Can Rohit Haters Apologize

Khota

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

What are you smoking Kohli was dropped after 3 tests. Why should he have dropped himself after Australian series or last 12 innings.

No he wasnt go check .....he played the Home series against WI which was next series 

Dropping from a game is diff then getting dropped from squad ......nair has been dropped from squad 

Dhoni never dropped kohli from test squad 

Don't measure  every player same way. Nair was not a unfair drop.He was always living on borrowed time as India was trying to get Pandya into the mix.

How many times i have to repeat 

U can drop someone from XI for team combination understandable not from squad after he had that rare feat ....not understandable 

India tried pandya in XI how can Nair not fit in 15 

How can rohit come ahead of him despite no perfomance in 15 

I was and I am still against dropping of Pant.Pant and Saha offer pretty much the same as far wicket keeping goes. Pant was just fine in all overseas tours.He played two tests at home looked alright.Pant is far better batsman than Saha ever will be and he is young, you don't drop younger player for an older player with similar skills.

No Saha is a better keeper that cant be denied ....but dropping pant still makes no sense as pant as it can create insecurity in him. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, abc said:

What are you having/drinking/smoking?! 

If that is the case, then they also offer the same in batting. Saha's keeping is much better than Pant's, more so than Pant's batting is better than Saha's. It seems that is how the team management sees it, and I for one am glad for it - especially because it takes actual cricket knowledge and observation skills to judge wicketkeeping ability ... something not common among ICFers, as evidenced by the number of anti-Saha posts.

It is you who doing the smoking and drinking.

They don't offer same with battting.Pant has scored 6 100s in FC with 2 test 100s in England and Australia which no other Indian keeper has done in history. Saha is tailender in SENA countries where as Pant can legimately score 100s in any country.

Saha has 13 FC 100s in almost triple number of matches.Keeping wise Pant averages almost five dismissals/test which is more than Saha.

Saha was behind Dhoni even though he was better keeper than Dhoni for a reason. This is not a knock on Saha. Pant is the future and he has done nothing to be kicked out.

As a overall package it is no contest between Pant and Saha.

4 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

as if ICF members have been having some personnel grudge against him!! ... some body after playing 47 inns with such a mediocre record in SENA is inadequate for the team cause.... very simple. Keep in mind, the  likes of Karun nair was kicked off just after 7 or 8 inns.

That was injustice and I agree bur Rohit is a good batsman. There is a reason why he has hit so many sixes.

59 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

six hitting in flat batting paradises and  surviving new ball burst  in SENA conditions are  2 chalk and cheese apart  matters.

Can you name me openers who are smashing 100's in swinging conditions or on tough pitches these days?

The SA openers couldn't last few mins against spin bowlers with the new ball.

David Warner is a sitting duck outside Aus

Can you tell me openers from other countries who are even in the same ball park as Rohit in terms of accomplishments?

Edited by maniac

Great Performance by Rohit Sharma. Played the spinners beautifully. Great to watch.

India is aspiring to be the best side in the world. Players like Rohit Sharma is a must. You need batsmen with flair, provide a fear factor for the opposition. I am pretty sure the opposition would like prefer someone like Pujara opening the innings rather than Rohit Sharma in Indian conditions.

His aggressive innings may help India win the test match even though there have been/will be rain interruptions due to his fast scoring.

Also pitch is not that easy to bat, Rohit just made it look easy. 

I am not sure why people want workmanlike players like Pujara/Nair/Vihari/Rahane in the batting line up. 1 player like Pujara is enough in the batting line up/Max 2 players. Also Saha over Pant is very poor decision.

People keep going on about SENA tours, not every pitch you are going to counter is going to be green seamer, there are flat pitches in SENA countries also. Also the ball swinging is dependent on atmospheric conditions,

Also SENA countries going forward will think very hard before providing Green Pitches as India's fast bowlers are very good now. 

Next SENA tour is New Zealand, Rohit averages over 40 there, expecting him to do well there too.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh

Here are the openers around the world right now in tests

Denly, Burns,Warner,Harris,Elgar,Markram,K.Brathwaite, Campbell, Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Gunathilaka, Karunaratne,Latham, Jeet Raval,Tamim, Sarkar

Now tell me which names would you pick ahead of Rohit Sharma?

