Has Ganguly lost it?

Wants Rohit Sharma to open in tests. Rohit can't play swing bowling to save his life, failed at no 5 and 6 and Ganguly wants him to be our opener. 

Ganguly was a delight to listen to when he started doing commentary. But he has regressed over the years. This year in world cup, I just put the TV on mute whenever he or any Indian commentator came. 

Makes me wonder whether the cricketing acumen of our so ex players is so low or they have some hidden agenda in supporting these players.

While speaking to India Today, Ganguly said, “History of Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan in overseas conditions are not very good. You look at their records, it’s like chalk and cheese when they go away and when they are in India.”

Link - https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/english/cricket+trolls-epaper-crictrol/sourav+ganguly+slams+rohit+sharma+and+shikhar+dhawan+for+their+poor+show-newsid-79640703

koi dada ko pucho what had rohit done in between to earn his support 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

He has always been like this. Most of us didn't realize this because he seems to be balanced to the casual observer. He makes observations that even a casual observer can make. These days he comes across as boring and repetitive and right now insane. I knew we are gonna lose the SF for sure because he started praising every batsmen over the top. It almost felt like he was jinxing them. He was present when Indian wickets were falling. Black tongue :eviltongue:

8 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Wants Rohit Sharma to open in tests. Rohit can't play swing bowling to save his life, failed at no 5 and 6 and Ganguly wants him to be our opener. 

Ganguly was a delight to listen to when he started doing commentary. But he has regressed over the years. This year in world cup, I just put the TV on mute whenever he or any Indian commentator came. 

Makes me wonder whether the cricketing acumen of our so ex players is so low or they have some hidden agenda in supporting these players.

He also backed yuvraj Singh as a test player, and we all know how it backfired. The fact is Ganguly always had soft corner for charismatic batsman/ batsman with larger than life image. He backed sehwag and yuvraj, when he was captain and is doing the same for Rohit Sharma.

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

He also backed yuvraj Singh as a test player, and we all know how it backfired. The fact is Ganguly always had soft corner for charismatic batsman/ batsman with larger than life image. He backed sehwag and yuvraj, when he was captain and is doing the same for Rohit Sharma.

backed yuvi was ok....what was worse he wanted to make him an opener thankfully mcgrath n warne didnt let that plan succeed 

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

He backed Yuvraj to be an opener for his own selfish reason , Yuvraj could come into the team only at his expense if he was to play in middle order.

To be fair on Yuvraj he never got consistent run in tests till Ganguly retired by then lot of self doubts creeped up in him.Not that he would have become great test player but he sure would done lot better than he did  in his career.Yuvi was always fighting to for place against VVS and Ganguly.Guy like Rahul gets so many tests in a row.It all depends on luck too.