Chat joint for retired people

Straight Drive

Thought it was about time that retired people also needed a separate thread on this wonderful forum.

1. Discuss about how to apply senior citizens card.Trust me it saves lot of money.

2. Discuss and share about various facilities provided by government in public transport so that we can take benefit of these provisions.

3. Share information on medical privileges for the aged and provide very valuable information which may be of immense help to each other.

4. The basic things to have and prepare for 70's if you are in 60's already.

5. Lifestyle changes required.

6. How things have changed than what they were about 60 years back. This would be worth a good discussion .

7. Music, Movies, newly found hobbies at this age as well as other form of entertainment.

Let's have a talk about anything and everything which matters at this age where you have more experience, intelligence and loads of time for yourself than any other time of your life. Let's cherish and enjoy the retired life and discuss, chaps.

Edited by Straight Drive

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Long way away from retirement but time is flying so that day is going to come soon.  

Would be nice to live in a gated community preferable in HP/UK with basics like  club, courts and pool.

Good point that. Club membership is surely one of the better way to be involved and reap good benefits. A club which would have games like carrom, chess, swimming pool, some basic excesses at club gym and a  walking path inside club premises. Maybe if there is a bowling machine at sports and recreation club, pay and face for the throwdown by the machine. That would be awesome.

14 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Good point that. Club membership is surely one of the better way to be involved and reap good benefits. A club which would have games like carrom, chess, swimming pool, some basic excesses at club gym and a  walking path inside club premises. Maybe if there is a bowling machine at sports and recreation club, pay and face for the throwdown by the machine. That would be awesome.

Cities all of these are today available even in budget places but i wonder if we have communities like these in say close to Shimla or Nainital 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Cities all of these are today available even in budget places but i wonder if we have communities like these in say close to Shimla or Nainital 

Probably if you are a decade away from being a senior citizen , I guess that's enough time for these things to develop in more places.

18 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Probably if you are a decade away from being a senior citizen , I guess that's enough time for these things to develop in more places.

You probably are right. still have couple of decades to go so hopefully things will be in place by then. 

47 minutes ago, velu said:

I noticed many retired people esp government employees will do intraday in equity to pass time and make handsome money as well

Usually many uncles go together to brokers directly and place orders manually over voice commands :lol:

Things are changing in these regards now. People are now getting comfortable with the trading websites. Although I agree not many retired people as of now are well versed with computers , especially those who worked in government services or did jobs which did not require computers.