Vihari can survive in intl cricket?? Your thoughts?

gakgupta

Thankfully we got to see him a little bit this match.

Quite honestly, it was a difficult pitch with good bowling...

He stuck it out there and got some runs ...in both the inninngs...

But, can he perform well in SENA countries? Your thoughts pls?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

He is good player of spin,but highly vulnerable to edges against moving ball.Currently against WI-A,he was thrice caught by keeper/slip corridor.He completed century after being dropped in first slip.Even in first test match he was caught by keeper in both innings.He is also weak against pace and bounce.He like Karun Nair is player of slow low bounce wickets.

Edited by vaul

During most of his innings I've seen, he has looked composed at the crease in terms of technique and temperament barring a few times where he had struggled against the short ball but every batsman has his short comings and he seems to have worked on it. Despite some good starts, he had failed to kick on and make a big score but finally, he has managed to get a good knock the other day. Now he needs to get more consistent in scoring. Needs to be given lot more games to establish himself.

Vihari will do just fine. Even in times when he looks over matched, he won’t throw it away. When he opened against Australia, he was clearly overmatched. In that first inning he scored just 8 runs, was beaten a few times, took some blows.. but he hung around. He was there for about an hour and a half, faced 65 odd balls and by the time he got out- Pujara was all set to come out and grind that Australian attack. When he played his usual middle order role, he was much more comfortable. But for me, he earned himself a few matches after he showed the determination he had to fight it out as a make shift opener. I am glad that Virat did not get tempted to select Rohit instead. A few years ago, he would have dumped Vihari and brought Rohit in. Now, the captain is wiser.