Pick the Indian Lineup v NZ in NZ.

SRT100

Given the pace and bounce of NZ wickets, India will be in a tricky situation to get the right combination.

4 pace bowlers is a lock. Jadeja gives the lineup variation and is a decent bat.

Pant gets his chance here, good in SENA conditions and the bowling is mostly pace too.

Here is my thoughts.

Hitman

Mayank

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ishant

Shami

Yadav

Bumrah

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Given the pace and bounce of NZ wickets, India will be in a tricky situation to get the right combination.

4 pace bowlers is a lock. Jadeja gives the lineup variation and is a decent bat.

Pant gets his chance here, good in SENA conditions and the bowling is mostly pace too.

Here is my thoughts.

Hitman

Mayank

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ishant

Shami

Yadav

Bumrah

no yadav, how many time will we do same mistake 

umesh has always been terrific in India but struggles when he gets kookabura n duke in his hand

Ishant is good oustide india but his line n length isnt that effecticve in India

In India umesh shud be a pref 

Outside india Bhuvi n ishant shud be ahead 

They will provide greentops meaning we have to go in with the 2018 Jo'berg mindset...4 quicks+Pandya. Pant to keep wickets (sorry Saha :((), BK will have to play for his new ball skills and batting. Let Jaddu be in the squad as substitute fielder, but no spinner needs to be played in the XI. Vihari to open like in Aus (horses for courses) and he can bowl a few overs of spin to manage over rate and give rest to quicks. Don't need dashers like Hitman (Boult :laugh:), Shaw on green mambas...aim for openers should be to see off new ball spell. Vihari's 15 (70) will be more valuable than dasher's 30 (40)...besides Vihari's main problem is hostile short stuff...won't see that over there, line/length of attack will be like the WC SF :nervous:

Mayank

Vihari

Che

Kohli

Rahane

Pant 

Pandya

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

Any other combo and we will lose, guarantee. 

Edited by Gollum

Unlike SEA, in N toss won't have that big a role cos pitch generally flattens out as the match progresses. If we bat 1st Boult and co get 1st use of conditions but 3rd innings will be easy and less pressure, if we bat 2nd our 4th innings demons will come back to haunt but not to the same extent because of nature of pitch. NZ is one place where we can win irrespective of toss, just have to outplay them.  Remember the last series there, we could have won both tests despite batting second...toss not a factor IMO. 

Edited by Gollum
14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

They will provide greentops meaning we have to go in with the 2018 Jo'berg mindset...4 quicks+Pandya. Pant to keep wickets (sorry Saha :((), BK will have to play for his new ball skills and batting. Let Jaddu be in the squad as substitute fielder, but no spinner needs to be played in the XI. Vihari to open like in Aus (horses for courses) and he can bowl a few overs of spin to manage over rate and give rest to quicks. Don't need dashers like Hitman (Boult :laugh:), Shaw on green mambas...aim for openers should be to see off new ball spell. Vihari's 15 (70) will be more valuable than dasher's 30 (40)...besides Vihari's main problem is hostile short stuff...won't see that over there, line/length of attack will be like the WC SF :nervous:

Mayank

Vihari

Che

Kohli

Rahane

Pant 

Pandya

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

Any other combo and we will lose, guarantee. 

So Rohit will inflate his stats on flat wickets and we will make some one like Vihari a scapegoat , who will most likely be dropped after that series ? 

37 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Here is my thoughts.

Hitman

Mayank

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ishant

Shami

Yadav

Bumrah

Dont think Bumrah will be fit by then

20 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

So Rohit will inflate his stats on flat wickets and we will make some one like Vihari a scapegoat , who will most likely be dropped after that series ? 

Yeah, sounds right. But I am always in favor of Vihari playing at #6 in India, pity TM doesn't feel that way. 

1. If greentop, play 6 bat (mayank, rohit, che, kohli, rahane, vihari) + 1 WK (pant) + 4 quicks (bumrah, shami, ishant, bhuvi)

2. If normal, 5-day pitch, get 1 wristspinner (kuldeep), drop a quick (bhuvi)

3. Pandya is neither here nor there at the moment-needs to play couple of FC seasons , including some county,  to firm up both batting & bowling. If he plays, it has to be as a no. 6 batting all rounder who is also ur 4th pacer.

4. What kohli will likely do - play 3 pacer + jaddu, saha. But jaddu (or any finger-spinner) will struggle when wicket goes flat and the tail gets stuck in,as they inevitably will atleast 2-3 times. Also, we will miss paint's batting when we are reduced to 50-4, as we inevitably will 1-2 times.

5. In 2 test series, there is NO time to respond and make changes, so selections have to be spot on, and that is clearly Kohli's weakest suit.

6. This is the reason why was against dropping pant and vihari (for 5 bowler strategy,) if you are gonna play 4 bowlers, go with the same at home too. How will vihari become your no. 6 who can bowl 10 overs tight offspin unless he does it consistently?

Flattish deck ....

1. Rohit

2. Mayank

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane / Vihari

6. Jadeja

7. Pant.  (  at 7 for depth  )

8. Ishant

9. Shami

10. Saini

11. Bumrah

12. Gill

13. Vihari / Rahane

14. Saha

15. Kuldeep

16. Umesh

Green mamba ....

1. Rohit

2. Mayank

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane 

6. Vihari

7. Pant.  

8. Jadeja / Kuldeep

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Hitman

Rathore

Sujith Somasunder

Kohli (kaptaan)

S Sriram (I'm also a spinner mate. I helped the aussie team win a test in India mate)

jadeja (ajay not sir)

msk prasad

venkatesh prasad

abey kuruvilla

david johnson

bharat arun

Good team..but where is the all rounder..i will go for Noel David as the allrounder cum spinner....he can also field well..also as a back up i need dodda ganesh and thiru kumaran..the reserve batsman should be Jacob Martin and reserve wicketkeeper vijay dahiya..

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Hitman

Rathore

Sujith Somasunder

Kohli (kaptaan)

S Sriram (I'm also a spinner mate. I helped the aussie team win a test in India mate)

jadeja (ajay not sir)

msk prasad

venkatesh prasad

abey kuruvilla

david johnson

bharat arun

(if trent knocks one on helmet, send bewda as replacement batsmen)

10 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Good team..but where is the all rounder..i will go for Noel David as the allrounder cum spinner....he can also field well..also as a back up i need dodda ganesh and thiru kumaran..the reserve batsman should be Jacob Martin and reserve wicketkeeper vijay dahiya..

BC kya din yaad dila diye, but this lineup is incomplete without Dodda Ganesh and Vijay Bharadwaj 

Edited by SK_IH