2019 Canadian federal election

SecondSlip

18 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I dunno if RaGa is a good example. Trudeau gets a lot of flak for basically being a sleazy salesman image who tries to please everyone and by trying to position himself as the ultimate in virtue signalling. He is one of those guys who sounds extremely convincing and genuine when he is smooth talking you and making promises, but sounds extremely fake when he is outraged or angry. Like that kid in school u never quite believed was angry because his body language said he was putting on a show.

Oh I don't know if he is actually Rahul Gandhi. From what little I have seen from him, he seems to genuinely think what he says, even if he is wrong. Rahul is a cartoon who will change his statement depending on what his handlers think is politically expedient. 

However, online he is treated just like Pappu from what I've seen. 

I know this is a fake quote, but it is funny that it encapsulates what many think of him

Image result for if you kill your enemies they win

Or this

Image result for justin trudeau meme

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

.he became too nice instead of being Realistic about 'What type of immigrants are good for Canada. 

My vote is for him.....hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term.

how do you know he will not welcome a million more food stamp gang who would come in drive uber and make 10 babies each ?

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I never said I know that he'll NEVER welcome unwanted people.....I said "hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term"

Thats the thing dosent the other guy Scheer then get a chance at least he is clear on Immigration.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, SecondSlip said:

One good thing about the Justin Trudeau government from an Indian POV is that he has made it much easier for Indian people to enter into Canada, especially students. 

Don't be under any illusion.  Canada is not USA.

All these students who enter Canada, will either end up taking a low paid job or end up as a taxi driver/store worker.

Only if you graduate from one of the top univs like Univ of Toronto or Calgary etc. do you stand a chance of securing a decent job.

And I do not think the Canadian students can apply for Permanent Residency either, unless they are sponsored by a company

11 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I don't hate any of these leaders, Justin Trudeau is a good person just like his father Pierre Trudeau who was Canada PM ( 1968 - 1984 ). Pierre Trudeau gave opportunity to non-white immigrants, he believed that Canada was for 'All races' not just 'Whites'. 

Justin Trudeau has committed blunders in trying to earn the 'Good PM' image...he became too nice instead of being Realistic about 'What type of immigrants are good for Canada. 

My vote is for him.....hopefully he wins & doesn't screw up if he wins a second term.

Again you cannot be further away from truth.

ALL these countries that opened up for Immigration was because they had a population that was shrinking at an alarming rate.  Which means they did not have enough working population to keep the economy afloat.

Canada and Australia two countries who read into this quite early and opened it up.  Not because they like non-whites.

ndp fell from 44 to 25 seats. Will there be an election for change of leader? Other smaller parties appeared to have gained.

Also the conservatives appear to be leading in the national vote. This suggests they fluffed their lines in the campaign.

I could be wrong. Please correct.

9 hours ago, Under_Score said:

If opposing a Murderer Politician from India who was one of the perpetrators of the 1984 Anti-Sikh Mass Genocide makes him look like a Khalistani sympathizer....So be it, Majority of Sikhs living here in Canada don't give a F*ck about dirty Indian politicians 

LOL! He gets his face blackened with election results (so to say it was Justin Trudeau who did it literally), he has the gall to lecture India. 104 to 25 ..NDP under his leadership. Anyway, extreme left is losing ground world over including canada. Glad that Trudeau has a minority government, losing out on popular vote.

Good analysis of the election results here.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/john-ivison-trudeau-manages-a-weakened-win-even-after-a-record-of-disappointment

Didn't liberals and NDP have seat sharing, was it a 3-way fight? NDP gets 15% vote: 

Bloc Quebecois gaining,  does that mean separatists are gaining ground?

5 hours ago, Under_Score said:

That depends on how soon the ICF designated women's laundry folder contacts RSS ( Canada )  and starts a aggressive campaign towards the leadership change.. best election results today.....enjoyed every bit of it...G'nite.

:hysterical::hysterical: 

Man, that other RSS thread is what you call mental disintegration. That guy is scarred for life it seems. What a pity. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

good better than a Khalistani sympathiser.

