This song deserves a separate thread

Stradlater

Since last year, there's now T-Series Haryanvi.  The potential was untapped with  Haryana having population of population of 25+ million and you can probably add more considering the ease at which you can understand it in neighboring states as well.

T series Punjabi has around 20 million subscribers.

59 minutes ago, Epic said:

You always wondered why there was no Haryanvi  music scene when the Punjabis next door had been going at it for eternity. The last year or so Haryanvi songs have started to become popular.  

The patiala ensemble (from 3:00 onwards ) with the loose folded cuffs and the matching paranda is really nice. 

Not a big fan of this genre of music but rural Haryana/Punjab looks really nice. The song also has the customary dance on a tractor sequence as is the norm for such videos:giggle:

38 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The patiala ensemble (from 3:00 onwards ) with the loose folded cuffs and the matching paranda is really nice. 

Not a big fan of this genre of music but rural Haryana/Punjab looks really nice. The song also has the customary dance on a tractor sequence as is the norm for such videos:giggle:

Not sure if we are looking at the same timing but at 3:00, I think those are 'earrings' or atleast something hanging from the ears.  Paranda is braided with the hair no?  I guess Patiala suit is a classic but off late there's a trend of a hybrid/blend of  'plazos' and shararas. Not sure you if you've seen that

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Rajasthani Music industry is growing as well 

@velu @Gollum @Epic @coffee_rules @Mariyam 

Although it's my bias speaking but for me Rajasthani music>>Haryanvi/Punjabi.

One thing I really appreciate about our music is the grace. Minimum vulgarity. 

Bhaai did you listen haryanvi old ragni?

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

@velu @Gollum @Epic @coffee_rules @Mariyam 

drums are not used much  :drum:

4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

To be fair, haven't listened to much Haryanvi or Rajasthani music. Rajasthani music exposure due to bollywood, some musical shows, Pak Coke Studio,etc but I do like the voice texture in folk music.  As far as vulgarity goes not sure if you mean in the lyrics or the videos, but wait until 20 year olds start flooding the industry as it becomes more mainstream and popular lol.  More power to regional language music. There is a saying that Indian music is incomplete without Rajasthani music.. I think I heard it in Coke Studio as many of the rajasthani folks made the trip across the border.  I think Reshma was one of them but mostly sung in Punjabi though.

Edited by Epic

On 8/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, coffee_rules said:

Why do all songs sung with auto-tuners? It would have been nicer to hear their real voices instead of sounding on  a 2g mobile phone with poor network coverage.

Desi Paindus are in absolute love with auto-tune - its not surprising, probably makes them feel that their sound is "modern" and "cool" - its just like Bappi Lahri and his ilk were obsessed with "disco" 4-5 years after it went out of style in the west.