Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

Just now, express bowling said:

Bumrah and Shami really troubled the Aussies with pace and bounce this time around.

And look at how Shami and Umesh troubled the SA batters with pace and bounce on Indian tracks.

But, more importantly, I think Misbah is trying to develop good fast bowlers for the future and giving these guys experience of SENA tours.

Bumrah was our best pacer on our last Aussie tour with just 6 tests under his belt at that time 

True.

Yeah Bumrah is the exception. I am talking about general trend. In recent tour you can’t forget Ishant he was as good as Bumrah and Shami. In fact he was better than Shami most times in Australia.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Do they have options as

Amir n Wahab has retired

Hassan ali CH*** gaya hai 

dnt knw what happ to junaid

where is that lambu who claimed to ended gambhir career ?

Selected for T20s. Don’t think he can last a odi leave alone test cricket 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah Bumrah is the exception. I am talking about general trend. In recent tour you can’t forget Ishant he was as good as Bumrah and Shami. In fact he was better than Shami most times in Australia.

And Ishant got a lot of bounce on that tour.

Remember the nasty bouncer that dismissed Travis Head ?

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Will Md.Irfan end Dhawan's T20 career now ?  :phehe:

That won’t be a bad thing considering Dhawan’s performance in T20’s :)

Also Pakistanis have ended Gambhir’s career when he was over the hill, Ajay Ratta’s career that resulted in a good set of keeper bats like Dk,Dhoni etc.

On the other hand Indian bowlers gave lifeline to Pakistani greats like Shoaib Malik,Salman Butt,Kamran Akmal and Afridi who “served” them well :)

This is called having big hearts 

47 minutes ago, First class said:

Musa is too short to be successful at international level. Naseem Shah, not tall too but his action, runup, delivery and fitness everything is made for a genuine fast bower ( in future ) but being very young can injure himself and ruins his career , there is a risk. 

Musa in the u19 WC reminded me of Umesh Yadav.  From 5 years ago - his spray and pray days.  Also, I think he's another guy who forged his age - the guy showed up for each u19 game after what seemed like a marathon shaving session with a 7 blade razor.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

do Pakistanis play with dukes or kookaburra in domestics? Makes a huge difference.

They used to play with locally made shhaiiyte quality "grays" balls.  Got ripped apart after a handful of overs and gave sub-20 bowling averages to a whole bunch of medium pace trundlers.  They just switched to kookaburra recently this year AFAIK.

Just now, First class said:

Pakistan doesn't have class of bowlers like Burma and Shami, not even close, and they are sick and tired of losing with "experienced" ones like useless Rahat and Wahab, so not a bad idea to throw in young ones and hope they will able to draw some games in future. 

You don’t need good  bowlers to draw games. You need good batsmen

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

The only bowler to watch out for is Shaheen Afridi. Genuine talent.

I like that kid, but I think he's going to drop in pace.  Just a gut feeling, but Shaheen makes me think of Irfan Pathan in terms of career trajectory - u19 star, rising quickly to the national team, early success, then a fade away coupled with injuries and loss of pace.

Edited by sandeep
Just now, maniac said:

You don’t need good  bowlers to draw games. You need good batsmen

Especially in Aus.  All that Aus need to do is change nothing about their drop-in roads.  Apart from the day/night test, where the conditions will help pacers for a session here and there, the rest of the time, Warner and co will make merry with limited lateral movement.  While the Pakistani batsmen will be unable to match the run production. 

Just now, sandeep said:

I like that kid, but I think he's going to drop in pace.  Just a gut feeling, but Shaheen makes me think of Irfan Pathan in terms of career trajectory.

That’s because Pakistan criteria seems to be picking bowlers on T20. I don’t think he has played too many long format games.

I liked what I saw of him in SA and the WC.

In fact was impressed with him in u-19 Wc but sad part is Mavi and Nagarkotti looked leagues ahead of him in the u-19 wc but they are not even close to being in the picture.

@sandeep the Irfan Pathan comparison makes sense based on the recent trend with Pakistani bowlers.

They are now facing what we used to in the 2000s with guys like Sreeshanth,RP,Munaf bursting on the scene with a bang and then fading away.

Guys like Hassan Ali,Junaid Khan all had dream starts and then faded away. 

Back in the day one thing I admired was their fast bowling culture because they had skills to pick up wickets and were usually selfless the way they used to teach the newcomers the tricks of the trade be it ethical or unethical.

I will not deny a guy like Waqar’s acumen when it comes to bowling though. The problem is going to be The sustainability of these bowlers once they achieve something big.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

That’s because Pakistan criteria seems to be picking bowlers on T20. I don’t think he has played too many long format games.

I liked what I saw of him in SA and the WC.

In fact was impressed with him in u-19 Wc but sad part is Mavi and Nagarkotti looked leagues ahead of him in the u-19 wc but they are not even close to being in the picture.

Both Mavi and Nagarkotti were more polished bowlers, with significant coaching altering their actions and run-ups.  I personally don't have high expectations of either.  I think they only have a shot at decent int'l careers if they come through as multi-skill prospects.