Home conditions will be the final frontier for Bumrah

maniac

Traditionally Indian fast bowlers do better in Subcontinent conditions than overseas. Right from the days of  Kapil Dev to Srinath to Zak to Ishant,Umesh and Shami.

Bumrah has a 5fr in SA,Eng,Aus and now Wi in his first tour itself.

I have no doubt Bumrah will do well in India as well.

Guys like Ishant,Umesh and Shami tend to very well in India . In fact they bowl more lethal spells consistently in India than overseas.

Bumrah has conquered all conditions so far, so will be interesting to see how he does at home in India on dry conditions .that favor spin.

I think that is going to be his final frontier in his journey to becoming  India’s greatest fast bowler ever.

Edited by maniac
13 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Final fronteir would be staying fit and repeating the good performances he's had so far and his bowling intensity for years to come.

He's the leader of the pack now. So a lot would be expected of him each time. How he handles that is also crucial. But hes smart and so i dont think this would be a problem for him.

It will also depend a lot on Kohli and the future captain after Kohli. If Bumrah isn’t well managed in the future , things can fall apart very quickly for him

7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

It will also depend a lot on Kohli and the future captain after Kohli. If Bumrah isn’t well managed in the future , things can fall apart very quickly for him

He is being adequately rested and not being picked for low profile series. 

Did not play LOIs against WI on this tour,  was rested for the sole test vs Afghanistan,  was rested for the T20I Nidhahas Trophy, was not picked for the 2 test vs WI at home ... so on and so forth.

Moreover,  the concept of workload management and monitoring the total balls bowled by pacers, is now an established concept in Team India.

Gives me hope for these reasons.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

He is being adequately rested and not being picked for low profile series. 

Did not play LOIs against WI on this tour,  was rested for the sole test vs Afghanistan,  was rested for the T20I Nidhahas Trophy, was not picked for the 2 test vs WI at home ... so on and so forth.

Moreover,  the concept of workload management and monitoring the total balls bowled by pacers, is now an established concept in Team India.

Gives me hope for these reasons.

TBH, this resting whole series is BS and is a flawed concept. Too much or too long rest doesn't work. Bumrah should have played both ODIs and T20, not all but just one each to stay in bowling form. A bowler has more has more chances of injury when he suddenly bowls long overs after a long break.  

There's no final frontier. He will easily break all the records held by any Indian bowler. His average, strike rate in today's tailor made batting conditions is stuff of legends. Only thing is he needs to remain fit because he plays all 3 formats and now he is also spear head of our bowling attack, so needs to carry that responsibility. But he is an intelligent guy, so he will learn how to handle it quickly.

4 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

There's no final frontier. He will easily break all the records held by any Indian bowler. His average, strike rate in today's tailor made batting conditions is stuff of legends. Only thing is he needs to remain fit because he plays all 3 formats and now he is also spear head of our bowling attack, so needs to carry that responsibility. But he is an intelligent guy, so he will learn how to handle it quickly.

Test cricket is having most helpful conditions for bowlers these days and bumrah has played all matches in helpful conditions as well so idk why you say tailor made batting conditions. Bumrah will do well in all conditions though.

Edited by Nikola
26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

TBH, this resting whole series is BS and is a flawed concept. Too much or too long rest doesn't work. Bumrah should have played both ODIs and T20, not all but just one each to stay in bowling form. A bowler has more has more chances of injury when he suddenly bowls long overs after a long break.  

Agree to an extent.

But I prefer a couple of T20s during the " resting period ".  Or playing a few low intensity club games.

Problem is ... Kohli always ends up choosing his go to players if in the squad.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Agree to an extent.

But I prefer a couple of T20s during the " resting period ".  Or playing a few low intensity club games.

Problem is ... Kohli always ends up choosing his go to players if in the squad.

Actual problem seems to be that we still follow the old method of captain making the decisions while it's better to take the constant opinion of biomechanic experts like the Aussies do. Aussies infact totally rely on them. 

6 hours ago, Nikola said:

Test cricket is having most helpful conditions for bowlers these days and bumrah has played all matches in helpful conditions as well so idk why you say tailor made batting conditions. Bumrah will do well in all conditions though.

In Australia, conditions were good for batting as they always are. Even in England, generally conditions are good for  batting unless there is swing. So I wouldnt necessarily say conditions nowadays are most helpful for bowlers. In SA, seamers tend to get more help but its par for the course there.

However, his strike rate, economy and average is incredible in ODIs and T20s as well.

with spinners   wreaking havoc on Indian pitches in general, it won't be a  problem at all for Bumrah. Infact his final frontier is  to keep himself injury free and fit for very important matches. He should only  play very important and toughest series .Home series, low profile series, T20S etc etc do not require

Bumrah.   

He will be fine at home.  He has a great Ranji record, showing his ability in our conditions,  and he has the pace for reverse swing. The good thing is our bowling attack is significantly better at home, even the pace bowling, that our success here won't be on him only. We could even rest him for matches, not that I am in favor of it.