How does Rohit compare to Sehwag as a boundary hitter ?

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

sehwag starts hitting from ball one. ro hits after settling in and goes crazy after a while. sehwag is poor mans tendulkar. ro is poor mans lara

Thats non-sense. When we were struggling for openers for years in the 90's, why did the " great " Tendulkar who opens in ODIS, not offer to open in Tests ? Sehwag is NO Poor Man's Tendulkar. Sehwag is SEHWAG.  We owe half our wins in tests in the 2000s and 2010s to him.

30 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thats non-sense. When we were struggling for openers for years in the 90's, why did the " great " Tendulkar who opens in ODIS, not offer to open in Tests ? Sehwag is NO Poor Man's Tendulkar. Sehwag is SEHWAG.  We owe half our wins in tests in the 2000s and 2010s to him.

I was just giving a comparison vis-a-vis rohit and sehwag. Poor man in this case refers to their career stats. Doesn't make Sehwag any lesser in contribution. no need to take it literally. On the topic of Sachin not opening in tests but opening in ODIs, I have the same question. Also in ODIs he doesn't take first strike. I don't know why that is :phehe: Maybe some of our fake sachintards who didn't even wish him on his birthday can answer your question and also mine.

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I was just giving a comparison vis-a-vis rohit and sehwag. Poor man in this case refers to their career stats. Doesn't make Sehwag any lesser in contribution. no need to take it literally. On the topic of Sachin not opening in tests but opening in ODIs, I have the same question. Also in ODIs he doesn't take first strike. I don't know why that is :phehe: Maybe some of our fake sachintards who didn't even wish him on his birthday can answer your question and also mine.

Its called mumbai school of batting. Safest spot for batter is at non striker even if Sunny was the best bats of the team and team was in dolldrums. Sachin was less selfish but still liked his 100s.

To be honest Sehwag can go from ball 1. Never seen a player not needing a sighter opening the batting in tests. by that I don't meen Afridi type of swipes but judging the length and line of the ball the moment he took strike.

However with Sehwag he would get beautiful 30's or even 50's and then play some reckless over the top shot. He looks like he can get out any time

With Rohit it is the opposite, he gets a platform and then after that his hitting almost seems unstoppable

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

He took first strike in the game vs Pak in 2003. When it really mattered the man or should I say in this case god turns up :)

12 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Because it’s tactically stupid to ever make your best middle order batsman open in Tests. Period. No side has ever done this and even when middle order batsmen opened, they were not the best in their team for that time. I agree though that Sehwag is Sehwag and that getting him to open in Tests is no joke. Sharma is a joke of a test player and opener overseas and while Sehwags stats in England Australia etc suffered in the last 2-3 years of his career, Sehwag still did pretty well overseas for the average opener overseas for most of his career. 

13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Because it’s tactically stupid to ever make your best middle order batsman open in Tests. Period. No side has ever done this and even when middle order batsmen opened, they were not the best in their team for that time. I agree though that Sehwag is Sehwag and that getting him to open in Tests is no joke. Sharma is a joke of a test player and opener overseas and while Sehwags stats in England Australia etc suffered in the last 2-3 years of his career, Sehwag still did pretty well overseas for the average opener overseas for most of his career. 

A great batsman is supposed to be a great batsman. Period. Tendulkar opened in the ODIS most of his career, where he found it easier to take advantage of field restrictions rather than reluctantly bat at NO.4, where he was not best in the middle overs. Sunny G has opened the batting all his life in tests. How come the personification of a so called perfect batting technique, Tendulkar never opened in tests. Is all this noise about his technique and balance and blah bi blah.. just bull ?  

12 hours ago, maniac said:

He took first strike in the game vs Pak in 2003. When it really mattered the man or should I say in this case god turns up :)

Maybe Sehwag went to the non-striker end and Sachin was left to take first strike :giggle: He is "superstitious" about being no.2. I was never comfortable watching India's innings where Sachin was opening for the first two overs. Not the case with Rohit and Dhawan.