Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SecondSlip

2019 Canadian federal election

Recommended Posts

So Canadian ICF walo, it’s almost that time again, another general election!

The 40-day campaign will see the incumbent Liberals attempt to retain their majority that they won in the 2015 election. Two of the three major parties will contest this election under new leaders: the Conservative Party, led by Andrew Scheer, and the New Democratic Party under Jagmeet Singh.

Will Justin Trudeau get another term?

Edited by SecondSlip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One good thing about the Justin Trudeau government from an Indian POV is that he has made it much easier for Indian people to enter into Canada, especially students. 
 

Quote

International students from India are moving to Canada in droves, with Indian students preferring a study destination that offers long-term immigration options, economic opportunity, and a calm political climate.

The Globe and Mail newspaper reports that last year 172,000 students with Indian citizenship held a Canadian study permit  107,795 arrived in 2018 alone  making India the largest source country for international students in Canada. The cohort of new Indian students was more than three times larger than it was as recently as 2015.

The figures reveal that the second-largest cohort of international students in Canada come from China, with 142,000 Chinese nationals holding a study permit, of whom 85,825 arrived in 2018.

University and college campuses in Canada have long benefited from the arrival of Indian students, who are lauded for their academic aptitude and career focus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely a Conservative win since Trudeau made some big errors in the recent years. He opened the borders to welfare leech Muslims and these people became a big burden on Tax payers. He also opened the flood gates for international students and the white community didn't like that either.

In the event Conservatives don't get a full majority, NDP will support Trudeau and Liberals will win a second term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

Most likely a Conservative win since Trudeau made some big errors in the recent years. He opened the borders to welfare leech Muslims and these people became a big burden on Tax payers. He also opened the flood gates for international students and the white community didn't like that either.

In the event Conservatives don't get a full majority, NDP will support Trudeau and Liberals will win a second term.

everywhere...farking make 10 babies do construction or drive cab and get welfare cheques..vermins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

@Muloghonto @Under_Score @Tibarn who do you hate less justin or andrew ? 

Honestly I haven't followed Canadian politics much before, as I have never lived in Canada. However, from whatever I see online about Justin Trudeau, the constant trolling he gets, I am guessing many Canadians see him like Rahul Gandhi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Honestly I haven't followed Canadian politics much before, as I have never lived in Canada. However, from whatever I see online about Justin Trudeau, the constant trolling he gets, I am guessing many Canadians see him like Rahul Gandhi.  

I dunno if RaGa is a good example. Trudeau gets a lot of flak for basically being a sleazy salesman image who tries to please everyone and by trying to position himself as the ultimate in virtue signalling. He is one of those guys who sounds extremely convincing and genuine when he is smooth talking you and making promises, but sounds extremely fake when he is outraged or angry. Like that kid in school u never quite believed was angry because his body language said he was putting on a show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I hate Trudeau less by a long margin. 

yeah...thought so..

 

give some intel on Scheer.. 

 

i think both Trudeau and Scheer to varying degrees are untrue they have a public image and a reality.

 

Why do you dislike Scheer more ? wanted to know a different perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah...thought so..

 

give some intel on Scheer.. 

 

i think both Trudeau and Scheer to varying degrees are untrue they have a public image and a reality.

 

Why do you dislike Scheer more ? wanted to know a different perspective.

Because Scheer associates with anti immigrant, anti lgbtq lobbyists all over the place, attends their Galas, dinners, etc. I am old enough to not give a rats behind about what politicians say, I only care about what they do. And Scheers actions is to patronize anti immigrant, anti lgbtq etc people. Makes me deeply suspicious. He and Trudeau don’t differ majorly in economic policy, except that Scheer believes in less taxes(typical), mostly coming from cutting funding to public education and public health. So a hard pass for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because Scheer associates with anti immigrant, anti lgbtq lobbyists all over the place, attends their Galas, dinners, etc. I am old enough to not give a rats behind about what politicians say, I only care about what they do. And Scheers actions is to patronize anti immigrant, anti lgbtq etc people. Makes me deeply suspicious. He and Trudeau don’t differ majorly in economic policy, except that Scheer believes in less taxes(typical), mostly coming from cutting funding to public education and public health. So a hard pass for me. 

