Jump to content
Gollum

All NGO staff must now declare no role in religious conversions, sedition, communal tension, disharmony

Recommended Posts

Conversions happen because of outreach by Evangelicals. Still don’t know why Indian temples are bad in this case. Tirupathi is one of the richest temples in India. They don’t have any outreach program. Most temples don’t as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gattaca said:

Conversions happen because of outreach by Evangelicals. Still don’t know why Indian temples are bad in this case. Tirupathi is one of the richest temples in India. They don’t have any outreach program. Most temples don’t as well.

Because in secular India temples are controlled by the government where as Churches and Temples are run as a private trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Because in secular India temples are controlled by the government where as Churches and Temples are run as a private trust

Is government stopping outreach program ? Really are you telling government dictates what a temple can do ? It’s about vision I don’t think temples have it. Churches at least in US have a proper admin structure. 

Edited by gattaca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gattaca said:

Is government stopping outreach program ? Really are you telling government dictates what a temple can do ? It’s about vision I don’t think temples have it. 

Govt. dictates a lot. since you gave Tirupati as an example, YSR appointed his christian relative as a trust member. There is a rumor that Chandrababu looted a lot of the temple's riches. I have been to Bodh Gaya as a kid in the early 90's in Bihar. This is apparently the place where Buddha got enlightened. that place back then was under a Japanese firm undertaking. I felt like I was in some other country as long as I was in that area. It was beautiful. This area probably makes a fraction of a fraction of what Tirupati makes.

 

There is so much TTD can do, it is as rich as the vatican, if it wants can change the entire infrastructure of Andhra leave alone Tirupati. It is clearly the government that is a roadblock.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Atheist world:

 

We never had any temples

We never had any NGOs

We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement

We never had any Bhagts, threatening others

 

But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 

 

I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Welcome to the Atheist world:

 

We never had any temples

We never had any NGOs

We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement

We never had any Bhagts, threatening others

 

But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 

 

I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination. 

 

Chap bhaag bosdike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Alam_dar said:

Welcome to the Atheist world:

 

We never had any temples

We never had any NGOs

We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement

We never had any Bhagts, threatening others

 

But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 

 

I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination. 

 

"I fear that" moment continues.

 

I remember 

"I fear that bjp will not get majority" moment when Modi was declared PM candidate

" I fear that their will be riots"  moment when Modi became PM

" I fear that who will notice him in international arena" moment during his international visit

" I fear that nothing will happen to Chidambaram, Gandhi's, Lalu" moment during first five year of tenure

 

Now all the fears related to Modi is over so now "I fear that" moment of Mota bhai arrived. These conspiracies keeps many people going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welcome to the Atheist world:
 
We never had any temples
We never had any NGOs
We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement
We never had any Bhagts, threatening others
 
But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 
 
I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination. 
 
That's some Imran Khan level bullsh¡t [emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Khalpat said:

"I fear that" moment continues.

 

I remember 

"I fear that bjp will not get majority" moment when Modi was declared PM candidate

" I fear that their will be riots"  moment when Modi became PM

" I fear that who will notice him in international arena" moment during his international visit

" I fear that nothing will happen to Chidambaram, Gandhi's, Lalu" moment during first five year of tenure

 

Now all the fears related to Modi is over so now "I fear that" moment of Mota bhai arrived. These conspiracies keeps many people going. 

 

21 minutes ago, nikred said:

That's some Imran Khan level bullsh¡t [emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
 

 

If you look carefully, then you will see the cost  in form of extreme Polarisation and hatred and extremism in the Indian society. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
If you look carefully, then you will see the cost  in form of extreme Polarisation and hatred and extremism in the Indian society. 
 
 
 
I looked carefully and all I see is silly propaganda and fear mongering.

I am an Atheist, one thing Hinduism taught me is there is nothing wrong with being an Atheist.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

 

 

If you look carefully, then you will see the cost  in form of extreme Polarisation and hatred and extremism in the Indian society. 

 

 

 

What's wrong with polarization? Atleast country has two thinking to take side with.No one forced me to take a side, me and million others thought and took a side. SiMilarly you and hundred others have another thinking.

Why do you want country to have only one kind of thought process?

