Will Amit Shah become the next Prime Minister of India after Narendra Modi retires?

SecondSlip

Home Ministry rank is to groom Amit Bhai for PM position. He is an amazing orator too. Grass roots person and architect of many a BJP election successes.

If BJP wins 2024, Modi may voluntarily make way for Amit Shah as PM. If not in 2024, definitely in 2029. Amit Shah is much younger to Modi, so makes sense as well.

9 hours ago, mishra said:

Why you think so? Yogi is young honest able and have ensured BJP wins LS despite SP/BSP coming together. Watch next UP Vidhansabha elections. He will wipeout complete opposition.

I can assure u that he has changed /changing UP. Sooner or later, He will be choosen. He won’t mind if he isn’t. 

Because Yogi is a Hindu fundamentalist 100%. Not a man for international image of India or one any minority- sikhs and Jains included- would feel safe under. Electing Yogi is like electing Farroukhan or Desmond tutu to PM office. Not smart

There may be some bold choices discussed here. But if modi doesn’t fix economy, it will be end of road for most of the people mentioned here.

Nationalistic causes are great for short term and I do believe some of the toughest choice being made with this government.

However, if we continue the downward spiral on the growth and employment front our people may give the opposition a chance ( yeah I know Gandhi may not be popular now, but 5 years is a long time and we go in cycles). 

What does Modi see in Nirmala Sitharaman? Granted she might be a loyal party worker, honest, hard working, committed etc but does she deserve such huge posts with so little experience? She was an excellent spokesperson, maybe they should have eased her into the ministry rather than these instant promotions. I am sure Modi/Shah are not idiots, they would have their own calculations (Southie, female?) but atm apart from Karnataka I don't see the party making inroads anywhere else in South India. At least Jaishankar has solid credentials from IFS days. Wanted Swamy in some ministry, guy knows how to get the job done.....why not him as law minster? 
I won't be surprised if BJP comes to power in Telangana in the near future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nikred said:

I won't be surprised if BJP comes to power in Telangana in the near future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

It will probably come in your dreams!!!!!!!!

Winning few MP seats does not mean they will win enough assembly seats to get power. 
The major impediment is the lack of understanding of Hindi language in South India and lack of strong local leadership and I don't think those are easy to build in Telangana or AP or Tamil Nadu or Kerala.

The reason why they could encroach in to Karnataka is probably due to strong presence of organizations such as RSS, Bajrang Dal etc. from a long time there. Also, may be North Karnataka is influenced by Maharashtrian culture and Hindi is more understandable there. 

Edited by sarcastic

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because Yogi is a Hindu fundamentalist 100%. Not a man for international image of India or one any minority- sikhs and Jains included- would feel safe under. Electing Yogi is like electing Farroukhan or Desmond tutu to PM office. Not smart

If Indians would have listened to librands then Modi too should have been in prison. Now he is arguably best PM India had :finger:

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

Winning few MP seats does not mean they will win enough assembly seats to get power. 
The major impediment is the lack of understanding of Hindi language in South India and lack of strong local leadership and I don't think those are easy to build in Telangana or AP or Tamil Nadu or Kerala.

The reason why they could encroach in to Karnataka is probably due to strong presence of organizations such as RSS, Bajrang Dal etc. from a long time there. Also, may be North Karnataka is influenced by Maharashtrian culture and Hindi is more understandable there. 

RSS has good presence in Andhra and Telangana. Have you heard of Ram Madhav ?

Edited by gattaca

10 minutes ago, mishra said:

If Indians would have listened to librands then Modi too should have been in prison. Now he is arguably best PM India had :finger:

Huge difference between an allegedly greasy politician with blood on his hands vs a dyed in red religious fundamentalists preacher frothing at his mouth.he is a million times bigger liability. 

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

Gotta spread Hindi more to the south. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Huge difference between an allegedly greasy politician with blood on his hands vs a dyed in red religious fundamentalists preacher frothing at his mouth.he is a million times bigger liability. 

Modi came to Centre on back of development in Gujrat. Yogi will come if he comes in centre on basis of development only.

Librands opposed Modi and will oppose Yogi on basis of colour of their cloths. 

@Gollum Yogi is younger. Modi Shah Gadkari will probably all retire at same time. There has been definitely “sushashan” and development under Yogi in UP. If Modi is PM today, Yogis work in UP can’t be ignored as no one thought BJP will win SP/BSP onslaught. And its a herculean achievement. He can do development, He can do politics. But as i said, it doesn’t matters to him. He was giving interviews on why BJP won in UP and was picked from their as UP CM. His family members came to know while working in village fields or Roadside shops. His track record speaks volumes why he may become PM

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Modi came to Centre on back of development in Gujrat. Yogi will come if he comes in centre on basis of development only.

Librands opposed Modi and will oppose Yogi on basis of colour of their cloths. 

@Gollum Yogi is younger. Modi Shah Gadkari will probably all retire at same time. There has been definitely “sushashan” and development under Yogi in UP. If Modi is PM today, Yogis work in UP can’t be ignored as no one thought BJP will win SP/BSP onslaught. And its a herculean achievement. He can do development, He can do politics. But as i said, it doesn’t matters to him. He was giving interviews on why BJP won in UP and was picked from their as UP CM. His family members came to know while working in village fields or Roadside shops. His track record speaks volumes why he may become PM

Except one SHOULD oppose a dyed in red religious preacher as a leader. Duh. He is the Hindu equivalent of a padre or a mullah. Why would we want to permanently tar Indian PMO with a religious fanatic ??

if this guy was a padre or mullah, you’d be suspicious too regardless of how good his resume looked or how muc death Bhakti he had.

