Shahid Afridi: My Muslim friends from Indian cricket team have told me privately about discrimination against Muslims in selection

rangeelaraja

Guys.. did you see this statement of Afridi on the interview with Yahya Hussaini in Geo where he is asked about Mickey Arthur telling PCB to sack Sarfaraz as captain. It is despicable how this brainless guy keeps bringing in religion and India unprovoked. 

Hope BCCI or someone like Zaheer khan or Kaif hammer this guy for his non-sense interference and propaganda 

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

5 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

Lol. None are his frnd 

I really don't understand Pakistani logic.

Just look at the pathetically low number of non muslims in Pakistan and in the cricket team itself. Their most famous non muslim player even converted to islam due to the influence\pressure from his colleagues.

The muslims got Pakistan and Bangladesh, they cannot have India as well.

56 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I really don't understand Pakistani logic.

Just look at the pathetically low number of non muslims in Pakistan and in the cricket team itself. Their most famous non muslim player even converted to islam due to the influence\pressure from his colleagues.

The muslims got Pakistan and Bangladesh, they cannot have India as well.

No need to go to non-muslims. Condition of muslims in Pakistan is worse than condition of muslims in India.

20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

How so?

Compare different parameters.

Just for the starters. 

Literacy rate of Pakistan -54% (2011 survey) 

Literacy rate of Indian Muslims - 58% (2011). 

Difference would be higher in 2019

Poverty Level Pakistan (2010) - 37%

Poverty level Indian muslims (2010) - 31%

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

How so?

My paternal agriculture land which we own in our village was donated to our great Great granfather by some Muslim Zamindar and land was further donated by us to create a whole village. This donation was done way way before Mahatma Gandhi came in picture.

I was surprised to meet a Muslim Man in Britain who was speaking a language with accent so close to mine that I asked him , where is he from. He gave the name of my hometown district and then said they migrated to Pakistan at the time of partition. I didnt dig any deeper in conversation but for a moment I thought, could this man be descendent of same family which donated the land to us.

Shaz, I think you need to be clear on one thing. When India got partitioned, Rich ruling class/business class/educated class Muslims were the ones who could afford to migrate to Pakistan.

Very few would have been who didnt listen to the call of Jinnah over the call of Nehuru. For example Sheikh Abdullah.

So it was bound to happen that there was no wealth parity between India and Pakistan and there was a superiority complex among Pakistanis till 1990. Even economy of both nations and development rate of Pakistan was beating us.

It was under Narsimha Rao, India changed the course and it started to reap the benefits of democratic institutions and educated middle class.

When Modi walked in, One of the biggest policy decisions he took was removal of extreme poverty. We are certain that the day, its done, Every Indian will have economically a better life then a lot of Pakistanis irrespectie of their religion. New policy, which IK Khan or Pakistan dont talk about is upliftment/empowerment of next generation Women specially Muslim women. That will make us at par with West. May be not econimcally but freedom and education wise

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

16 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

Zaheer, Yusuf, Irfan, Shami, Kaif. 

Ask your friend which deserving Muslim player was not selected. For every 1 he/she names, we can name 10 deserving non-Muslims who were not selected. 

Not saying there isn't discrimination against Muslims in India. There is, and there is all sorts of discrimination in India based not just on religion, but on many other ridiculous factors. But in the national cricket team there really has not been that much religious based discrimination. 

10 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Zaheer, Yusuf, Irfan, Shami, Kaif. 

Ask your friend which deserving Muslim player was not selected. For every 1 he/she names, we can name 10 deserving non-Muslims who were not selected. 

Not saying there isn't discrimination against Muslims in India. There is, and there is all sorts of discrimination in India based not just on religion, but on many other ridiculous factors. But in the national cricket team there really has not been that much religious based discrimination. 

Munaf Patel along with Zak formed the Indian bowling attack that won the 2011 WC.  

Cricket is so competitive that people will find any thing to feel they were discriminated due to caste,state,zone,ethnicity, heck some might feel that  some captain didn't like my biryani so got dropped,etc

If you pile on the runs, or wickets, then it becomes difficult to ignore.  Even Kashmir has some budding youngsters coming up the ranks like Qamran Iqbal.  

Edited by Epic

15 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Guys.. did you see this statement of Afridi on the interview with Yahya Hussaini in Geo where he is asked about Mickey Arthur telling PCB to sack Sarfaraz as captain. It is despicable how this brainless guy keeps bringing in religion and India unprovoked. 

Hope BCCI or someone like Zaheer khan or Kaif hammer this guy for his non-sense interference and propaganda 

Who the f cares ? No one would have noticed even.

Munaf Patel along with Zak formed the Indian bowling attack that won the 2011 WC.  

Cricket is so competitive that people will find any thing to feel they were discriminated due to caste,state,zone,ethnicity, heck some might feel that  some captain didn't like my biryani so got dropped,etc

If you pile on the runs, or wickets, then it becomes difficult to ignore.  Even Kashmir has some budding youngsters coming up the ranks like Qamran Iqbal.  
Honestly it's the Muslim players fault if they let Rayudu, a hindu, be a go to guy for supply of home made biryani.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk