DMK protests inclusion of Bhagavad Gita in Anna University as optional subject

Gollum

LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3

We don't need Bhagavad Gita even as an optional subject at Anna university, we want to nip it in the bud, says DMK on the introduction of the Bhagavad Gita chapters. Anna University, one of the top engineering and technical institutions in Chennai, run by the government is facing the heat and protests since chapters from Bhagavad Gita is to be offered for the UG Engineering students of the Anna University in the select campus. This will appear as an optional course along with Western philosophies. Furthermore, this will come under the topic of Humanitarian and Social studies including Management courses.

Anna University introduces philosophy

Anna University has introduced philosophy as an optional course for UG engineering students, which will be implemented from the next academic year. The course structure mentions that a few chapters from Bhagavad Gita also will be taught to students. As per the model curriculum from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Anna University has introduced it as an audit course in the 3rd Semester, carrying 3 credits. Apart from other chapters, the subject will also deal with Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, Chandogya Upanishad etc with chapters dealing with other western philosophies like Plato and Socrates. However, it is up to the students to choose this course in their third semester from the 12 titles given by AICTE.

DMK opposes decision 

DMK has opposed this decision of Anna university by calling this as the imposition of Sanskrit language into the education system and demands the university to take off the Bhagavad Gita from the philosophies subject itself. DMK calls it as an attempt of the BJP to saffronize the education system and blames the AIADMK government to being dormant on this matter. Almost 300 DMK students wing cadres protested on Tuesday against the introduction of the Bhagavad Gita chapter and warned a major protest if it's not removed from the syllabus. 

Anna University Vice-chancellor MK. Surappa has clarified that the students are free to select any of the audit courses and Bhagavat Gita is not compulsory to anyone. VC added that all required notifications will be made soon this happened due to miscommunication. However, there is a year pending for this syllabus to reflect in the academics and DMK has warned statewide protests if the university doesn't change the decision.

Opposing an elective? I remember my UG days when we had some weird 3 credit electives, mostly we chose something related to our field. Dozen odd students per batch would choose these humanities, philosophy type courses cos of interest or to reduce load from course related subjects....sometimes to improve their CGPA. If some bits of Upanishads or Gita are taught in philosophies course what's wrong? I won't mind if some useful stuff from foreign cultures is taught to complement the learning process. What's wrong with these DMK, DK guys? AIADMK, TTV, BJP are backing Anna Uni which is a relief.

Effect this is having on the youth in the state :facepalm:, AIADMK plz save TN and India :pray:...BJP walo tumse naa ho payega, kindly quit trying to weaken parties that can actually take the fight to the DMK mafia. 5+ years and almost zero investment towards countering DMK controlled vernacular media, zero pressure on the corrupt dynasty.....hadd hai yaar :facepalm:

Separate thread, if it is all right @coffee_rules @mishra?

Edited by Gollum

Apparently, this is not mainstream TN as per @Vilander. Moving the discussion here..

I hear rural TN is infested with these nexus of gangs of DMK with evangelicals coverting millions. In Tamil, Bible is called "Vedham". And Church is called "Vedham Kovil"!  Such is the level of misappropriation. All because of Dravidian politics separating tamils from Hinduism. 

Edited by coffee_rules

33 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Apparently, this is not mainstream TN as per @Vilander. Moving the discussion here..

I hear rural TN is infested with these nexus of gangs of DMK with evangelicals coverting millions. In Tamil, Bible is called "Vedham". And Church is called "Vedham Kovil"!  Such is the level of misappropriation. All because of Dravidian politics separating tamils from Hinduism. 

AIADMK ain't like DMK/DK.....right from MGR days to Jaya to now. They are the nice guys...DMK is a total nuisance dynasty party. 

3 parties sent construction material for the Ram temple in Ayodhya.....BJP, Shiv Sena and AIADMK. So it is possible to follow certain aspects of Dravidian politics and also be pro-dharmic esp Hinduism, find the right balance. 

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If some moron comes and tells me that i am not a hindu i will show him middle finger. Same from every hindu friend aquantance i can imagine there is no way these loonies are mainstream. Politics and religion need not be intermingled everywhere. Tn is castist even muslims have caste there.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3

Opposing an elective? I remember my UG days when we had some weird 3 credit electives, mostly we chose something related to our field. Dozen odd students per batch would choose these humanities, philosophy type courses cos of interest or to reduce load from course related subjects....sometimes to improve their CGPA. If some bits of Upanishads or Gita are taught in philosophies course what's wrong? I won't mind if some useful stuff from foreign cultures is taught to complement the learning process. What's wrong with these DMK, DK guys? AIADMK, TTV, BJP are backing Anna Uni which is a relief.

Effect this is having on the youth in the state :facepalm:, AIADMK plz save TN and India :pray:...BJP walo tumse naa ho payega, kindly quit trying to weaken parties that can actually take the fight to the DMK mafia. 5+ years and almost zero investment towards countering DMK controlled vernacular media, zero pressure on the corrupt dynasty.....hadd hai yaar :facepalm:

Separate thread, if it is all right @coffee_rules @mishra?

Urban naxals. What is the problem with an elective.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

If some moron comes and tells me that i am not a hindu i will show him middle finger. Same from every hindu friend aquantance i can imagine there is no way these loonies are mainstream. Politics and religion need not be intermingled everywhere. Tn is castist even muslims have caste there.

It is not personal. Look at demographic data and the narrative in media. If the number of Christians and Muslims are increasing, number of churches are increasing exponentially, these are warning signs. It might not be mainstream now, but, by the time you realize, it might be too late.

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

AIADMK ain't like DMK/DK.....right from MGR days to Jaya to now. They are the nice guys...DMK is a total nuisance dynasty party. 

3 parties sent construction material for the Ram temple in Ayodhya.....BJP, Shiv Sena and AIADMK. So it is possible to follow certain aspects of Dravidian politics and also be pro-dharmic esp Hinduism, find the right balance. 

Agree, there is nothing wrong in taking pride, but not that cost of the nation or anti-religion. Sterlite protests, Nuclear plant protests were all based on anti-Hindu pro-evangelical intrusion into DMK/Commie agenda.

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It is not personal. Look at demographic data and the narrative in media. If the number of Christians and Muslims are increasing, number of churches are increasing exponentially, these are warning signs. It might not be mainstream now, but, by the time you realize, it might be too late.

Chennai has an active RSS from a very early time there was even a bombing event in RSS in early 90s. If the chewts try something funny it will be a shot in arm for BJP, just what they need actually but BJP coming to power is nonviable till they dont drop their brahmin image, they need to get non brahmin tamil locals in visible positions. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, Gollum said:

They are the nice guys.

this is loaded statement.

ADMK is more corrupt at certain levels, at councilor levels ADMK does more work, DMK guys do better work at district , municipal level with quicker infra projects. Jaya was pro Hindu but populist, DMK was left in minority appeasement, but socially conservative with linguistic nationalism --> Stalin is an anti establishment guy he was beaten up during emergency he might harbor anti establishment sentiments.  only time will tell how this goes. 

Thalaiva has shown a lot of spine recently, whether it be supporting CAA or calling out DK's anti-Hindu bias...did that all with proof, actual facts. Funny to see DK/DMK and other usual suspects shifting from their stance about EVR. 

Veeramani's volte face :hysterical:

Hindus in trying to become liberal has screwed our contry since beginning of time and ll continue to do so till we get rid of this fake unity in diversity slogans. Liberals are  more dangerous than extremist coz they exploit the constitution, law and order and democracy time and again to dent the contry from inside. It's good to be an extremist than being a hypocrite, bloddy to do appeasement they can abuse their own mother for some petty glory, this is the harsh reality of our country. Let one muslim/Christian guy be at recieving end and see how liberals across the board including this forum would loose their sleep whereas at same time many Hindu's are dying due to religious violence which never even get reported.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Can't read Tamil but understand the language. Sickening hatred against Hindus. He has a few threads about similar attacks. 

crossed redline here :angry:

people here dont bother about ram or vishnu much .. but murugan and to some extent shiva are near and dear