India vs SA, 3rd T20I, Bangalore

Mosher

Just now, sandeep said:

Anything below 170 only needs one decent partnership to chase.  Even average teams can get there. 

I don’t know if these guys can get through our spinners. 140 should be competitive. Obviously sa will be favs but I think 140 is defendable against this SA line up.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t know if these guys can get through our spinners. 140 should be competitive. Obviously sa will be favs but I think 140 is defendable against this SA line up.

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the game result doesn't matter.  How SA go against a 140 is on them.  I wanted to see India bat pro-actively and cross 200.   They adopted the right tactics at the start, but failed horrifically in executing it.  This is why I have been moaning on and on about trying to practice such batting methods for almost 3 4 years now.  Its not a switch you can flip - it takes a lot of mental strength to commit to those tactics and successfully execute them.  I don't think that the Indian batsmen lack in ability and skillset to accomplish that.  But its like anything, if you don't practice it, you can't just show up and execute it in a match. 

Same exact thing happened in the NZ ODI series if you remember.  Before the WC...

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pitch is slow....everyone is struggling with timing

only rabadda bowling with that pace looks to be coming on bat better

Even with a slow pitch, par is well north of 140.  Probably about 165 at least. 

India attempted to target a par+ total batting first, instead of par - that is a big change in methodology.  Didn't work, but they need to stick to that plan. 

Just now, sandeep said:

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the game result doesn't matter.  How SA go against a 140 is on them.  I wanted to see India bat pro-actively and cross 200.   They adopted the right tactics at the start, but failed horrifically in executing it.  This is why I have been moaning on and on about trying to practice such batting methods for almost 3 4 years now.  Its not a switch you can flip - it takes a lot of mental strength to commit to those tactics and successfully execute them.  I don't think that the Indian batsmen lack in ability and skillset to accomplish that.  But its like anything, if you don't practice it, you can't just show up and execute it in a match. 

Same exact thing happened in the NZ ODI series if you remember.  Before the WC...

The problem is new approach doesn’t work with old folk. Top 3 have been super successful with a certain approach, all of a sudden asking them to change their approach that has worked for them all these years is dumb. 

I mean if the team management had this idea to have a refreshing and new approach, they should have tried a new combo or new players.

This shows that we want all the accolades but don’t want to take the risks to get there

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Even with a slow pitch, par is well north of 140.  Probably about 165 at least. 

India attempted to target a par+ total batting first, instead of par - that is a big change in methodology.  Didn't work, but they need to stick to that plan. 

good such games shud happens.....youngsters will only learn when they ll be put in such situtaions