Dhoni and media screwing pant

mani sha

4 hours ago, New guy said:

Imagine you are a new joinee in a MNC. There is a senior who worked on the same project whom the bosses love. As soon as you join there is only public praise of the senior and public criticism of you as a new joinee. Everyone is after you, waiting for you to make mistakes so that they could sack you and hire the old guy back. Will you make more mistakes or less in such a toxic environment?

that senior might have done some terrific job for their project :giggle:

9 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Isn't the criticism justified? He keeps trying to play cheeky shots and loses his wicket. Lost the T20 match against Australia at the start of the year from a winning position. 

I am all for backing youngsters but they should be criticised for throwing their wicket away.

Thala has 0 MOM awards in 89 T20 internationals. Time and time again he has been embarassed in T20 internationals. How come he was never criticized in the media?

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Thala has 0 MOM awards in 89 T20 internationals. Time and time again he has been embarassed in T20 internationals. How come he was never criticized in the media?

May be because Dhoni was already an established player in Odis and tests before he started playing T20s. 

Anyway we are digressing, I don't have answer to why Dhoni wasn't criticised. All I am saying is Pant wouldn't be criticised if he starts being more consistent.

7 hours ago, New guy said:

Imagine you are a new joinee in a MNC. There is a senior who worked on the same project whom the bosses love. As soon as you join there is only public praise of the senior and public criticism of you as a new joinee. Everyone is after you, waiting for you to make mistakes so that they could sack you and hire the old guy back. Will you make more mistakes or less in such a toxic environment?

Look I am not defending Dhoni here, as a well wisher of Indian cricket I want him gone too. But let's not make Pant a Messiah. He has bad temperament, poor match awareness and above all, poor technique as a wicket keeper. Only a select few get the chance to represent India at international level. If Pant doesn't perform up to the expectations, there is no harm in giving chance to another keeper who has done well in domestic matches.

9 hours ago, mani sha said:

This isn’t criticism - this is bullying 

in t20 wickets not as much valuable as strike rate- pant plays correct and as per his strength . 

What shastri is doing is nothing but gutter politics . U can give feedback in private - imagine a dravid or a kumble ever saying something like this - all the good guys have been kept out and it’s a corrupt couturie running the show 

I haven't forgiven Kohli and Shastri for publically criticising Pujara and justifying dropping him for playing too slowly. They have their own agendas and I have little time for them.

But as a fan, I can certainly criticise Pant if he isn't winning matches for us. 

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

every youngsters throws his wkt at start, sehwag did all his life. 

Thats his game....the days it comes off it looks great but it has a flip side to the day it doesnt come off

He is an impact player....shudnt expect consistency from him. Neither was gilly, sehwag, jayasuria consistent 

If u want consistency that will come at cost of impact .......We already have rohit, kohli, dhawan now lets not make someone bat ni their mould. Ppl want some one to tonk from ball 1 but on most days it doesnt come off......so if u want that expect the other side as well 

Sehwag had a decent defense and he avoided playing cross batted hoicks. But yes he did frustrate us by throwing his wicket. And some leeway can be given to Pant as well because he is young and will time to settle down. 

But as I read earlier on Cricinfo that there is difference between being fearless and careless. Whatever I have seen of Pant in Australia and in West Indies, I have found his shot selections to be infuriating. 

He is talented so he would be backed but there are other players waiting for their chance as well. If Pant can't win us matches more often, those players deserve to get a chance ahead of Pant.

10 minutes ago, retired_hurt said:

Sehwag had a decent defense and he avoided playing cross batted hoicks. But yes he did frustrate us by throwing his wicket. And some leeway can be given to Pant as well because he is young and will time to settle down. 

Pant has a very good defense to ....he looked the most comfertable when every one struggling in semi final against NZ

But as I read earlier on Cricinfo that there is difference between being fearless and careless. Whatever I have seen of Pant in Australia and in West Indies, I have found his shot selections to be infuriating. 

Thats rathore statement 

Diff btw careless n fearless is result....when it comes off ppl say it was genius when it doesnt ppl say what a fool 

He is talented so he would be backed but there are other players waiting for their chance as well. If Pant can't win us matches more often, those players deserve to get a chance ahead of Pant.

1st lets back pant properly then lets come to others....even kishen n samson will go through same

12 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

All these threads are useless. We aren’t win t20 cup next year irrespective of who we play.

I m not watching cricket . I follow the scores . Only saw final of World Cup as New Zealand is my fav team . 

Idiots flock to ipl stadia 

eyeballs glue cricket matches and bcci purse gets fat with cricketers becoming millionaires inspite of no trophy to show last 5 years - players who got us icici test championship - ashwin jadeja and pujara and lately pant are always under pressure of undue nature . But morons who get useless runs in bilaterals are paid a zillion . 

In the golden age of bowling we are not world champions of all three formats cos it’s also the golden age of nepotism and the worst captain ever to lead an Indian side 

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pant has a very good defense to ....he looked the most comfertable when every one struggling in semi final against NZ

Thats rathore statement 

Diff btw careless n fearless is result....when it comes off ppl say it was genius when it doesnt ppl say what a fool 

1st lets back pant properly then lets come to others....even kishen n samson will go through same

There is something called match awareness. If your team needs you to be there and play sensibly and instead you try unnecessary cheeky shots, and in the process lose team the match, then there are bound to be questions raised against you. Yes, you need to back youngsters, and give them confidence, but only if they are willing to improve and work upon their mistakes.

1 minute ago, retired_hurt said:

There is something called match awareness. If your team needs you to be there and play sensibly and instead you try unnecessary cheeky shots, and in the process lose team the match, then there are bound to be questions raised against you. Yes, you need to back youngsters, and give them confidence, but only if they are willing to improve and work upon their mistakes.

If all 20-21 yr olds were catsigated for this, none of them would have gone on to have a long career.

Yuvraj after 18 matches had an average of 21 with a SR of 83. Imagine if his coach and captain publicly abused him and left him in the lurch.

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

match awareness comes without playing matches kya ? he hasnt even played 20 ODI till now.....ur saying as if he hasnt done anything

34 minutes ago, beetle said:

Im afraid Dhoni will toss some coins and Gavaskar will change his tone 

Even if its temporary,it sounds good