Huge protest in London on Independence day for Article 370 - My story

Austin 3:!6

I went to the Indian embassy in Aldwich for customary flag hoisting and function like I do every year. But the situation turned ugly this time and I have never experienced anything like it anywhere. Central London looked like a war zone and police needed to use tear gas/firing in the air to disperse the mobs.

The Indians who gathered there would not be more than 50 people (at max) and mostly consists of women, children and old retired uncles. Kids were all dressed up to perform patrotic dance after the flag hoisting ceremony. All in all a very harmless, family oriented...kids centric programme.

Atleast 20000 protestors pounced on them protesting about Kashmir, Khalistan etc. Apart from chanting all offensive slogans about India, Modi etc....they have surrounded that small Indian contingent and started throwing eggs, water bottles, coke bottles, rotten apples etc. One elderly uncle (surely in his 70s) got hurt very bad when a water bottle filled with water hit his eyes.

The situation got so violent that entire central London (especially city of London area) needs to be shut down, police had to fire in the air, tear gas were shot. Harmless kids and women who came for a family event had to run for cover.

Later I found out that Mayor of London Sadiq Khan had agreed and organized this protest. It was such a shameful thing to witness.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

London is not a Pakistani stronghold. These people were bused in from Birmingham , Manchester and Bradford.  Most of the Khalistani sikh protesters were from Wolverhampton.

Forget about Sadiq Khan he is small fry. The police are under the control of Home secretary Priti Patel. She is new in the role and just settling in. Give her time and this will have a solution on its own.

But Bhaiwood loves Sadiq Khan, even Tendu and Ambani who are celebs of that city...all of them threw a party for their dear brother. Do they do that for other mayors? 

1575520-sadiq_cover-1512379159.jpg

SadiqKhanKatrina.jpg?itok=wQ5veavh

Image result for sadiq khan bollywood

Image result for sadiq khan bollywoodImage result for sadiq khan juhi chawlaImage result for sadiq khan ambaniImage result for sadiq khan bollywood

Some points to consider:

1. Unless we stand for ourselves, no use. We could have maintained diplomatic protocol and kept his visit at an official level. Why the need to throw a celeb studded party for a mayor? Do NYC/Tokyo/Paris mayors get same treatment? Bhaiwood did its usual stuff only because he was Pakistani origin, doubt they would have bothered if the mayor was Indian Sikh/Hindu origin.

2. Israel barred 2 US (Islamist) lawmakers from entering their country recently, because of their anti-Israel comments/stance. If we wanna emulate Israel, bad attempt here.

3. Israel PM visited India just before that, a section of Bollywood did throw a party for him but some suspects missing. You know who I am talking about. Israel is a strong ally and also a top destination for our movie shoots but it appears certain stars didn't want to get into the bad books of a certain demography. Or who knows maybe they find Pakistanis tolerant and India's allies intolerant.

4. Why was Kohli not present there? PR exercise made in heaven. Ans: the Lanka home series. Probably it upset him so much that he decided to jeopardize our SA tour warmups....his wedding was just an excuse :p:

Edited by Gollum

49 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Sadiq khan is a career politician. He has visited temples and gurudwaras as he knows those kashmiris will not get him elected.

People forget that the deputy mayor of London is Rakesh Agarwal who emigrated from India in 2001 to the UK.

What can be done about this? Surely if this is brushed under the carpet, it will encourage 20000 more inbreds to come and throw eggs at helpless kids and women.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Forget about Sadiq Khan he is small fry. The police are under the control of Home secretary Priti Patel. She is new in the role and just settling in. Give her time and this will have a solution on its own.

simpler solution for uk is to abandon london and build a new capital  ? :hmmmm:

15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

What can be done about this? Surely if this is brushed under the carpet, it will encourage 20000 more inbreds to come and throw eggs at helpless kids and women.

As i said, Priti Patel is the home minister who is ultimately in charge of the police. She is a pukka Modi loyalist.

The UK will have a general election coming soon in the next 3-4 months. Clearly back Boris Johnson for PM is what the Indian community can do rather than Corbyn who is pro Pakistani.