Will Amit Shah become the next Prime Minister of India after Narendra Modi retires?

SecondSlip

Do Modi eats Pan Parag, Manik Chand, Vimal Shimala or something similar. Because look like Shah eats too. So he will automatically go ahead of Yogi in queue. Jokes aside. I think Shah and Modi will be elected again till they reach retirement age

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Yogi should never ever be even in contention for PM.

Why you think so? Yogi is young honest able and have ensured BJP wins LS despite SP/BSP coming together. Watch next UP Vidhansabha elections. He will wipeout complete opposition.

I can assure u that he has changed /changing UP. Sooner or later, He will be choosen. He won’t mind if he isn’t. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This is where the late Parrikar's absence will be felt :((, he would have made a great PM. 

True but Shah is a decent option .

Off course itll be tough to replace PM Modi but I think we will see another term from him 

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This is where the late Parrikar's absence will be felt :((, he would have made a great PM. 

7 minutes ago, adi B said:

True but Shah is a decent option .

Off course itll be tough to replace PM Modi but I think we will see another term from him 

India needs strong leadership for at least few decades. Parrikar was decent but for reforms and replacement of archaic laws you need strong leadership. Parrikar is more in mode of Vajpayee.

18 minutes ago, gattaca said:

India needs strong leadership for at least few decades. Parrikar was decent but for reforms and replacement of archaic laws you need strong leadership. Parrikar is more in mode of Vajpayee.

Parrikar saved the Tejas project, he had iron will. He would have been the perfect combo of Modi and Vajpayee I guess, plus very intelligent.  

@WC2011INDIA troll voting is nonsense unless you have a point to make. Long back and even now people , who have no touch to reality claim Modi is butcher. And then they find excuses why despite so and so of their superior intellect and logic, people are fooled to vote him.

Yogi will comeback with sweeping majority. Whether you like it or not.

Edited by mishra

What about Gadkari guys? He does have immense RSS backing and a solid administrator (Road Transport, Highways is the jewel of Modi's ministry). Would people be ok with Gujjus holding PM post for so many consecutive terms? Yogi is too inexperienced and better served as UP CM for at least a couple of more terms (UP CM post is too damn important because the state is the gateway to New Delhi), he will be in the next generation of hopefuls along with Fadnavis, Irani, Piyush Goyal etc...agewise even Shah is in that bracket but he has progressed very rapidly. After Modi contenders will be Gadkari, Rajnath, Shah, SS Chouhan, RS Prasad, Javadekar, Harshvardhan....last 3 can be ruled out for all practical purposes. I hope Sonowal and Sarma rise up the ranks quickly or some Bengali star, also for South (esp Karnataka) BJP leaders (Ananth Kumar :(() to deliver....would be a pity if all candidates are only from North, Centre and West.

Anyway this guy should become BJP National President for a long time, I won't count him out of PM race one day, 4 years younger than Shah and a real Chanakya.

Image result for Himanta Biswa Sarma

Edited by Gollum

What does Modi see in Nirmala Sitharaman? Granted she might be a loyal party worker, honest, hard working, committed etc but does she deserve such huge posts with so little experience? She was an excellent spokesperson, maybe they should have eased her into the ministry rather than these instant promotions. I am sure Modi/Shah are not idiots, they would have their own calculations (Southie, female?) but atm apart from Karnataka I don't see the party making inroads anywhere else in South India. At least Jaishankar has solid credentials from IFS days. Wanted Swamy in some ministry, guy knows how to get the job done.....why not him as law minster? 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

parrikar wasn't that charismatic. outside of Goa, his way of speaking wouldn't attract masses. 

shah is more loved by the people. if he can find solution for naxalism, he will definitely be PM in 2024.

7 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

parrikar wasn't that charismatic. outside of Goa, his way of speaking wouldn't attract masses. 

shah is more loved by the people. if he can find solution for naxalism, he will definitely be PM in 2024.

What about Gadkari? Maybe make Rajnath the next Venkaiah...that leaves SS Chouhan. 

Btw I don't think Shah is loved that much, he ain't no Modi for sure. 

Edited by Gollum

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What about Gadkari? Maybe make Rajnath the next Venkaiah...that leaves SS Chouhan. 

Btw I don't think Shah is loved that much, he ain't no Modi for sure. 

his term as HM will seal his fate. you will see the most productive Home Minister of India in the next 5 years because he wants to be PM after Modi badly. 

Gadkari again is in the Parrikar mould. very effective at his job but he is a RSS pick. he has no base of his own. 

Edited by FischerTal

Shah wouldn't be an ideal choice for the post of PM, generally speaking. Despite his iron will, he is someone known to do things his way- doesn't matter the means to an end is right or wrong. Also his popularity is confined to selective states and personality being a bit intimidating. 

Though I must admit, since the beginning of recently conducted Parliament session, he attended every debate and was pretty vocal and clear with questions raised by opposition. 

Cherry on the top, his response to Akhilesh was gold:phehe:

Edited by Bhaiyya