 

 

Now the cost, not sure which school you went to but u should ask questions to your history teacher who never told you how lakhs and lakhs died during 1947 when Modi was not even born. Ask more about Kashmir problem and how 42000 Kashmiri have died from 1991 till 2014. Ask more about the number of deaths during anti sikh riots and other during 1970s and 80s.

 

After that go to Mathematics teacher and ask his resignation as he never told you about the word data. How many riots have happened before and after 2014? Without data you are only a person with different opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Khalpat said:

What's wrong with polarization? Atleast country has two thinking to take side with.No one forced me to take a side, me and million others thought and took a side. SiMilarly you and hundred others have another thinking.

Why do you want country to have only one kind of thought process?

 

Difference of opinion is always welcome. All different voices are respected in a civilised society. 

 

Difference of opinion does not come under polarisation, while polarisation means "extreme" hatred for others, along with killing the voices and opinions of others. 

 

For right wing Hindutva, Indian Muslims/Christians/Liberals/Dalits are not loyal citizens of India, but Traitors to India. 

 

I mean, what else should I tell you, and why should I while you are already living in India and you know that these dangerous trends are all times high under BJP led government.  Yes, people still deny it, but this denial is a mistake which will not benefit Indian society. The bitter Truth should always be faced, and society has to reform itself in light of this truth. 

 

51 minutes ago, Khalpat said:

Now the cost, not sure which school you went to but u should ask questions to your history teacher who never told you how lakhs and lakhs died during 1947 when Modi was not even born. Ask more about Kashmir problem and how 42000 Kashmiri have died from 1991 till 2014. Ask more about the number of deaths during anti sikh riots and other during 1970s and 80s.

 

It is not about numbers of people that got killed, but it is about the Hatred today. 

I can assure you that today pople hate each other many folds more than 1947. They need only one such big incident like division of India, and then many folds more people will be killed today as compared to 1947. 

In 1947, Hindu community was following great Secular person like Gandhi. But today they are following the hate mongers of Hindutva movement. 

Hindus in India didn't start these killings it in 1947.  South India was more or less completely peaceful. The riots took place mainly in Punjab of both sides. 

 

51 minutes ago, Khalpat said:

After that go to Mathematics teacher and ask his resignation as he never told you about the word data. How many riots have happened before and after 2014? Without data you are only a person with different opinion.

My sincere opinion is this that talking about Data is misleading. We need to look at the situation with out true hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nikred said:

I looked carefully and all I see is silly propaganda and fear mongering.

I am an Atheist, one thing Hinduism taught me is there is nothing wrong with being an Atheist.
 

It may be true about real Hinduism. But we are facing the challenge of Hindutva of today. 

Human Nature could never change. 

Absolute power always corrupts the people. 

Extremists and Fanatics could never bear the presence of those who differ them. 

 

Example: 
Is Yogi Adityanath a follower of Hinduism? 

Is he not the one who formed the Romeo force (or some thing like that)? And then they were beating the pairs who used to sit in the grounds in name of maintaining Hind values of the society. 

And then they started showing the same behaviour on the Valentine's Days. 

 

That is why I always say that Human Nature could not be changed. It is basic nature of fanatics that they could not bear the presence of those who differ from them in any matter. 

 

It even applies upon the "Atheist Fanatics" too. They could also not bear the presence of any religious person. These fanatic atheist are too a danger for the Secularism,  which teaches us patience and respect for even those, who differ from us. 

Edited by Alam_dar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

 

Difference of opinion is always welcome. All different voices are respected in a civilised society. 

 

Difference of opinion does not come under polarisation, while polarisation means "extreme" hatred for others, along with killing the voices and opinions of others. 

 

For right wing Hindutva, Indian Muslims/Christians/Liberals/Dalits are not loyal citizens of India, but Traitors to India. 

 

I mean, what else should I tell you, and why should I while you are already living in India and you know that these dangerous trends are all times high under BJP led government.  Yes, people still deny it, but this denial is a mistake which will not benefit Indian society. The bitter Truth should always be faced, and society has to reform itself in light of this truth. 

 

 

It is not about numbers of people that got killed, but it is about the Hatred today. 

I can assure you that today pople hate each other many folds more than 1947. They need only one such big incident like division of India, and then many folds more people will be killed today as compared to 1947. 

In 1947, Hindu community was following great Secular person like Gandhi. But today they are following the hate mongers of Hindutva movement. 

Hindus in India didn't start these killings it in 1947.  South India was more or less completely peaceful. The riots took place mainly in Punjab of both sides. 

 

My sincere opinion is this that talking about Data is misleading. We need to look at the situation with out true hearts. 

Here is how these ignorant whatsapp university trained guys think about India 

 

Pre 2014:

Jinnah : Hey Gandhi we all love everyone man. We are peaceful, no hatred just want different country.

Gandhi: Go ahead buddy, it's my baap's land.

Muslims in Pakistan: Hey Hindus Sikh, no hard feeling brothers we will just cut lakhs of you, rape your sisters but no hatred bro it's just all in love. Real hatred will be when after 2014, a troll will say something to a celebrity.

Hindu/Sikhs: No prob bro , we will also kill hundreds. All for fun but you know what we love you as it's not 2014.

 

Bhagalpur, Neeli, Ahmedabad in 60's: Hey guys, 108000 incidents of Riots in India during 70s and 80s but you know what these all are due to love and tolerance, real hatred would be when we will blow out of proportion one odd incident after 2014 and generalize whole billion population.

 

Indira Gandhi Shot dead: Hey guys since one person of particular community killed our leader we will kill everyone of that community. Burn them alive in New Delhi. Hey this is not bhakti at all since it's 1983 only , bhakti would be after 2014 if someone will say good thing about swatch Bharat. This is all in love and compassion.

 

Kashmiri Pandits go from our valley bro. But remember keep your sisters back and we all love you. Real hatred will be when someone will show guts in 2019 to stand against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NGO ko choro, who will take care of incidents like this one? But but but Hindus are the intolerant lynchers. Dozens of such news stories on a daily basis, especially in vernacular media. 

 

Bihar: Hindu widow punished by Sarpanch Aslam for ‘affair’ with Muslim man, fed beef, converted to Islam and forcefully married off to him

 

A middle-aged Muslim married man and a Hindu widow were tied with a rope and could be seen beaten with a stick by the villagers in a viral video

 
 
Quote

In Farkiya Panchayat under Baunsi Police Station of Taniganj in Araria district, an incident of forced conversion of a widow has come to light. A middle-aged Muslim married man and a Hindu widow were tied with a rope and could be seen beaten with a stick by the villagers in a viral video. They were accused of having an illicit affair. The woman was then fed beef forcefully against her will, converted to Islam and married off to the Muslim man before being cast away from the village.

The video of the crime went viral on social media. The middle-aged man has been identified as one Akbar. The incident happened on the 13th of September. According to reports, when Akbar went to his paddy field, several villagers took him to the woman’s house on some pretext and tied them there. The woman was fed beef and bones by the violent mob. All of this was done under the leadership of the Sarpanch, Mohammed Aslam. Now a concerted effort is being made to hush up the incident.

More than a dozen villagers participated in this atrocity. The father of the victim woman, Shyamlal, has registered a complaint against Mohammed Aslam, and 15 other villagers. He has alleged that his daughter and the man were dragged out of their homes and physically assaulted. Then, they were married off.

The father was forced to pay Rs. 50,000 as a penalty to rescue the pair. He did it so by mortgaging his farm. The two have been missing ever since the incident and a search is on to find them. The Police have said they have initiated an investigation into the matter. The Sarpanch meanwhile has admitted to the crime but has denied accepting money as a penalty.

 

There are enough laws to nail the culprits but who will implement? In India often the police don't enter Muslim areas to enforce law and order, either cowardice or excess secularism. Similarly even in BJP ruled states fraud missionaries get away with a rap on their knuckles, Modi's BFF is now Andhra CM and we know his family's links with West based evangelical groups. Are they serious this time or is this merely another jumla?

Free will is fine, but not the case most of the times. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dial_100 said:

A person is devoid of any belief yet is working hardest proselytizing others into atheism.

 

Do you really believe that Atheists have no right to criticise other religions? This is a strange statement from you and totally against the basic human rights. 

 

I have been criticising Islam since ages and consider it my basic human right. 

 

I have this feeling that at some point, all religions start behaving the same way. They want full rights to criticise others, but want to keep themselves above all criticism. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, Alam_dar said:

Do you really believe that Atheists have no right to criticise other religions? This is a strange statement from you and totally against the basic human rights. 

