‘Miscommunication’ over India No.4 spot: Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer nearly walk out to bat at same time

Kohli was asked about it at the post-match press conference after South Africa emerged winners by nine wickets. “I think there was a miscommunication. That was what I understood afterwards,” he said.

“The batting coach had a word with both of them. There was a misunderstanding over who has to go at what stage,” Kohli said. “It was a little funny as well afterwards because they both wanted to walk in. So it would have been very funny if both reached the pitch, you know three batsmen in the field.”

Asked who was originally slated to bat at number four, Kohli said they “had plans” according to phases.

“I think after 10 overs what we had decided was that Rishabh would walk in, and before that, Shreyas had to walk in. But I think both of them got confused and didn’t realise who has to walk in at what stage of the game,” Kohli said.

Link - https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/india-no-4-spot-confusion-rishabh-pant-shreyas-iyer-walk-out-to-bat-at-same-time-6019137/

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

“I think after 10 overs what we had decided was that Rishabh would walk in, and before that, Shreyas had to walk in. But I think both of them got confused and didn’t realise who has to walk in at what stage of the game,” Kohli said.

head coach kya kar raha tha dressing room men , isnt he incharge

oh i forgot 10 cr mil gaye responsibility khatam 

Very disgusting to say the least. 

This could have been discussed in private but Kohli felt the need to tell the media.

In the coming days they will twist the story to say Pant was at fault so that they can continue this agenda of getting back Dhoni in the team.

The plan is to rotate wicket keepers until world T20, will not allow any wicket keeper to settle. When time comes to pick squad they will pick Dhoni. 

Unless Dhoni does the honorouble thing which I doubt.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh