Walking in Melbourne, Yarra River

OzGirl

19 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

True that. I can attest to that. I see people around me act patriotic but its all lip service. If you try to keep your environment clean here, you will have a tough time dealing with others' behavior and feel like the odd one out. I have lived in the US for a decade. Once I returned, I can't adjust to living here because of this. I have tried to tell others about people's hypocritical behavior and it had the opposite effect on them. Their egos got hurt and they would not listen no matter how nicely I put my words across. I have stopped telling people and only hang out with like minded friends. I sometimes feel like the man described in Plato's cave

I tell you those people living in Australia who say their country is great are the least likely to return back:phehe: I have told many Indians in America this and they reluctantly agree. I have told Americans the ground reality and I returned. Funny how things work out. You must ask these people who think their countries are heaven on earth when they are planning to return back. They will say this amount of years and you must ask them this again after said years :laugh: Challenge their belief systems. At least you are still in majority unlike me who cannot make my point across. You ought to do it to save your country and not turning into garbage filled dumps that our cities have turned into. They will either return back or most likely adapt to Aussie conditions and stop their hypocrisy.

PS - I have to mention that India has a rich ancient past despite my diatribe. I'm hopeful that it will return back and save our legacy. But I'm pessimistic about our chances

Yes, India does have a great history, but that's about it. My Italian friends just went to India 2 months ago, they just returned and they told me some of the stories.

They have two daughters who are 12 and 16 and they told me about all these men surrounding them and taking photos of them, men staring at them etc. They said the pollution in India is terrible, people just throwing litter in the streets with no care, slums, poverty etc, they said some of the places looked modern but that was only 10 -15% . They went to Mumbai, Goa and another place, but they did not enjoy themselves, they said most of the people they met were trying to scam them, kept harassing them etc. 

I have wanted to go to India, its on my bucket list, but a few people told me as a solo woman in India it is very dangerous, so I think I will cross off India after what my friends told me and the things I have seen on YouTube, I just don't want to take the risk.

I'm not saying all Indians are like that, but don't want to go to a country were there is no respect for women, and no respect for the country in general. Despite Indians claiming that India is wonderful, to me that is just lip service when they are willing to throw rubbish on the beaches, on the streets, defecate in public etc.

And the Indians I have met tell me how great India is and how much they love India, I have asked a couple of Indians when they plan to go back to India, and why did they leave India but I still haven't heard anything from them.

Edited by OzGirl

15 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Yes, India does have a great history, but that's about it. My Italian friends just went to India 2 months ago, they just just returned and they told me some of the stories.

They have two daughters who are 12 and 16 and they told me about all these men surrounding them and taking photos of them, men staring at them etc. They said the pollution in India is terrible, People just throwing litter in the streets with no care, slums, poverty etc, they said some of the places looked modern but that was only 10 -15% . They went to Mumbai, Goa and another place, but they did not enjoy themselves, they said most of the people they met were trying to scam them, kept harassing them etc. 

I have wanted to go to India, its on my bucket list, but a few people told me as a solo woman in India it is very dangerous, so I think I will cross off India after what my friends told me and the things I have seen on YouTube, I don't want to take the risk.

I'm not saying all Indians are like that, but don;t want to go to a country were there is no respect for women, and no respect for the country in general. Despite Indians claiming that India is wonderful, to me that is just lip service when they are willing to throw rubbish on the beaches, on the streets, defecate in public etc.

That could be because either

1. They were creeps. That would be the simplest explanation

2. Lots of children in developed countries look like adults in India due to hormone injected food in the developed countries or India's malnutrition. I was 22 when I went to US. I looked like I was 16 to the Americans. I used to get looks from girls that age. No one believed that I was eligible to drink. Every supermarket salesperson thought my ID was fake

3. They maybe FB addicts who post pics of foreigners hanging around with them. Lots of people still believe that white people are something special and take pics with them. They don't even ask them. India is aggressive in this sense.

I'm afraid to say that most of the creepy behavior is from the lower classes who form the majority of people here. They also try to scam the foreigners and other Indians who are slightly well off. Middle class people don't behave that way. You won't find me or my relatives trying to barge into a group of foreigners here.

I won't argue with the other things you have posted. You are preaching to the choir here. Its your choice whether or not to visit India. I would definitely advise you to not go solo if you do want to visit. Travel with a group or with Indian friends. Visit the spots you would like to visit in daytime

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That could be because either

1. They were creeps. That would be the simplest explanation

2. Lots of children in developed countries look like adults in India due to hormone injected food in the developed countries or India's malnutrition. I was 22 when I went to US. I looked like I was 16 to the Americans. I used to get looks from girls that age. No one believed that I was eligible to drink. Every supermarket salesperson thought my ID was fake

3. They maybe FB addicts who post pics of foreigners hanging around with them. Lots of people still believe that white people are something special and take pics with them. They don't even ask them. India is aggressive in this sense.