 

I have been criticising Islam since ages and consider it my basic human right. 

 

I have this feeling that at some point, all religions start behaving the same way. They want full rights to criticise others, but want to keep themselves above all criticism. 

 

You started it not me. In my world, there are lots of atheist coexisting and i dont ahve a problem but in your Atheist world, there are no temples. Where I go in your world?? disappear? I mean thats why I call atheist unwise. No wisdom. I dont claim that all temples are worthy of worshiping but that doesnt mean all of them should disappear. Some temples are worth everything to live for or die for. 

 

Atheist have achieved nothing, i mean literally zilch in spirituality. What is their qualification on theism? This topic cannot be learnt in school that gives someone right to argue on something as profound and eternal as god. Now I dont follow one religion that I will have any objection to your viewpoints. 

My Allah is akbar and my God is almighty and my Krishna is varaat. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

You started it not me. In my world, there are lots of atheist coexisting and i dont ahve a problem but in your Atheist world, there are no temples. Where I go in your world?? disappear? I mean thats why I call atheist unwise. No wisdom. I dont claim that all temples are worthy of worshiping but that doesnt mean all of them should disappear. Some temples are worth everything to live for or die for. 

This is a totally wrong perception here. 

I am a human being first, and then atheist. 

And as human being, I place Secularism above all. 

In my world, all have right to co-exist, all are welcome. But only difference is this that in my world all are also allowed to preach about their religion and also allowed to CRITICISE other religions and ideologies. 

 

Sadly, but the followers of other religions don't follow Secularism in it's true spirit. They allow themselves to criticise others, but their own religion above any criticism. 

My ideology is atheism, and I invite and welcome all criticism. 

 

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

Atheist have achieved nothing, i mean literally zilch in spirituality. What is their qualification on theism? This topic cannot be learnt in school that gives someone right to argue on something as profound and eternal as god. Now I dont follow opne religion that I will have any objection to your viewpoints. 

My Allah is akbar and my God is almighty and my Krishna is varaat. 

I view the things differently.

I am still unable to understand what "spirituality" is. Different religions have different definitions. Some relate it to the souls and magic too.

I only know "Humanity", which I could feel in myself. For me, only  this humanity is spiritualism. 

 

As far as your claim that atheism achieved literally zilch, then again I view it totally different. 

It was the atheism which helped Europe to get rid of the tyrant Church, which caused so much misery till Medieval period. 

 

The present "non-religious" Secular system and even the Democratic system is the achievement of this atheist ideology. We humans are in better position when we use our brains to solve our problems, instead of taking guidance from so many different sources which claim themselves to be Divine and declare all other divine sources to be lies and deception. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

This is a totally wrong perception here. 

I am a human being first, and then atheist. 

And as human being, I place Secularism above all. 

In my world, all have right to co-exist, all are welcome. But only difference is this that in my world all are also allowed to preach about their religion and also allowed to CRITICISE other religions and ideologies. 

 

Sadly, but the followers of other religions don't follow Secularism in it's true spirit. They allow themselves to criticise others, but their own religion above any criticism. 

My ideology is atheism, and I invite and welcome all criticism. 

 

I view the things differently.

I am still unable to understand what "spirituality" is. Different religions have different definitions. Some relate it to the souls and magic too.

I only know "Humanity", which I could feel in myself. For me, only  this humanity is spiritualism. 

 

As far as your claim that atheism achieved literally zilch, then again I view it totally different. 

It was the atheism which helped Europe to get rid of the tyrant Church, which caused so much misery till Medieval period. 

 

The present "non-religious" Secular system and even the Democratic system is the achievement of this atheist ideology. We humans are in better position when we use our brains to solve our problems, instead of taking guidance from so many different sources which claim themselves to be Divine and declare all other divine sources to be lies and deception. 

