Sign in to follow this  
Ankit_sharma03

Ravi Ashwin joint fastest to 350 Wkt with Murali

He needs to keep fit to last another 4 to 5 years. 

If he plays another 30 tests at home he will be touching 500 wickets. (150 more wickets)

I feel he needs to maybe say goodbye to the ipl after a few years and focus on county to truly cement his legacy as one of the best indian bowlers.

I do believe a county stint this year has done him well. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Murli enters in this list at 350 wickets and from now on, i don't think anyone would surpass Murli. 

It is remarkable that Murali took his next 450 wickets in just 67 tests.It is mindboggling what this guy did 67 5fers.He was unstoppable after his Doosra.

Would he have been allowed to bowl now.

Never in my life i imagined we would see bowlers averaging the mid 20s. Now we have Bumrah, Ashwin, Jadeja. Amazing.  I understand why Kapil couldn't do that. Because he was overbowled. But many have come and gone. Kumble had even more spin-friendly home conditions in the 90s.  Ashwin despite being one of the most overly exposed bowler (through IPL, ODI, Tests) still manages to bewilder batsmen.  He deserved more wickets in the match with the way he bowled.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

It is remarkable that Murali took his next 450 wickets in just 67 tests.It is mindboggling what this guy did 67 5fers.He was unstoppable after his Doosra.

Would he have been allowed to bowl now.

Doosra plus add all those wickets against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

3 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

It's incredible how chukmal proved to be so ineffective once doosra was taken away..

what is even more incredible how long he was allowed to chuck. after he was called out, chuckmal became cuck-mal.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Doosra is like steroids for the off spinners. Respect Swann, Ashwin, Lyon for keeping their art clean. 

I have always wondered about saqlain's doosra. at least in visual terms, it did not seem as chuck-y as ajmal or murali.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, Vk1 said:

Doosra plus add all those wickets against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Murali was unstoppable at home against Indians too, heck even in his last test match, he took 8 wickets and won the match against strongest Indian batting lineup.

I always thought but BCCI stood for him too.Bedi was right for which he was mocked by many as bitter person.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Was saqlain doosra clean as some say???.....i was quite young during his peak days so dnt remeber much of him bowling 

No. Clean doosra is only possible with a completely different grip, which you can see. Nobody uses this grip anymore but once Aussie bowler long ago ( WWII era) did: you basically hold the ball like a pen, with the ball between your thumb and index finger and if you rotate your fingers clockwise, it becomes an off spinner, counter clockwise and it’s a leg spinner. Problem is, you are using only one finger to spin the ball and it doesn’t have much revs on it. It used to work in the days of uncovered, unrolled pitches, where Barnes, Grimmett, OReilley etc succeeded but once we got to the era of rolled pitches, the ball simply does not turn enough with this grip.