I'm afraid to say that most of the creepy behavior is from the lower classes who form the majority of people here. They also try to scam the foreigners and other Indians who are slightly well off. Middle class people don't behave that way. You won't find me or my relatives trying to barge into a group of foreigners here.

I won't argue with the other things you have posted. You are preaching to the choir here. Its your choice whether or not to visit India. I would definitely advise you to not go solo if you do want to visit. Travel with a group or with Indian friends. Visit the spots you would like to visit in daytime

It's a pity that India is so bad for women, I mean every country in the world has problems with rape, sexual harassment etc, but India is on another level, don't think I will be going there.

9 minutes ago, velu said:

her sister likes dil chata hai song :lol: 

Is she a padosi. If that's the case, then pak is ten times worse for women than India. At least some of us admit that our country has some faults. Padosis project their land is pure and is great for women. Yeah pak is good for kidnapping, raping and forced marriage that is :facepalm:

Edited by Real McCoy

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

i'll tell you 32 deg feels hotter in north america that a 40 degree in south india and a 12 degree in south india feels colder that a 0 degree as well. you are right its just the conditioning 

Yes, conditioning while US and UK are in upper region of mid latitudes. I can tell you when I lived in Mysore during winters, we spent whole winters in T shirts while local people were wearing sweaters saying it's too cold.

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, OzGirl said:

Yep in summer it can get to 49 - 55 degrees Celsius, or even hotter, a few summers ago it was 55 degrees for 6 weeks straight. We had birds falling off the trees, and fruit getting roasted on the trees.

Melbourne, Tassie, Adelaide can get very cold in winter, not Canada, Iceland, parts of the USA or even Europe and Russia cold, but temps can be as low as -2 to -10 degrees in parts of Australia. The things is the wind chill factor as well, when it is windy and cold it cuts through you no matter how many layers you have on.

Now that's a lie. Highest ever temperature in Melbourne is 46 degrees.

@OzGirl how popular is cricket in Australia?

In terms of pecking order what sports do school kids like to play Criket, Football, Rugby, Swimming etc.

One day when I have some money saved up I would visit Australia with my family. What are popular foods in Australia. Dont tell me you like Hagus.

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

@OzGirl how popular is cricket in Australia?

In terms of pecking order what sports do school kids like to play Criket, Football, Rugby, Swimming etc.

One day when I have some money saved up I would visit Australia with my family. What are popular foods in Australia. Dont tell me you like Hagus.

Rank Most Searched Most Attended Most Participants
1 AFL Australian Rules Football Aerobics
2 Cricket Horse Racing Golf
3 Football Rugby League Tennis
4 NRL Motor Sports Lawn Bowls
5 Golf Soccer (outdoor) Netball
6 Rugby Cricket (outdoor) Swimming
7 Soccer Rugby Union Cricket (outdoor)
8 Tennis Harness Racing Martial Arts
9 Basketball Tennis (indoor and outdoor) Basketball
10 Rugby League Dog racing Tenpin Bowling

We basically give anything a go here in Australia, but these are the most popular, cricket is only a summer sport here. Should put horse racing in there as well, Melbourne Cup, Derby Day, Cox Plate get attendance of close to 6 million combined.

Swimming has always been at the top of the list, we have world champions in swimming and we top the list at the Olympics Games, there are a lot of sports here, kids are given an opportunity to try everything before they settle on a sport they like.

Edited by OzGirl

2 hours ago, OzGirl said:

Yes, India does have a great history, but that's about it. My Italian friends just went to India 2 months ago, they just returned and they told me some of the stories.

They have two daughters who are 12 and 16 and they told me about all these men surrounding them and taking photos of them, men staring at them etc. They said the pollution in India is terrible, people just throwing litter in the streets with no care, slums, poverty etc, they said some of the places looked modern but that was only 10 -15% . They went to Mumbai, Goa and another place, but they did not enjoy themselves, they said most of the people they met were trying to scam them, kept harassing them etc. 

I have wanted to go to India, its on my bucket list, but a few people told me as a solo woman in India it is very dangerous, so I think I will cross off India after what my friends told me and the things I have seen on YouTube, I just don't want to take the risk.

I'm not saying all Indians are like that, but don't want to go to a country were there is no respect for women, and no respect for the country in general. Despite Indians claiming that India is wonderful, to me that is just lip service when they are willing to throw rubbish on the beaches, on the streets, defecate in public etc.

And the Indians I have met tell me how great India is and how much they love India, I have asked a couple of Indians when they plan to go back to India, and why did they leave India but I still haven't heard anything from them.

Kitni lambi lambi phekte ho ji? Olympics mein kya shot put aur javelin mein participate karna hai?