The Great Andy Roberts on Jaspreet Bumrah

sandeep

"Look at everything else he does, he's classical. He moves two balls into the batsmen, and the other one goes away. Then two away from him, and then one into him. This is how we did, this is how fast bowlers have operated over the years. But the best one knows how, where and when to bowl. And Bumrah seems to have this awareness, which usually takes a lot of time to develop, a lot of experience. But how old is he? How many Tests has he played? He's a quick learner, isn't he?

"To me, it has been the most striking feature of him. Some call it maturity. I call it game sense. There seems to be clarity in his thinking, and that automatically shows in his bowling. Some bowlers, very skillful ones, don't develop it even 10 years after they had played the game. That's the biggest thing for a fast bowler, to learn how to use your head."

I have been saying it ever since Bumrah became an India player - this guy is an old soul of a bowler, instinctively knows when to bowl what.  AND has the skillset to execute it.  We have had skillful bowlers in the past, but never a young guy with the nous so early in his career. Zaheer developed it, but by that time, he was well past his prime and didn't have the pace to be lead dog.

@express bowling

I just hope Bumrah can have 5 good injury free years.  Even 4 more from here.  It will be amazing to watch.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27473884/jasprit-bumrah-game-sense-most-striking-feature-andy-roberts

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I have been saying it ever since Bumrah became an India player - this guy is an old soul of a bowler, instinctively knows when to bowl what.  AND has the skillset to execute it.  We have had skillful bowlers in the past, but never a young guy with the nous so early in his career. Zaheer developed it, but by that time, he was well past his prime and didn't have the pace to be lead dog.

@express bowling

I just hope Bumrah can have 5 good injury free years.  Even 4 more from here.  It will be amazing to watch.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27473884/jasprit-bumrah-game-sense-most-striking-feature-andy-roberts

His bowling against a rampaging stokes and Buttler on a super flat track in the world cup match, when shami was getting smashed at other end, was a treat to watch.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

And with this comment you have certified yourself as a greenbro arsehole.

With this comment you have shown your blue bloodcells. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

And this guy thinks he is an american born desi :lol: while he acts like he is fresh off the boat padosi

Lol Hilarious why would a Pakistani need to think he is born American?

52 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you gave yourself to that pakistani strain of thought tthere.

Oh sorry I should have not shown my green carpet.

25 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

That was a poor comment to make @Shaz1! You really think he cares for ipl? You know his age? With that logic, no player ever should say anything about indian players. Ask Wasim Akram not to make comments on indian players. Seems they want ipl contracts badly! 

You used a poor example of Wasim Akram. He has a track record for saying stuff to get a opportunity else where. So him saying it to get a IPL contract is not beyond him. 

Secondly I never said no player should ever say anything good about Indian cricketers. That is your own judgement not mine. My logic does not dictate it since I only talked about one cricketer not your whole team. 

If you truly believe this guy is too old and not deserving of a IPL contract just because of his age than that is your opinion. If I was him I saw a money opportunity like the IPL contract gives, I too would say some buttery things to get that opportunity. There is nothing wrong with going for extra cash.

Edited by Shaz1
9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude you said you were born and raised in america. Dont back track now since you are caught red handed. everyone here knows you are a fob :lol:

Yeah and I never denied I was born there. How is that backtracking? Your the one typing as though I was trying to hide something. Lol Funny guy.

11 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

You used a poor example of Wasim Akram. He has a track record for saying stuff to get a opportunity else where. So him saying it to get a IPL contract is not beyond him. 

Secondly I never said no player should ever say anything good about Indian cricketers. That is your own judgement not mine. My logic does not dictate it since I only talked about one cricketer not your whole team. 

If you truly believe this guy is too old and not deserving of a IPL contract just because of his age than that is your opinion. If I was him I saw a money opportunity like the IPL contract gives, I too would say some buttery things to get that opportunity. There is nothing wrong with going for extra cash.

Andy Roberts is almost 70 years old and completely retired.  He has zero interest in getting any coaching or commentary gigs.  To claim that his compliments for Bumrah were motivated by money, is not only inaccurate, its foolish.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Andy Roberts is almost 70 years old and completely retired.  He has zero interest in getting any coaching or commentary gigs.  To claim that his compliments for Bumrah were motivated by money, is not only inaccurate, its foolish.

Thats fine you can think its foolish. 

Andy Roberts and Michael Holding are few folks who are very difficult to please. 

"But if he were born here back in our days, we would have had him. A freak was the only element missing in our bowling line-up. In fact, Bumrah is the only variety of bowler we had never produced"

This will take time to sink in, wow! 

Edited by MechEng