PCB is more progressive than BCCI

Khota

A good move but it was also due to reasons

• Sarfraz lack of runs, with kohli thats hardly an issue
  • Loosing to SL at home and being inconsistent all over. We are a damn consistent side and pretty much wins 80% of games so when 20% losses happen which may as well be important they get the benefit of winning 80% games. 

As of now kohli will atleast remain the captain till next t20 wc , if he looses that which im quite sure we will and rohit wins another IPL thats when it will be pressure on kohli. As of now what best can happen is Ganguly appoints a strong guy like kumble or gambhir as team director on these ppl head 

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

pcb did this because they have Chockaa Chockaa , if they had Kohli they would made him their Prime Minister. 

Of all the cricket nations, Pakistan is the one that is perpetually infatuated with the "great leader" syndrome - forever looking for the next Imran Khan to take them to glory.   If PCB was "progressive" they would have never made a limited player like Sarfraz captain in the first place.  For the last few years now, Sarfraz has been a drag on his own team from an individual player perspective, but the copy-cat PCB attempted to fashion a Dhoni out of 'choka-choka' and the CT win against "Endia" cemented him for 2 years longer than he otherwise would have had.  

Just because Kohli's captaincy flaws are obvious and irksome, doesn't magically make PCB's decisions any good.  

A move out of desperation by PCB, losing to SL's 4th string side at home must have been painful.  

However we should have 3 captains in the 3 formats, logical way to go about things in the packed calendar we see these days. One of the rare occasions I agree with Khota. 

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Congratulations to Pakistan for their board taking a bold decision to split captaincy for Tests and shorter formats. BCCI is harming Indian cricket by making Kohli the arrogant as captain of all three formats. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27870285/sarfaraz-ahmed-sacked-pakistan-test-t20i-captain

Out of curiosity how is Kohli harming Indian cricket. He took over odi captaincy in 2017 and only led Indian in two ICC cups and has skipped all other minor tournaments.

What is this facination of hating Kohli? any particular reason?

45 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Out of curiosity how is Kohli harming Indian cricket. He took over odi captaincy in 2017 and only led Indian in two ICC cups and has skipped all other minor tournaments.

Not hating - he ain’t a good captain

anger issues- see two or three demerit points 

strategy - quite poor . He was responsible for number 4-5 issue in wc - likes old players for unclear reasons ( daddy dhoni syndrome ) 

no long term plan inspite of having a fearsome attack he can’t develop other odi powerhitters and stable middle order 

as a batter he is v good and no comparison but as a captain he is the worst I have seen in odi , avg in tests . 

most disappointing trait is not able to learn from mistakes - 

26 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Not hating - he ain’t a good captain

anger issues- see two or three demerit points 

strategy - quite poor . He was responsible for number 4-5 issue in wc - likes old players for unclear reasons ( daddy dhoni syndrome ) 

no long term plan inspite of having a fearsome attack he can’t develop other odi powerhitters and stable middle order 

as a batter he is v good and no comparison but as a captain he is the worst I have seen in odi , avg in tests . 

most disappointing trait is not able to learn from mistakes - 

He made the attack fearsome, so stop claiming as if attack was fearsome before him.He is the captain who is responsible for this attack.

How can you have long term planning  when you are captain of the odi side since last two years.Even then he kicked out two of his main spinners and brought in Kulcha after CT 2017 debacle.It is not his fault that his batsmen cannot bowl and bowlers cannot bat.He had to bring in Jadeja to get some balance.

No4 , what were his options since 2017.

He had long term planning in tests so invested heavily in Pandya and Rahul but they did not click.They gave Shaw his debut , it is not his fault Shaw got injured and then got suspended.Mayank made his debut under him.He is captain not a miracle worker.

He has highest winning percentage in odis and tests, the only thing is he has not won in two ICC cups. I don't understand  what is it you guys expect him to do.He leads from the front and has made this team the fittest it has ever been, what else do you want from any captain.

The only blemish I can find is axing Pant but other than that I don't see anything wrong with his captaincy.He is making this team compete in every match.

Show me one captain who had great strategy all the time , I will show a matches where they looked lost.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, putrevus said:

There is no hate. Underperforming is the issue here.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

He made the attack fearsome, so stop claiming as if attack was fearsome before him.He is the captain who is responsible for this attack.

How can you have long term planning  when you are captain of the odi side since last two years.Even then he kicked out two of his main spinners and brought in Kulcha after CT 2017 debacle.It is not his fault that his batsmen cannot bowl and bowlers cannot bat.He had to bring in Jadeja to get some balance.

No4 , what were his options since 2017.

He had long term planning in tests so invested heavily in Pandya and Rahul but they did not click.They gave Shaw his debut , it is not his fault Shaw got injured and then got suspended.Mayank made his debut under him.He is captain not a miracle worker.

He has highest winning percentage in odis and tests, the only thing is he has not won in two ICC cups. I don't understand  what is it you guys expect him to do.He leads from the front and has made this team the fittest it has ever been, what else do you want from any captain.

The only blemish I can find is axing Pant but other than that I don't see anything wrong with his captaincy.He is making this team compete in every match.

Show me one captain who had great strategy all the time , I will show a matches where they looked lost.

Did he handpick Shami,Umesh,Bhuvi,Bumrah or even Pandya?

For the matter of fact neither did Dhoni. However they all debuted under him

It just so happened there was a huge cultural shift in how pace bowlers were coming up through the ranks and thanks to IPL in a lot of ways for giving these guys a platform and exposure. Selectors were picking them and a lot of credit to guys like Sekhar and even Arun who is probably the best of the coaching lot we have.

Kohli is just at the right place at the right time. tell me this, why did he play 2 spinners in the CT final when Pak plays spin well and we had the most fearsome fast bowling attack in the tournament?

Why did he drop Shami for Bhuvi or drop Bhuvi on green tracks?

Sometimes there is no pattern to his selections which shows he is clueless.

The guys who deserve praise for this cultural shift in India producing fast bowlers are MRF Academy, Dennis Lillee,TA Sekhar, Saurav Ganguly,Rahul Dravid,John Wright,Greg Chappell, IPL,Bharat Arun and dare I say Duncan Fletcher who has backed express fast bowlers right since his England stint.

Despite the atrocious records we saw Yadav,Aaron,Shami come through the ranks in his tenure and willing to bowl fast and hell even Ishant had a resurgence where he found his pace back.

Edited by maniac
28 minutes ago, maniac said:

The guys who deserve praise for this cultural shift in India producing fast bowlers are MRF Academy, Dennis Lillee,TA Sekhar, Saurav Ganguly,Rahul Dravid,John Wright,Greg Chappell, IPL,Bharat Arun and dare I say Duncan Fletcher who has backed express fast bowlers right since his England stint

++

Well reason I am calling PCB progressive is they could have given everything to Babar but they did not. That is progressive.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

pcb did this because they have Chockaa Chockaa , if they had Kohli they would made him their Prime Minister. 

One thing I have observed, the Pak team got to play 5 ODIs before the wc in England. Now they are playing a T20 series in Aus later this year with the WT20 being in Aus.

Its a different debate that it may not benefit them and they will still suck but seriously, how are they getting such good FTP’s ?

44 minutes ago, maniac said:

One thing I have observed, the Pak team got to play 5 ODIs before the wc in England. Now they are playing a T20 series in Aus later this year with the WT20 being in Aus.

Its a different debate that it may not benefit them and they will still suck but seriously, how are they getting such good FTP’s ?

Must be the new administration, the new Khan guy.