Ganguly set to become-new-bcci-president

raki05

"Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s son Jay Shah will be the new secretary while Arun Dhumal will be the new treasurer. Dhumal is younger brother of MoS Finance and former BCCI president Anurag Thakur."

That's from the posted article. Working besides such heavyweights, how much autonomy will Ganguly have? One good thing about this is that he edged out Srinivasan backed Brijesh Patel. So hopefully, we won't see Dhoni again.

6 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

thats the good thing but Ganguly has been backing worthless guys as well.

I am more happy that i wouldn't see him any longer in commentry box. What a pakau commentrator so monotonic goes overboard on India praise even when we have already lost the battle. I remember against nz in wc sf  every time india loosing wkts after rohit and kohli he was like this partnership can cause problem for nz if they don't get these 2 outs... he went on and on till 7wkts were down. He was silent for few moments after that and then again when Jadega started on slaught this guy started hyping indian team untill we finally lost the match.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Shastri is just an easy punching bag. Heard Ganguly 

do commentary? He still thinks Dhoni is a 

powet hitter and sings his Bhajans. Sucks up to Kohli too. 

Everyone knows that dhoni sucks not only now but for 3 years or so but There are limitations to what one can speak in the comm box, hardly will you ever see even the likes of Ian Chappell or holding calling spade a spade wrt to msd during a live match, everything (criticism) comes out in articles or columns .

Now holding the bcci post he surely can do some arm twisting which he cant being a commentator or an expert , I am sure Shastri will get a smack on the back come next year 

Actually the biggest problem right now is kohli, the guy's completely deluded, he thinks the world cup performance was satisfying, the England thrashing 4-1 was also satisfying because we "competed" .

But the problem is ganguly wont/cant cross Kohli's line ,He is too bigger now to even criticise, forget about sacking or anything like that .

Kohli is becoming another dhoni !

4 hours ago, maniac said:

He was a good captain. Very good player and also backed youngsters who did well for us.

This is no different from Pakistanis thinking that Imran Khan who was a great cricket  captain will miraculously translate those accomplishments into becoming a great politician. 

Its chalk and cheese. All we might get is a confused guy who will be used as a puppet by guys who know how to play the power game.

also he is not new to this role, he has been handed a Admin job and not only has he sucked at it, he was busy taking other gigs as if he resolved all the issues in his primary role. 

He is there only for 10 months, why would he be a puppet. He can rather be used to take all tough decisions as he will be gone in 10 months. He has nothing to lose and no reason to suck up to anyone

47 minutes ago, New guy said:

I am 90% sure Khota is bhajji himself 

yea even i have same doubt

• They both wanted rayudu at 4 in WC
  • They both wanted Raina n DK as well at no.4 in WC at one point
  • He n bhajji himself rate him higher then ashwin n claims ashwin gets wkts only due rank turners
  • Both are pretty weak with their stats
  • Both rated jadeja LOI batting as some sought of greatness when it was a sham for 10 yr and when he finally played a damn good knock the chest thumping begin.....10 yrs of fraud forgotten 
  • Both of them wanted rohit, dhawan to open in test 
43 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Nahh.. must be his nephew. Bhajji can't write good English :giggle:

cud be alter ego aswell who loves the main ego 

Ganguly or not the key thing from this entire issue is that there appears to be a strong amit shah and bjp stamp on admin of bcci.

A strong message to the judicial lords..  

Truth is there are string runours of both ganguly n mas joining the bjp

I doubt there will be any changes as posters imagine.