Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia

Dhondy

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia Umm... No. I don't agree that it could be only India or Pak. First of all, Pak bowling is still not settled and they don't know even at this stage as to what their attack is going to be. And India are too inconsistent to reach the final!

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia If you look at the WC format, top 2 teams that make it to semis will be the ones who are most likely to win the cup, to qualify as 1 or 2 you would have played good cricket in opening round and super 8 and shown some level of consistency. No 3 and 4 are a lottery 2 good games and you are in semi's. That is the problem with world cricket so few teams and all you need is a couple of games. Eng winning the VB series is an example.

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia >If you look at the WC format, top 2 teams that make it to semis will be the ones who are most likely to win the cup, to qualify as 1 or 2 you would have played good cricket in opening round hows that possible, you dont carry any points??

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia

>If you look at the WC format, top 2 teams that make it to semis will be the ones who are most likely to win the cup, to qualify as 1 or 2 you would have played good cricket in opening round hows that possible, you dont carry any points??
yes sir you do. I cant find the link but i am sure i have read it and because you carry forward your points you dont play the team you played in first round during super 8.

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia I don't know why Mark Waugh rates India and Pakistan this highly but I can understand the sentiment. I have couple of Aussie friends and he they reckon India and Pakistan are the only ones capable of beating the Aussies. They don't quite rate the rest as much. I think NZ and WI have the best chances against Aus in the WC.

Re: Waugh: India, Pak only teams capable of ousting Australia

ODI wins are anybody's guesses ... the team that does well on THAT day will be the winner .... doesnt necessarily mean that its the best team .... What we need is Test Match Worldcup to identify the true king.
well the team that wins the world cup can atleast be called the best ODI team in the world... and for test matches it would be too long...I think if they do have it, they should have a test championship between top 4 or maybe 5 teams..not all 8.