 

On 9/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, Alam_dar said:

Welcome to the Atheist world:

We never had any temples

 

These were your words. Only talk about that. Dont circumvent the question. How is this secularism?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Alam_dar said:

Welcome to the Atheist world:

 

We never had any temples

We never had any NGOs

We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement

We never had any Bhagts, threatening others

 

But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 

 

I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination

 

What's wrong in that.....first Muslim looters and plunderers raped and forcefully converted the present Muslim's forefather...now their inbreds are doing love jihads and raping dalits..Good to give them taste of their own medicine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, Alam_dar said:

Welcome to the Atheist world:

 

We never had any temples

We never had any NGOs

We never had any violent "Ghar Wapsi" movement

We never had any Bhagts, threatening others

 

But still people are leaving their religions and converting to atheism automatically. 

 

I fear that Mota Bhai will sooner or later also perceive Atheism too as a danger to his Hindu Ideology and will find an excuse to strangle atheism too. At moment he is little busy with Muslims,, otherwise his dream is Hindu Rashtra with complete Hindu domination. 

 

 

 Hinduism respected Atheists long back, Google Charvakas. Some of it's proponents were given Rishi status. Knowledge is welcome and debated in Sanatana dharma.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bahubali said:

What's wrong in that.....first Muslim looters and plunderers raped and forcefully converted the present Muslim's forefather...now their inbreds are doing love jihads and raping dalits..Good to give them taste of their own medicine.

Playing might is right  is totally wrong, either it is played by Muslim Rulers or Mota bhai.

Especially in today's era. 

 

We atheists are the only one who fully allow others to criticise us. While all religions are showing the negative trait of banning criticism one way or another. Why?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

 

 Hinduism respected Atheists long back, Google Charvakas. Some of it's proponents were given Rishi status. Knowledge is welcome and debated in Sanatana dharma.

I know Charvakas, but dind't know there proponents were given the status of Rishi. Do you have any link for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Playing might is right  is totally wrong, either it is played by Muslim Rulers or Mota bhai.

Especially in today's era. 

 

We atheists are the only one who fully allow others to criticise us. While all religions are showing the negative trait of banning criticism one way or another. Why?

 

The two largest atheist nations officially banned by all criticism of atheism and discussion of religion freely: USSR and PRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Playing might is right  is totally wrong, either it is played by Muslim Rulers or Mota bhai.

Especially in today's era. 

 

We atheists are the only one who fully allow others to criticise us. While all religions are showing the negative trait of banning criticism one way or another. Why?

 

You call urself atheist still picking and highlighting faults in one particular religion .ex: thread which you have created "manusmriti ......"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bahubali said:

You call urself atheist still picking and highlighting faults in one particular religion .ex: thread which you have created "manusmriti ......"

My 99% criticism is only Islam in my life. 

 

My 75% criticism is on Islam at ICF, but strangely my 3 important threads about Islam were deleted by the admins and no reasons were told. I still wonder why this thing happened at ICF. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why we need to make anti-conversion law. This is so petty, happening because of evangelicals in domination in government and mainstream. TN and Kerala Hindus are doomed. Read about the Joshua project. Can we slip in a Gita in people going on a pilgrimage to Mecca or Jerusalem? 

 

 

 

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faced with protests, NIT-Meghalaya to remove Ganesha idol from campus

NIT-Meghalaya director, BB Biswal, told this newspaper that the idol would be removed on Monday as it was hurting the sentiments of some groups of people belonging to other faiths.

LINK

 

Quote

GUWAHATI: Faced with protests, the National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya has decided to remove an idol of Lord Ganesha from the campus just seven days after it was installed.

NIT-Meghalaya director, BB Biswal, told this newspaper that the idol would be removed on Monday as it was hurting the sentiments of some groups of people belonging to other faiths.

“The officer-in-charge of a local police station came to the campus two days ago to enquire if there was any objection to the installation of the Ganesha idol. I said the Jaintia Students’ Union (JSU) gave me a letter saying that it hurt the sentiments of people from other religions. We have replied to the JSU saying that since it is hurting the sentiments of some groups of people, we will remove it,” Biswal said.

At the same time, he sought to defend the idol’s installation saying that it had nothing to do with religion.

 

“We were renovating the office rooms and that portion, where the idol was put, is a common passage and it was very dirty. When we cleaned it up, someone suggested that we put an idol so that nobody makes that portion dirty. That was the idea. Religion had nothing to do with it,” Biswal said.

He said the idol was not being worshipped and that it was kept there for “decorative” purpose.

