Senator Dick Durbin Mocking Indians

gattaca

I think sometimes Hindu-Americans let the D's hijack their votes by painting the R's as the only racists. Both the D's and the R's have racists among their politicians and among their common voters. Vote for your interests, rather than letting these chus try to scare you into voting for them.  

While claims of race baiting aside, the biggest opponents of green card fairness are other smaller asian groups like Iranians etc.

You cant blame the usa for keeping checks and balances on the number of overseas peopke becoming citizens. You cant blame indians for wanting and end to country based quotas. You cant blame smaller countries for continuing the system. Its just boils down to circumstance. 

Durbin was just playing upto what he deems to be are bigger vote banks.

4 hours ago, G_B_ said:

While claims of race baiting aside, the biggest opponents of green card fairness are other smaller asian groups like Iranians etc.

You cant blame the usa for keeping checks and balances on the number of overseas peopke becoming citizens. You cant blame indians for wanting and end to country based quotas. You cant blame smaller countries for continuing the system. Its just boils down to circumstance. 

Durbin was just playing upto what he deems to be are bigger vote banks.

Are you taking about diversity ? If you are do you know US has chain immigration , Green card lottery. All 190 country people through these channels. When people apply for job no one looks at their country of origin to give them the job. 

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I don't understand what was he mocking?

Indians and Chinese wait longest for green card in US. He was mocking them with a skit with an Iranian F1 student. Look there are many kids who are aging out because their parents came to us after they are born in India or some other country. Aging out means they will be out of status and need to come back to US with F1 visa again. The Mocking was insensitive. The same senator cosponsored the bill in 2011. But he is holding the bill now. In 2011 they had some quota for Irish visas. But the Advocacy group found it is very tough to increase visas so they dropped that. Now he opposes the bill. Democrats are show they are pro immigration but they are anti immigrant. Please read the medium article to know how he staged everything.

Edited by gattaca

6 hours ago, Aiden said:

Why India & Chinese have longest wait for green cards? 

demand and supply.

green cards are capped at 7% at max (of total value) per country for employment based green cards. This was to ensure diversity. The problem is a country like latvia has a population of a few million. While India and China are billion plus. In addition, professionals from India and China move to the USA in relatively large numbers (employment based green card)

The current system favours countries with a low population and low number of people moving from said country to the USA.

In an ideal scenario the total number of green cards issued based on employment or family based would heavily increase . But that remains politically toxic for main political parties.

This article explains the issue

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2019/03/18/indian-and-chinese-tech-workers-could-go-to-front-of-green-card-line-under-new-bill/#c92278618357

US immigration laws are made in such a way that no country should be allowed to send so many immigrants that, they basically become dominant over other cultures and turn US in to a minor version of their country. US is supposed to be a melting pot of the cultures, not colonies of cultures. If you have lived near any place like where I am right now, which is greater Los Angeles, you should know what I mean, because of the uncontrolled border jumpers. Parts of Los Angeles feels just like you are living in a Mexican town. There is no melting or melding into the existing culture.

This is why the per country per year limits exists. Not just to exclude Indian nationals. And because how Indian nationals feeling being singled out, US will not change this stance. Having merit has no advantage as other nations can send immigrants with same type of qualities, if not better. And measures like S386 which was just put away by the senate, is suggesting to give the Indian nationals an advantage over other countries’ nationals. It is not going to fly, because it is preferential. If US congress passes such a law, what do you think will prevent Mexican’s or Philippines nationals demanding the same treatment ? Merit argument doesn’t hold water by itself. US immigration is not like Canada.

37 minutes ago, Aiden said:

US immigration laws are made in such a way that no country should be allowed to send so many immigrants that, they basically become dominant over other cultures and turn US in to a minor version of their country. US is supposed to be a melting pot of the cultures, not colonies of cultures. If you have lived near any place like where I am right now, which is greater Los Angeles, you should know what I mean, because of the uncontrolled border jumpers. Parts of Los Angeles feels just like you are living in a Mexican town. There is no melting or melding into the existing culture.

This is why the per country per year limits exists. Not just to exclude Indian nationals. And because how Indian nationals feeling being singled out, US will not change this stance. Having merit has no advantage as other nations can send immigrants with same type of qualities, if not better. And measures like S386 which was just put away by the senate, is suggesting to give the Indian nationals an advantage over other countries’ nationals. It is not going to fly, because it is preferential. If US congress passes such a law, what do you think will prevent Mexican’s or Philippines nationals demanding the same treatment ? Merit argument doesn’t hold water by itself. US immigration is not like Canada.

Do you support segregation of schools based on color ? Do you even read S386 bill ? It is first come first serve how is it giving advantage to Indians ? 

Edited by gattaca

You don’t have any hope that bill becoming a law as long as Trump is in the office. You know his stance for immigration. He wants people from countries like Norway, Sweden etc, not from India, Phiplippines, Mexico or China. Even if by a miracle of god almighty, the bill gets a yes vote from Senate, it will die on president’s desk because he will not sign any immigration without border wall funding which Nancy Pelosi will not agree since democrats hold the House now.

Also, considering how one sided this bill is, benefiting mainly Indian natives waiting for their employment based green cards and pretty much nobody else, while stealing spots from other nations’ natives, I don’t believe any politician stick their heads out to help Indian nationals.

^

not strictly true. If Trump is reelected, i doubt he needs to pander to anybody due to term limits. I feel Trump 2.0 will be all about lobbying and making money for himself and his family.

He will be more inclined to help Indian Americans if they heavily fund his presidential campaign. If 1 million Indian Americans each give $1000 to his presidential campaign (i know its a simplistic view). Thats a big figure.

Indian Americans should play it wise. Wait till about 3-4 months before the elections and then pull the trigger for the winning side with their wallets. They need to follow the jews in this regard.