Only name that even comes close is Warner who is a HTB in his own right or maybe case made for Tamin (in tests) who plays for a minnow side in tests

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Denly, Burns,Warner,Harris,Elgar,Markram,K.Brathwaite, Campbell, Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Gunathilaka, Karunaratne,Latham, Jeet Raval,Tamim, Sarkar

Only name that even comes close is Warner who is a HTB in his own right or maybe case made for Tamin (in tests) who plays for a minnow side in tests

Any one who can 5 mins against swing. Rohit might play well in India. Once he goes to SA, Eng, NZ. He is a walking wicket. So you thrown in mediocre names and ask us to pick one ? Prithvi shaw is the future or may be Shubham Gill. Rohit chance has passed he didn’t and can’t change the way he plays.

6 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Any one who can 5 mins against swing. Rohit might play well in India. Once he goes to SA, Eng, NZ. He is a walking wicket. So you thrown in mediocre names and ask us to pick one ? Prithvi shaw is the future or may be Shubham Gill. Rohit chance has passed he didn’t and can’t change the way he plays.

I didn’t throw in random names. Those guys are the first choice openers for their teams right now.

Also yes Shaw was the first choice opener but guess what first he got injured and then he got banned for doping.

Rohit infact needs to be appreciated to come out of his comfort zone and take on the SA new ball bowlers despite all the ridicule he gets as a test batsman

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Can you name me openers who are smashing 100's in swinging conditions or on tough pitches these days?

The SA openers couldn't last few mins against spin bowlers with the new ball.

David Warner is a sitting duck outside Aus

Can you tell me openers from other countries who are even in the same ball park as Rohit in terms of accomplishments?

it is not about whether other teams posses calibre openers or not. It is about Indian team having calibre openers  to improve their  track record in SENA.

For that to achieve, Rohit is far off. Team needs better all condition  openers.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

A. Comparison are unfair to SENA countries operers as for them its a lil tough even opening in their home specially ENG N SA conditions which have been very bowler friendly in recent years .

B. As of now rohit hasnt opened overseas so his test remains to happen. But still he has no 100 oustide India. Rahul has 4, Vijay has 2-3 guess, even dhawan has a few . 

1. Elgar has a 100 in Aus, eng, Nz, SL, India,......so as of now he is better. 
  2. Warner also has a 100 in UAE , 2 in bang not his comfort zone either .....3 in SA never easy condition. 
  3. Brathwite won WI a game while batting in last innings agianst ENG.....top knock 
  4.  latham has a 100 in SL....outside his comfort zone 
  5. Tamim iqbal has 2-100s in england , 1 in NZ, 1 in WI
  6. Sowmya sarkar has a 100 in NZ, rest he hasnt played in england n Aus as of now 

So they all are ahead of rohit who doesnt even have a single 100 out of India not even in SL till now . Dont go by names check their perfomances...

Shaw will struggle against swing and seam.But he is an attacking batsman .Gill Looks Technically Good Let's See.Frankly Everybody struggles against swing.Opening has been ridiculously difficult in Sena countries even for home batsman.
23 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Not a hater, thus no apologies, but I didn't think he should have been in the test team.  So, my last few meals have been:

Image result for eating crow meme

Of course, it is expected that Rohit "lovers" will do the same when, after amassing records at home, he will be asked by the team mgmt to open abroad and ... 

Yeah, same here. I am happy he got his twin hundreds here, but I think he is a sitting duck in swinging/seaming conditions abroad. That being said, I think he prefers the opening spot in test cricket because he knows what he needs to do and he has all the time in the world. I hope he gets lucky to somehow fluke a 50 or a 100 abroad also and gets to keep his spot. If Jason Roy had made a couple of centuries in the just concluded Ashes, he would have been praised profusely and not trashed for making them at home. Ben Stokes is a national hero and a universal sports hero though his heroics in the world cup and the Ashes have come at home. So to give credit where it is due and not to devalue runs scored at home, we can applaud Rohit's efforts here which in both innings have created the right platform for his team.