Shah won’t go at same time as Modi, he is a lot younger. Adityanath will be the lost generation. By the time Shah is done, Adityanath will be too old and be in a Advani kind of ‘ too old’ and new power crop will take over. It’s called lost generation in politics, happens all the time. 

Edited by Muloghonto

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Except one SHOULD oppose a dyed in red religious preacher as a leader. Duh. He is the Hindu equivalent of a padre or a mullah. Why would we want to permanently tar Indian PMO with a religious fanatic ??

if this guy was a padre or mullah, you’d be suspicious too regardless of how good his resume looked or how muc death Bhakti he had.

I think your point about his cloths is valid. But ask a UPite. He will say work done in UP in past 3 years under Yogi is more than what Sp bsp or Congress would have done in 20-30 years. On top, people say he is so honest that allthough he can’t directly oppose corrupts in his party, he simply puts/appoints a honest person whi checks the corruption.

So, I or Most people will give a damn about what his is personal preference about clothing.

14 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think your point about his cloths is valid. But ask a UPite. He will say work done in UP in past 3 years under Yogi is more than what Sp bsp or Congress would have done in 20-30 years. On top, people say he is so honest that allthough he can’t directly oppose corrupts in his party, he simply puts/appoints a honest person whi checks the corruption.

So, I or Most people will give a damn about what his is personal preference about clothing.

Again, no sane person will vote for a religious preacher to head a democracy in this modern world. If Yogi was father Yogi, would you vote for him amidst continuous invocation of Jesus ?? A religious priest is offensive as a political leader.

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, no sane person will vote for a religious preacher to head a democracy in this modern world. If Yogi was father Yogi, would you vote for him amidst continuous invocation of Jesus ?? A religious priest is offensive as a political leader.

Standard libtard selling  “anti Hindu” and anti development argument in package written “Secularism”. UP is already sold to Yogi. People of rest of India will be forced visit UP when Ram Mandir is done, will appreciate Yogis “in your face “ development work. 

No one cares about what colour ”langot”  he is wearing. Wait and watch 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yup, Yogi can and should never represent India on the international stage, are we Iran or what? He is best left to handle the badlands, of UP, we need a tough SOB there and at least on the law&order front he seems to be doing well, and certainly better than SP/BSP candidates. I would prefer he never become a PM contender, Gadkari, Shah, maybe even Chouhan will represent India better globally.  

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Standard libtard selling  “anti Hindu” and anti development argument in package written “Secularism”. UP is already sold to Yogi. People of rest of India will be forced visit UP when Ram Mandir is done, will appreciate Yogis “in your face “ development work. 

There is nothing standard about pointing out that nobody outside of hardcore religious fattus trust a religious preacher. Forced to visit ?? Yogi won’t get past his padre of Hinduism tag outside of UP and BJP will cut his Wong’s long before he dooms them in national elections. Development is an entire bjp thing, so nice try packaging it as some sort of brainchild of that religious fundamentalist.

wait and watch, not even bjp will be dumb enough to field him in the nationals. Yogi is a crude tool for a crude job, he won’t last more than 1 more cycle in UP itself.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yup, Yogi can and should never represent India on the international stage, are we Iran or what? He is best left to handle the badlands, of UP, we need a tough SOB there and at least on the law&order front he seems to be doing well, and certainly better than SP/BSP candidates. I would prefer he never become a PM contender, Gadkari, Shah, maybe even Chouhan will represent India better globally.  

This is where ground reality differs. He is daylight ahead of every UP CM we have seen so far. People of UP will not like him to leave the state. Its fact. This is exactly going down the line of Modi. People of Gujrat didnt wanted to leave him but accepted him as PM for greater good.

Among Gujrati Hindu population overseas, Yogi is already way ahead of rest of BJPites.

You will laugh but a group of temple in UK organises Yogi Cup Cricket tournament :aha:

As i said, whole view about Yogi will change as soon as they make a Holy trip to Ram Mandir. Those who have been to UP will understand what a sea change Yogi has brought.

Edited by mishra

19 minutes ago, mishra said:

It is about what role which politician can play best. Yogi's role should be confined to UP which we all agree is the most important state politically speaking. When it comes to PM post many things have to be factored in. Who do you think will be better placed to handle a high level meet with POTUS/Xi/Putin....Gadkari or Yogi? Who will represent India better in UN/G20/BRICS kind of forums? Who can represent India's case better before global tech CEOs and potential FDI investors, a mutt head or someone with some experience in dealing with finance/commerce matters, WTO, WB, ADB, investor summits etc? Who represents an average Indian better? Even Pakistan hasn't gone to the extent of having a mullah PM, neither many of the Islamic nations.

Likewise not many can do the role what Yogi is doing in UP, not even the other BJP bigwigs. So I suggest Yogi stay put in UP and try to take it out of the dumps and undo BSP/SP damage. If he does well, good...if he fails he isn't irreplaceable for BJP. 

Edited by Gollum

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

There is nothing standard about pointing out that nobody outside of hardcore religious fattus trust a religious preacher. Forced to visit ?? Yogi won’t get past his padre of Hinduism tag outside of UP and BJP will cut his Wong’s long before he dooms them in national elections. Development is an entire bjp thing, so nice try packaging it as some sort of brainchild of that religious fundamentalist.

wait and watch, not even bjp will be dumb enough to field him in the nationals. Yogi is a crude tool for a crude job, he won’t last more than 1 more cycle in UP itself.

:finger: Yogi is maths graduate and has won LS MP 4 times before becoming UP CM. He has questioned, Advised, participated 10 times more debates/bills in LS  then Pappu. There is a video somewhere. That was before he became CM.

And tel tell sign of RSS candidature for PM. He is bacheolar too.