of Yogi in centre for greater good.

@mishra you from UP right? Is Yogi better placed than SP/BSP/Congress combine? In GE only SP/BSP came together, if all 3 form the thugbandhan will they win. We saw in Bihar state elections when JDU, RJD, Cong joined hands BJP got smashed. 

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

UP itself wont leave Yogi else we will feel that BJP has back stabbed us. We need Yogi in UP as long as we can i.e Modi is in centre. If Modi is not there, then only UPites may accept BJPs moove of Yogi in centre for greater good.

Sounds good. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

@mishra you from UP right? Is Yogi better placed than SP/BSP/Congress combine? In GE only SP/BSP came together, if all 3 form the thugbandhan will they win. We saw in Bihar state elections when JDU, RJD, Cong joined hands BJP got smashed. 

Yes mate. people do not get how difficult it was in UP for BJP in this LS elections. They need to check the scorecard of prior elections. Their was nearly 30+-% votebank to Maya, 30+-% votebank to SP and 35+-% votebank to BJP and rest to Congress and others. SP BSP came together on basis of that simple Calculation. Congress is insignificant hence they only supported Congress on 2 seats by not Putting the candidate. When SP BSP came together, you could have understood how core BJP voters would have thought. We expected a blood bath i.e Modi wont come back. Max BJP will win is about 6-10 seats. My frnds told me, dont loose hope. Things are changing on ground.

But when I returned to UP before the LS elections I was surprised to see the sea change Yogi has brought in UP in terms of Governance and development. Thats where I thought, heck No. BJP has a chance. So now, even if everyone comes together, In UP elections, Yogi has taken decisive lead. He simply broke the Caste and religion politics of UP. I wont say he has finished it, but he has broken it.

48 minutes ago, mishra said:

:finger: Yogi is maths graduate and has won LS MP 4 times before becoming UP CM. He has questioned, Advised, participated 10 times more debates/bills in LS  then Pappu. There is a video somewhere. That was before he became CM.

And tel tell sign of RSS candidature for PM. He is bacheolar too.

There are plenty of Padres and mullahs who are science or doctor or engineering grads. Doesn’t change the fact that they are religious fundamentalists and not fit to lead a nation, just badlands remedial guys at best like yogi is for UP.

The day bjp nominates him is the day bjp loses all votes but the radicals. Rest of India is not UP battleground.

43 minutes ago, mishra said:

Good. Keep him for as long as you like. As I said, he is okay for a polarized state like UP. not good elsewhere. One look at Yogi and all the hard won gains in Bengal or Karnataka will evaporate. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Good. Keep him for as long as you like. As I said, he is okay for a polarized state like UP. not good elsewhere. One look at Yogi and all the hard won gains in Bengal or Karnataka will evaporate. 

Either accept him as PM or we will put Pappu on PMship. This is our Kashmir mooment. UP is keeping India Hostage

10 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

There are plenty of Padres and mullahs who are science or doctor or engineering grads. Doesn’t change the fact that they are religious fundamentalists and not fit to lead a nation, just badlands remedial guys at best like yogi is for UP.

The day bjp nominates him is the day bjp loses all votes but the radicals. Rest of India is not UP battleground.

BJP is radicalising whole India :aha: Once Project is complete, Modi will retire :hatsoff:

Edited by mishra

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Either accept him as PM or we will put Pappu on PMship. This is our Kashmir mooment. UP is keeping India Hostage

Hahahahahahahaha. As I said, he will be the lost generation in national politics. Modi will have another 5-10 years. Amit shah will then get a 10-15 year run. 20-25 years later Yogi will be close to 70 and the new blood will take over. He is gonna get Advani-ed by the age group.