Give me a bit of historical perspective.. You mean bernier and his coitre ? When you say anti immigration?

 

I found the below on conservative plan.

  • Put an end to illegal border crossings at unofficial points of entry like Roxham Road
  • Close the loophole in the Safe-Third Country Agreement that allows some people to skip the line and avoid the queue
  • Safeguard and emphasize economic immigration
  • Set immigration levels consistent with what is in Canada’s best interests
  • Stand up for families and ensure that spouses and children can be reunited
  • Improve language training
  • Ensure that our system prioritizes people facing true persecution
  • Improve credential recognition and make it easier for new Canadians who have existing skills that meet our standards to ply their trades here
  • Work to reunite survivors of genocide, who have already resettled in Canada, more expeditiously
  • Bring back the Office of Religious Freedom so that we can protect our shared humanity and promote interest in the dignity of all people
  • Promote the private sponsorships of refugees

Would you not think they mean to restrict not economic immigration which is good for everyone ? Even Indian people who want to come to Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Give me a bit of historical perspective.. You mean bernier and his coitre ? When you say anti immigration?

 

I found the below on conservative plan.

  • Put an end to illegal border crossings at unofficial points of entry like Roxham Road
  • Close the loophole in the Safe-Third Country Agreement that allows some people to skip the line and avoid the queue
  • Safeguard and emphasize economic immigration
  • Set immigration levels consistent with what is in Canada’s best interests
  • Stand up for families and ensure that spouses and children can be reunited
  • Improve language training
  • Ensure that our system prioritizes people facing true persecution
  • Improve credential recognition and make it easier for new Canadians who have existing skills that meet our standards to ply their trades here
  • Work to reunite survivors of genocide, who have already resettled in Canada, more expeditiously
  • Bring back the Office of Religious Freedom so that we can protect our shared humanity and promote interest in the dignity of all people
  • Promote the private sponsorships of refugees

Would you not think they mean to restrict not economic immigration which is good for everyone ? Even Indian people who want to come to Canada.

#4 is the main point most immigrants are anti PC. Three years ago PC floated the idea that Canada should favour immigration with those countries it’s a culture match. They tried to spin it anti Islam but in reality it was pro white European immigration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

#4 is the main point most immigrants are anti PC. Three years ago PC floated the idea that Canada should favour immigration with those countries it’s a culture match. They tried to spin it anti Islam but in reality it was pro white European immigration 

and is it necessarily bad ? imagine brit scottish farmers , east european construction workers ? instead of say muzzies. Indians and Chinese will certainly make bigh numbers no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Vilander said:

and is it necessarily bad ? imagine brit scottish farmers , east european construction workers ? instead of say muzzies. Indians and Chinese will certainly make bigh numbers no matter what. 

But it’s not anti muzzies it’s anti brown. Meaning less opportunities for our people 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I dunno if RaGa is a good example. Trudeau gets a lot of flak for basically being a sleazy salesman image who tries to please everyone and by trying to position himself as the ultimate in virtue signalling. He is one of those guys who sounds extremely convincing and genuine when he is smooth talking you and making promises, but sounds extremely fake when he is outraged or angry. Like that kid in school u never quite believed was angry because his body language said he was putting on a show.

Oh I don't know if he is actually Rahul Gandhi. From what little I have seen from him, he seems to genuinely think what he says, even if he is wrong. Rahul is a cartoon who will change his statement depending on what his handlers think is politically expedient. 

 

However, online he is treated just like Pappu from what I've seen. 

