Steve Smith (c)
Joe Root
Ben Stokes
Shakib Al Hasan
Tom Latham (wk)
Nathan Lyon
Cummins
Hazlewood/Archer

Can this line up beat India in India? I doubt but it would be interesting series for sure.

No Rabada cause of poor performance. Archer yet to play in india and hazlewood got fifer on his last tour. Smith captain cause he has won only test match india has lost in last 6 years.

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Team India

Rohit Sharma

Mayank Agarwal

Cheteshwar Pujara

Virat Kohli

Ajinkya Rahane

Hanuma Vihari

Wriddhiman Saha

Ravindra Jadeja

Ravi Ashwin

Mohd Shami

Jasprit Bumrah

vs World XI

Dimuth Karunaratne
Azhar ali
Kane Williamson
Steve Smith (c)
Joe Root
Ben Stokes
Shakib Al Hasan
Tom Latham (wk)
Nathan Lyon
Cummins
Hazlewood/Archer

Can this line up beat India in India? I doubt but it would be interesting series for sure.

No Rabada cause of poor performance. Archer yet to play in india and hazlewood got fifer on his last tour. Smith captain cause he has won only test match india has lost in last 6 years.

unless it's a true ATG team like Aus or WI in 00s and 80s respectively, world XI will win in theory. however, team of int'l superstars does not have team bonding. in your team, you need to replace ali with latham the opener and latham the keeper with watling.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

unless it's a true ATG team like Aus or WI in 00s and 80s respectively, world XI will win in theory. however, team of int'l superstars does not have team bonding. in your team, you need to replace ali with latham the opener and latham the keeper with watling.

India at home is as good as Aus or Wi would have been at home during their peak. It's not going to be that easy for world xi to beat this indian side but surely will be great contest to watch for viewers. I am bored of watching one sided contest and would love see something different. I know team bonding won't be there but still that's only team which could challenge india in india.

For teams to win in India, you need 3 key ingredients -

1. Dogged opener - preferably left handed and who is good at playing spin - Hayden, Smith, Cook immediately come to mind.

2. Decent off spinner and a left armer - Swann, Lyon, Shaun Udal, O’Keefe, Panesar 

3. One fast bowler who can reverse swing at pace - Steyn, Cummins, Anderson, Flintoff

Of course, the key unmentioned ingredient is to win toss and mavericks like KP, Steve Smith always help. What I notice is that most teams don’t really fight for a long time. But if you’re willing to grind it for a session or two, Indian teams make mistakes.

Latham

Karunaratne

Smith

Williamson

Nichols?

Kushal Pereira?

Quinton

Hazelwood

Lyon

Cummins

Boult

The bowling attack is perfect. Accuracy, left arm swing , enforcer, quality off spinner. The batting is as dynamic as it gets as well. Nichols and perera have played brilliantly in the UAE and SA respectively. QDK is better when he has the license to lash the bowling with a strong top order ahead of him. Openers who can probably handle Indian conditions pretty well room . Smith and Kane - no need for explanation. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We shud pick ATG India XI vs World XI in Indian condition since its just for fun

Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Kohli, MSD, Kapil, Ashwin, Kumble, Zaheer, Bedi

Cook, Hayden, Amla, Richards, Lloyd, Sobers, A Flower, Walsh, Roberts, Lyon, Underwood

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=runs;team=1;team=140;team=2;team=25;team=29;team=3;team=4;team=40;team=5;team=7;team=8;team=9;template=results;type=batting

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=wickets;team=1;team=2;team=25;team=3;team=4;team=5;team=7;team=8;team=9;template=results;type=bowling

:phehe:

Smith, Stokes, Lyon, Archer and Cummins alone can do it. Our team is not like the Aus WI teams of the past. We are very much beatable. Aus almost beat us in 2017 with that left arm spinner whose name I couldnt even recollect. Smith was top scorer and Cummins and Lyon were among the wickets that series

18 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Smith, Stokes, Lyon, Archer and Cummins alone can do it. Our team is not like the Aus WI teams of the past. We are very much beatable. Aus almost beat us in 2017 with that left arm spinner whose name I couldnt even recollect. Smith was top scorer and Cummins and Lyon were among the wickets that series

They were no where close to beating us in that series. They just one single test as we dropped half a dozen catches of Smith in that innings.

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

They were no where close to beating us in that series. They just one single test as we dropped half a dozen catches of Smith in that innings.

Actually it wasn't even that, if KL didn't play that stupid shot off SoK we might well have taken a first innings lead & then who knows :facepalm:

That one test wonder got a lot of fame for that one test & then rightly got bulldozed in the next 3.

mine would be 

Latham 

Karunaratne 

Williamson(captain)

Smith 

Shakib 

Stokes 

Mushfiqur (wk) 

Cummins 

Rashid 

Starc 

Lyon 

Rashid and starc can clean up tail plus cummins ,Rashid can bat gives you ample option, plus all 3 pace option can reverse swing, starc and cummins can bowl quick, Stokes can bowl lively pace 

All 3 spin option are different.