Sign in to follow this  
Ankit_sharma03

Ruturaj gaikwad Sensational fielding

3 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

We have come a long way.

So true that. Compare that to fielding in the 70s and 80s where the outfield in India would so bare and coarse, even overseas teams would avoid the slide to prevent skin getting ripped from the muscle, let alone Indian players. I think the first time I saw Indian players (in fact it was Bewda) diving and sliding was in Aus for the WCC tournament in 1985. 

Amazing catch... 

Two noticeable things:

1. He didn't have to risk it given that it was 22 of 1 ball required.. Thankfully he didn't get injured because he had a ramp

2. The umpire gives a soft signal based on God knows what :rotfl:  Soft signal is the biggest joke in cricket recently.. They should do away with it ASAP :facepalm:

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

2. The umpire gives a soft signal based on God knows what :rotfl:  Soft signal is the biggest joke in cricket recently.. They should do away with it ASAP :facepalm:

What if there were no cameras to check the replay? The umpire would have no choice but to give a decision regardless of whether he saw it clearly or not and the players would have to accept it.

The soft signal is for those cases which are inconclusive by way of replays. In that case, they go with the umpire's decision and the players have to accept it just like they would if there were no replays.

6 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

What if there were no cameras to check the replay? The umpire would have no choice but to give a decision regardless of whether he saw it clearly or not and the players would have to accept it.

The soft signal is for those cases which are inconclusive by way of replays. In that case, they go with the umpire's decision and the players have to accept it just like they would if there were no replays.

Ignore this match for a second... I have never ever seen a replay unavailable in an international match 

Soft signal is ridiculous. The umpire gives a signal from what he sees 60m away, and the third umpire has to take that into consideration while looking at super slo-mo replays? That doesn't make any sense 

16 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Ignore this match for a second... I have never ever seen a replay unavailable in an international match 

Soft signal is ridiculous. The umpire gives a signal from what he sees 60m away, and the third umpire has to take that into consideration while looking at super slo-mo replays? That doesn't make any sense 

The soft signal is only for when the replays are inconclusive. If the replays show the on-field umpire was wrong, the soft signal is overturned. But if no decision can be made based on the replays, that's when they go with the on-field umpire's call.

It's the same as third umpire referrals for lbw. If it's a 50-50 call such as it's just clipping the stumps, they go with the on-field umpire's call, whatever that may be. Only when it's clear that the umpire made the wrong call is when the decision is overturned.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Wait I swear I thought I read Rahul somewhere. Maybe I was thinking of a Shahrukh Khan movie.

Coz it was rahul earlier, on twitter the player who took the catch was mistakes as rahul tripathi .......but as it was realized it was ruturaj i corrected the tittle 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Coz it was rahul earlier, on twitter the player who took the catch was mistakes as rahul tripathi .......but as it was realized it was ruturaj i corrected the tittle 

Good to know the right player was found.