I know this is a fake quote, but it is funny that it encapsulates what many think of him

Image result for if you kill your enemies they win

Or this

Image result for justin trudeau meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 9:15 AM, Vilander said:

@Muloghonto @Under_Score @Tibarn who do you hate less justin or andrew ? 

I don't hate any of these leaders, Justin Trudeau is a good person just like his father Pierre Trudeau who was Canada PM ( 1968 - 1984 ). Pierre Trudeau gave opportunity to non-white immigrants, he believed that Canada was for 'All races' not just 'Whites'. 

Justin Trudeau has committed blunders in trying to earn the 'Good PM' image...he became too nice instead of being Realistic about 'What type of immigrants are good for Canada. 

My vote is for him.....hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term.

Edited by Under_Score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

.he became too nice instead of being Realistic about 'What type of immigrants are good for Canada. 

My vote is for him.....hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term.

how do you know he will not welcome a million more food stamp gang who would come in drive uber and make 10 babies each ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vilander said:

how do you know he will not welcome a million more food stamp gang who would come in drive uber and make 10 babies each ?

I never said I know that he'll NEVER welcome unwanted people.....I said "hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

i think when uber moves onto driverless technology its going to basically present a big problem to countries which have seen a rise in uber driving baby factories which they imported.

 

 

U r in uk right ? Lolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I never said I know that he'll NEVER welcome unwanted people.....I said "hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term"

Thats the thing dosent the other guy Scheer then get a chance at least he is clear on Immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, SecondSlip said:

One good thing about the Justin Trudeau government from an Indian POV is that he has made it much easier for Indian people to enter into Canada, especially students. 
 

 

Don't be under any illusion.  Canada is not USA.

All these students who enter Canada, will either end up taking a low paid job or end up as a taxi driver/store worker.

 

Only if you graduate from one of the top univs like Univ of Toronto or Calgary etc. do you stand a chance of securing a decent job.

 

And I do not think the Canadian students can apply for Permanent Residency either, unless they are sponsored by a company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I don't hate any of these leaders, Justin Trudeau is a good person just like his father Pierre Trudeau who was Canada PM ( 1968 - 1984 ). Pierre Trudeau gave opportunity to non-white immigrants, he believed that Canada was for 'All races' not just 'Whites'. 

Justin Trudeau has committed blunders in trying to earn the 'Good PM' image...he became too nice instead of being Realistic about 'What type of immigrants are good for Canada. 

My vote is for him.....hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term.

Again you cannot be further away from truth.

ALL these countries that opened up for Immigration was because they had a population that was shrinking at an alarming rate.  Which means they did not have enough working population to keep the economy afloat.

 

Canada and Australia two countries who read into this quite early and opened it up.  Not because they like non-whites.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Again you cannot be further away from truth.

ALL these countries that opened up for Immigration was because they had a population that was shrinking at an alarming rate.  Which means they did not have enough working population to keep the economy afloat.

 

Canada and Australia two countries who read into this quite early and opened it up.  Not because they like non-whites.

 

This is why I have immense respect for Pierre Trudeau. My uncle ( Mom's brother who immigrated to Canada in the 70s ) mentioned to me that Pierre Trudeau could have only focused on bringing white Europeans only if he wanted to as immigrants as per the demand for work force, but he gave Asians also the equal opportunity. 

 

Multiculturalism[edit]

On October 8, 1971, Pierre Trudeau introduced the Multiculturalism Policy in the House of Commons. It was the first of its kind in the world,[114] and was then emulated in several provinces, such as Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and other countries most notably Australia, which has had a similar history and immigration pattern. Beyond the specifics of the policy itself, this action signalled an openness to the world and coincided with a more open immigration policy that had been brought in by Trudeau's predecessor Lester B. Pearson.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Trudeau

Edited by Under_Score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vilander said:

Thats the thing dosent the other guy Scheer then get a chance at least he is clear on Immigration.

There are many Sikhs here in Canada who will be voting for Scheer, it's their personal choice.....I will never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...