You mean Trudeau? He won minority gov't.  Liberals is far more leaning and advantageous for Sikh/Punjabis than any other party.  Prominent positions are held by Sikhs and Punjabis in the Liberal setup.  This whole Khalistan top was overblown unnecessarily to peg back the Liberals.  

Anyways, Cons had a softball election and blew it with Scheer at the helm.  NDP were never contenders in the first place. A good warning for Liberals and trudeau

22 minutes ago, vice said:

You mean Trudeau? He won minority gov't.  Liberals is far more leaning and advantageous for Sikh/Punjabis than any other party.  Prominent positions are held by Sikhs and Punjabis in the Liberal setup.  This whole Khalistan top was overblown unnecessarily to peg back the Liberals.  

Anyways, Cons had a softball election and blew it with Scheer at the helm.  NDP were never contenders in the first place. A good warning for Liberals and trudeau

No, Jagmeet (NDP), he was touted to be the next coalition candidate for PM, if Justin had lost more. Jagmeet was openly supporting Khalistani terrorists. Cons have to thanks Parti Québécois for cutting down Lib seats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/06/fringe-sikh-interests-have-outsize-influence-canada-why-is-no-one-pushing-back/

It is a testament to the political savvy of Canada’s small Sikh community that today nearly 5 percent of the Canadian parliament is Sikh, as are 12 percent of Trudeau’s cabinet ministers. Trudeau will even face down a Sikh opponent for the prime ministership in October — New Democratic Party leader Jagmeet Singh.

Edited by coffee_rules

22 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No, Jagmeet (NDP), he was touted to be the next coalition candidate for PM, if Justin had lost more. Jagmeet was openly supporting Khalistani terrorists. Cons have to thanks Parti Québécois for cutting down Lib seats.

You missed the point, Sikhs/Punjabis have a much larger base and influence in Liberal Party. I was referring to Trudeau's India fiasco which was overblown and the Cons tried to gain advantage of it.   NDP has been  irrelevant for ages despite garnering positive gains towards the end of the campaign.   If a dawdling Trudeau can still win, then the onus is on the rightwinger, Scheer, who dropped the ball.  The popular vote is also misleading as the Cons have traditionally been favourites in the Prairies, where again they won in dominant numbers, whereas the votes were spread in other regions.   GTA, the heart of Canada, overwhelming, voted for the Liberals.  This might have to do with Ford doing major cuts in Ontario.  To sum it up, this was a more regional divide in this election.  

conservatives did drop the ball. That much is true.

when you poll the most and still are far away from forming gov then you know you have messed up.

turdeau was there for the taking.

Re Sikhs. It could have been much better for them had it been liberals 130 NDP 50 or something like that. Its not a bad outcome, but its not a great outcome either. I think JT will lean towards the BQ for day to day support. What sikhs ideally needed was NDP to emerge as the only kingmaker in a liberal led government.

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

True, NDP was never in the hunt, also this election has also proved that majority of Sikhs are loyal in their support to Justin Trudeau :nice:

1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

Can't say am happy with trudeau but gotta say that we skipped a huge convervative bullet. 

It was  strategic voting by many as they were quite wary of the Cons and thus voted strategically i.e Liberals. Some of the Liberal policies do need revision but people were wary of a racist right wing Cons.

NDP did get about 15.9% of the popular vote, whereas BLOC got only 7.7% but the translation to actual seats was quite a difference.

Canada-votes-2019-no-branding.png

Edited by vice

49 minutes ago, vice said:

It was  strategic voting by many as they were quite wary of the Cons and thus voted strategically i.e Liberals. Some of the Liberal policies do need revision but people were wary of a racist right wing Cons.

NDP did get about 15.9% of the popular vote, whereas BLOC got only 7.7% but the translation to actual seats was quite a difference.

Canada-votes-2019-no-branding.png

Like Trudeau said during the debate, Maxime Bernier says openly what Andrew S. thinks privately behind closed door.

P.S you're right about the strategic part. That's what I did. Did not want to vote liberal, wanted to vote GP or NDP because their vision alligned with mine but had to vote strategically so that Con does not get power.

Edited by Zero_Unit