Jump to content
rangeelaraja

Shahid Afridi: My Muslim friends from Indian cricket team have told me privately about discrimination against Muslims in selection

Recommended Posts

Guys.. did you see this statement of Afridi on the interview with Yahya Hussaini in Geo where he is asked about Mickey Arthur telling PCB to sack Sarfaraz as captain. It is despicable how this brainless guy keeps bringing in religion and India unprovoked. 

 

Hope BCCI or someone like Zaheer khan or Kaif hammer this guy for his non-sense interference and propaganda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

 

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

 

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

Lol. None are his frnd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't understand Pakistani logic.

 

Just look at the pathetically low number of non muslims in Pakistan and in the cricket team itself. Their most famous non muslim player even converted to islam due to the influence\pressure from his colleagues.

 

The muslims got Pakistan and Bangladesh, they cannot have India as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I really don't understand Pakistani logic.

 

Just look at the pathetically low number of non muslims in Pakistan and in the cricket team itself. Their most famous non muslim player even converted to islam due to the influence\pressure from his colleagues.

  

The muslims got Pakistan and Bangladesh, they cannot have India as well.

No need to go to non-muslims. Condition of muslims in Pakistan is worse than condition of muslims in India.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

How so?

Compare different parameters.

 

Just for the starters. 

Literacy rate of Pakistan -54% (2011 survey) 

 

Literacy rate of Indian Muslims - 58% (2011). 

Difference would be higher in 2019

 

Poverty Level Pakistan (2010) - 37%

Poverty level Indian muslims (2010) - 31%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

How so?

My paternal agriculture land which we own in our village was donated to our great Great granfather by some Muslim Zamindar and land was further donated by us to create a whole village. This donation was done way way before Mahatma Gandhi came in picture.

 

 I was surprised to meet a Muslim Man in Britain who was speaking a language with accent so close to mine that I asked him , where is he from. He gave the name of my hometown district and then said they migrated to Pakistan at the time of partition. I didnt dig any deeper in conversation but for a moment I thought, could this man be descendent of same family which donated the land to us.

 

Shaz, I think you need to be clear on one thing. When India got partitioned, Rich ruling class/business class/educated class Muslims were the ones who could afford to migrate to Pakistan.

Very few would have been who didnt listen to the call of Jinnah over the call of Nehuru. For example Sheikh Abdullah.

 

So it was bound to happen that there was no wealth parity between India and Pakistan and there was a superiority complex among Pakistanis till 1990. Even economy of both nations and development rate of Pakistan was beating us.

 

It was under Narsimha Rao, India changed the course and it started to reap the benefits of democratic institutions and educated middle class.

 

When Modi walked in, One of the biggest policy decisions he took was removal of extreme poverty. We are certain that the day, its done, Every Indian will have economically a better life then a lot of Pakistanis irrespectie of their religion. New policy, which IK Khan or Pakistan dont talk about is upliftment/empowerment of next generation Women specially Muslim women. That will make us at par with West. May be not econimcally but freedom and education wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

Zaheer, Yusuf, Irfan, Shami, Kaif. 

 

Ask your friend which deserving Muslim player was not selected. For every 1 he/she names, we can name 10 deserving non-Muslims who were not selected. 

 

Not saying there isn't discrimination against Muslims in India. There is, and there is all sorts of discrimination in India based not just on religion, but on many other ridiculous factors. But in the national cricket team there really has not been that much religious based discrimination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Zaheer, Yusuf, Irfan, Shami, Kaif. 

 

Ask your friend which deserving Muslim player was not selected. For every 1 he/she names, we can name 10 deserving non-Muslims who were not selected. 

 

Not saying there isn't discrimination against Muslims in India. There is, and there is all sorts of discrimination in India based not just on religion, but on many other ridiculous factors. But in the national cricket team there really has not been that much religious based discrimination. 

Munaf Patel along with Zak formed the Indian bowling attack that won the 2011 WC.  

 

Cricket is so competitive that people will find any thing to feel they were discriminated due to caste,state,zone,ethnicity, heck some might feel that  some captain didn't like my biryani so got dropped,etc

 

If you pile on the runs, or wickets, then it becomes difficult to ignore.  Even Kashmir has some budding youngsters coming up the ranks like Qamran Iqbal.  

Edited by Epic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Guys.. did you see this statement of Afridi on the interview with Yahya Hussaini in Geo where he is asked about Mickey Arthur telling PCB to sack Sarfaraz as captain. It is despicable how this brainless guy keeps bringing in religion and India unprovoked. 

 

Hope BCCI or someone like Zaheer khan or Kaif hammer this guy for his non-sense interference and propaganda 

Who the f cares ? No one would have noticed even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Munaf Patel along with Zak formed the Indian bowling attack that won the 2011 WC.  
 
Cricket is so competitive that people will find any thing to feel they were discriminated due to caste,state,zone,ethnicity, heck some might feel that  some captain didn't like my biryani so got dropped,etc
 
If you pile on the runs, or wickets, then it becomes difficult to ignore.  Even Kashmir has some budding youngsters coming up the ranks like Qamran Iqbal.  
Honestly it's the Muslim players fault if they let Rayudu, a hindu, be a go to guy for supply of home made biryani.


Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

 

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

 M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

Have to include Syed Mushtaq Ali, the original trailblazer of Indian cricket. 

Arshad Ayub was rank mediocre.

But yeah we have had some pretty good Muslim cricketers, can't forget guys like Abid Ali and Abbas Ali Baig either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

India always has 1 or sometimes 2 muslim players in the team. Given that they are around 14% of the population that is par for the course.

During Pataudi's captaincy often we had 3-4 (maybe 5 sometimes?) Muslims in the starting XI. During Dada's tenure we had Zak, Pathan, Kaif, Jaffer, Munaf playing together a few times IIRC, or at least 3 of them regularly in the XI. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Shame on those who told him this. Afridi is not able to keep secrets.

Where is the evidence without eveidence can you talk any trash .....

 

In India no one talks trash if they talk they will be dealt with 

 

No wonder this guy thought the cricket ball was an apple 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sukhoi said:

Where is the evidence without eveidence can you talk any trash .....

 

In India no one talks trash if they talk they will be dealt with 

 

No wonder this guy thought the cricket ball was an apple 

Well none of the muslim Indians rejected this yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Well none of the muslim Indians rejected this yet. 

Maybe because he has no friend in India.

He should worry about the minorities in Pakistan.....if there are any left.

Attention *****!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beetle said:

Maybe because he has no friend in India.

He should worry about the minorities in Pakistan.....if there are any left.

Attention *****!

Afridi is usually speaking as a politician. To him what matters is his brand. Since he is a national hero he will say things we want to hear. The Op quoted this from a Pakistani channel. On those a lot of times cricketers say stuff for publicity. Its not an issue of Pakistan alone though. I see some of this stuff said on Indian shows as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Afridi is usually speaking as a politician. To him what matters is his brand. Since he is a national hero he will say things we want to hear. The Op quoted this from a Pakistani channel. On those a lot of times cricketers say stuff for publicity. Its not an issue of Pakistan alone though. I see some of this stuff said on Indian shows as well.

And this, in my opinion, is the tragedy. That the Pakistanis want to hear tales of Indian Muslims being downtrodden/marginalized/discriminate against etc to get some kind of validation on the decision their grandfathers made during the partition. The constant need for schadenfreude, but no real debate on what needs to be done to better your own lot, is saddening.

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

And this, in my opinion, is the tragedy. That the Pakistanis want to hear tales of Indian Muslims being downtrodden/marginalized/discriminate against etc to get some kind of validation on the decision their grandfathers made during the partition. The constant need for schadenfreude, but no real debate on what needs to be done to better your own lot, is saddening.

Pakistan is not even a proper muslim country to expect that from people. Muslims themselves need to figure out is the title of a muslim enough to assume that person is a great person? Cause the beauty of the States is that I get to see people of all kinds of beliefs and color. In the mosque I go to we got Indian muslims and Pakistani muslims in one. Don’t see the separation there. Don’t see the point of taking enjoyment off of muslims who are being treated badly. This is why I hate nationalism at times. We only care about labels and not the people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I see some of this stuff said on Indian shows as well.

About discrimination in cricket ?

Where?

 

If it is about general stuff ,then everyone feels so ....specially if left out or not doing as well.

 

People from poor states complain they are marginalized....people from well off states complain. People from lower caste , upper caste,hindus ,minorities,border states,women,men ....everyone feels they are not dealt a fair hand . 

 

Complaining is therapeutic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beetle said:

About discrimination in cricket ?

Where?

 

If it is about general stuff ,then everyone feels so ....specially if left out or not doing as well.

 

People from poor states complain they are marginalized....people from well off states complain. People from lower caste , upper caste,hindus ,minorities,border states,women,men ....everyone feels they are not dealt a fair hand . 

 

Complaining is therapeutic.

 

Like this for example: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beetle said:

If you have seen this....at what time on the vedio?

Can't go through such scream matches.

I am just showing an instance of how media from both sides can’t stop caring for the other side. Like how Pakistan got dragged in when they could have easily talked about the Zimbabwe situation without it.

 

6 hours ago, straight_drive said:

Well none of the arab nations and muslim countries the ummah has accepted his quote yet

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
 

They don’t have to cause he was strictly talking about muslim Indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, Singh bling said:

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

what kind of nonsense is this. Zaheer khan was CORE part of the WC winning team of 2011. and he played a massive part in that campaign. munaf patel was also played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mariyam said:

And this, in my opinion, is the tragedy. That the Pakistanis want to hear tales of Indian Muslims being downtrodden/marginalized/discriminate against etc to get some kind of validation on the decision their grandfathers made during the partition. The constant need for schadenfreude, but no real debate on what needs to be done to better your own lot, is saddening.

That is so true. Nohing gives Pakistanis more pleasure than hearing stories of discrimination against Muslims in India. They really love it when any stupid leader in India speaks against Muslims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...