After 50 Years, UN Security Council to have meeting over Kashmir issue on Friday

Deucalion

The United Nations Security Council will meet over India's move in Kashmir this Friday. 

Pakistan on Tuesday had called on the United Nations Security Council to convene an urgent meeting on India’s decision to revoke autonomy for the disputed Muslim-majority state of Kashmir, a move it says could spark a new conflict between the two South Asian nuclear powers.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kashmir-returning-to-unsc-raises-several-legal-questions/article29100088.ece?homepage=true

https://nation.com.pk/15-Aug-2019/un-security-council-to-discuss-kashmir-issue-on-friday

Edited by Deucalion

24 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I look forward to following statement " we hope Indian works on maintaining peace in the region. we won't interfere in internal matter and urge india pak to have a dialog for a long term solution." which translates to dear Pakistani for the last time please F . O. and don't waste our time. 

Most likely outcome.

This is just China flexing its diplomatic muscle enough to show its vassal that it tried to help them.   

In the worst case scenario, you can expect to see some critical language on the blanket restrictions on communication etc, which would be fair.  I'm not sure if restrictions to this extent are necessary or justifiable anyway. I guess the Ind govt was focused on ensuring that the message is unambiguously communicated to internal and external resistance of the a370 change - that the govt means business, and this is not just 'same old song and dance of a govt change, public protests, stone throwing etc" anymore.  

28 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I look forward to following statement " we hope Indian works on maintaining peace in the region. we won't interfere in internal matter and urge india pak to have a dialog for a long term solution." which translates to dear Pakistani for the last time please F . O. and don't waste our time. 

:cantstop:

basically say as per Shimla agreement.

So many fault lines in its own country

Sindhi vs non-Sindhi in Sindh

Pathan vs Punjabi

Muhajir vs non

Sunni vs Shia

Gilgit Baltistan

Balochistan

And works to destabilize India...

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Most likely outcome.

This is just China flexing its diplomatic muscle enough to show its vassal that it tried to help them.   

In the worst case scenario, you can expect to see some critical language on the blanket restrictions on communication etc, which would be fair.  I'm not sure if restrictions to this extent are necessary or justifiable anyway. I guess the Ind govt was focused on ensuring that the message is unambiguously communicated to internal and external resistance of the a370 change - that the govt means business, and this is not just 'same old song and dance of a govt change, public protests, stone throwing etc" anymore.  

I doubt it. Apparently entire Pakistan opposition is either in jail. 

Even guys like Shekhar Gupta the usual anti bjp, tore into Imran. Watch his cut the clutter on Imran youtube. 

9 hours ago, randomGuy said:

:cantstop:

basically say as per Shimla agreement.

So many fault lines in its own country

Sindhi vs non-Sindhi in Sindh

Pathan vs Punjabi

Muhajir vs non

Sunni vs Shia

Gilgit Baltistan

Balochistan

And works to destabilize India...

Did you read Grant flowers interview ? 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27393248/will-miss-friendly-people-not-backstabbing-ex-players-grant-flower