Letter_of_Invite.jpg

While inviting his colleagues ahead of the idol’s installation, a faculty member of the institute wrote in the invitation letter, “…You are requested to be present at the auspicious occasion”.

The JSU, in a representation to the director submitted on September 26, had warned that the act of the NIT-Meghalaya administration might incite “communal sentiments” among students and staffs belonging to other faiths. It suggested the administration to install the bust of a renowned personality from the field of science, arts or literature in place of the Ganesha idol.

The idol, reportedly carved by a national award-winning sculptor, was installed at the entrance point of Director’s secretariat on Monday much to the chagrin of a section of faculty members. They had warned the director against the plan in order to maintain the institute’s secular fabrics but he went ahead.

JSU_Letter_to_Director.jpg

Shillong-based activist Agnes Kharshiing was critical of the institute’s act.

“It’s like instigating people. As a director, he should concentrate on education for which he is there and not incite enmity and hatred among communities,” Kharshiing said.

From a state that has seen at least two large scale incidents of Hindu exodus for refusing to convert. 

Most government buildings in Meghalaya have crosses inscribed, hypocrisy zindabad. Poor NE Hindus can't catch a break. 

Now the much needed retaliation. 

Ganesh Idol removed from NIT-Meghalaya: Legal rights group demands removal of Christian idols from all govt offices

legal-1024x405.jpg

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assam court punishes Hindu head priest for preventing religious conversions by Christian Evangelists

LINK

 

Quote

In a first of firsts, the head priest of a satra at the hub of Vaishnavite culture in Assam is facing criminal charges for doing his Dharmic duty. On August 1st, Prashant Payeng of Jorhat, Assam had filed a complaint against Janardan Deva Goswami, the head priest of Dakshinpat Ashromi, accusing him of preventing religious conversions and preventing the spread of Christianity in Majuli. 

On receiving the compliant, the local court inquired the matter by examining the complainant and some witnesses on August 14th and August 30th, respectively. The case was heard by the judiciary and the judgement was ruled against the priest. Bail was granted only on September 25th.

When approached, Goswami expressed his utter dismay at the proceedings, “It is very unfortunate that I have been charged for my work done for the protection of my culture and religion. I believe it is my duty to protect my culture and religion at this ancient seat of Vaishnavite culture.” 

He further added that he had appeared before the court when summoned and is committed to comply with the orders of the court. Incidentally, Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal is the MLA from Majuli constituency.  

We tried to delve deeper into this case in search of more details; we wondered if the head priest was violent in his approach of resisting the encroachment by Christian missionaries into the Vaishnavite culture, and we were keen to know if the Hindu priest had employed hate or hate speech against  Christians, missionaries, or Christianity as a whole, while resisting its proliferation in Majuli.

Despite a thorough search, we found no account of physical or verbal hate instigated by Goswami ji at the missionaries or those they wished to convert. This leaves us wondering, what aspect of the head priest’s behavior constituted the sentence pronounced by the court. 

Earlier this year, a Christian missionary was caught on camera, screaming anti-Hindu slurs, standing right in front of the Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.  “Neither Yoga, nor Yogi can liberate you from sins, only Jesus can,” he was heard yelling in a state of hysterical frenzy. 

In September 2018, Mohan Lazarus, a Christian preacher denigrated Hindu temples calling them, “Satan’s strongholds”. The preacher, who is also the owner of Tamil television channel Sathiyam TV, is infamous for his habitual and repeated derogatory remarks against Hindu Dharma. Back in April this year, a Goan priest had called the BJP President, Amit Shah, a ‘devil’ and added that god ‘punished’ late Manohar Parrikar with cancer.

A video clip of Bishop Ezra Sargunam, a controversial evangelist from Tamil Nadu went viral on various social media platforms. The video captured him calling for violence against Hindus. He was seen addressing a sizeable audience, and through his speech, instigating them to, ‘Punch (the Hindus) in their face couple of times, make them bleed and help them understand the truth,” adding for good measure that “There is nothing called as a Hindu Religion.” 

However, neither were any of the above evangelists arrested, nor any criminal proceedings carried out against them and their incessant venom-spewing against 80% of the country’s population. 

On the other hand, a Hindu priest is held guilty by a court of law, for merely protecting his culture and faith from the vulture-eyes of evangelists in Assam.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...