Can we try Surya kumar yadav before T20WC ?

We have a lot of options for Top order but the story isnt same when its about lower middle order player who can strike from ball -1 and can convert a good start into great total. Whats the point of picking manish pandey 

Top order options- Dhawan, rohit, kohli, Rahul, shaw, mayank, gill, samson .....even pant n kishen can bat up 

Lower middle order-

1. Hardik - only fixed
  2. Pant- another fixed one, but he is also under pressure. Havent settled in LOI till now 
  3. Krunal- Batting against pace is weak 
  4. Shivam dube- will find out about him soon
  5. DK- Someone apart from hardik who can come n bat a very good s/r but lacks another skills like fielding n bowling. Also its time we move on from him. Coz he can only do one role when u have to score less amount of runs n small time. 
  6. Kishen- In same boat as pant, pant is a far better keeper

So why not have SKY in the MIx for SL n WI t20 series . Hardik neways is out for a while 

Strengths of SKY

• plays unconventional shots
  • Looks to have a 360 deg games
  • can destroy spin
  • Can score from ball 1
  • Done well in IPL all over the batting order so he can be a good grafter
  • Has experience- always good in lower order

Other areas

• Bowling - i think he is banned from bowling but not sure
  • Fielding- Not sure , i dnt think he is a bad fielder certainly not as bad as DK is now 

Just now, putrevus said:

The quality of bowling was atrocious.It is not his fault but god I have never seen such useless bowling.

agreed but he has done well against good bowlers in IPL to ( not an exact sign but some signs )

Doubt wud always be there for guys like dube n SKY unless we try them. I feel we need to try them at-least before WC t20 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

agreed but he has done well against good bowlers in IPL to ( not an exact sign but some signs )

Doubt wud always be there for guys like dube n SKY unless we try them. I feel we need to try them at-least before WC t20 

The bigger question should be where are guys like Mavi and other young fast bowlers.Why are they playing these useless kauls and jaidevs.Ashwin also needs to give up why is he playing these matches.

I wouldn't put too much stock on these scores.They should have scored 500 plus against this bowling but both Mayank and Gill batted too slow.Indian batsmen in top three have to score faster, this culture needs to start from domestic cricket.

SKY is tall and plays 360 so should be in the mix.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

The bigger question should be where are guys like Mavi and other young fast bowlers.Why are they playing these useless kauls and jaidevs.Ashwin also needs to give up why is he playing these matches.

Ashwin bowled well in these 2 games

both games didnt go for a lot of runs whereas others where giving a lot of runs n releasing pressure from other end

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ashwin bowled well in these 2 games

both games didnt go for a lot of runs whereas others where giving a lot of runs n releasing pressure from other end

It doesn't matter Ashwin should know he is never playing for India in shorter formats.He is not good enough to play for India in shorter formats.

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It doesn't matter Ashwin should know he is never playing for India in shorter formats.He is not good enough to play for India in shorter formats.

nothing wrong in him playing....its not that he is like unadkat n dhawal not international standards

All good spinners in domstic are already playing this tournament. Need some international player to have more competitiveness. Cant play someone substandard who also will never play for india 

Problem is when guys like rush kalaria , dhawal n unadkat plays 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Looks to have a 360 deg games

SKY probably has one of the best flick shots if not the best, in world cricket.  But he overdoes the legside - fineleg to midon is his "V".  

He looks like ABDV against medium pace and spin, not so much against top shelf pace and bounce.  His time is behind him. He could, and maybe should have made it to the team 5-6 years ago.  But always had attitude problems and temperamental stuff as well.  

Let's not read too much into his slapping around of Kaul and Unadkat.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

SKY probably has one of the best flick shots if not the best, in world cricket.  But he overdoes the legside - fineleg to midon is his "V".  

He looks like ABDV against medium pace and spin, not so much against top shelf pace and bounce.  His time is behind him. He could, and maybe should have made it to the team 5-6 years ago.  But always had attitude problems and temperamental stuff as well.  

Exactly. He seems to overdo flick and sweep, and gets predictable.

Atrocious bowling performance, can't believe Kaul and Unadkat actually played for India  :doh:

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I am not bother about SKY non selection. I am shivering in fear of the selection of these  two legends.:afraid:

Edited by raki05
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

t20 men aur kya chahiye 

He is a mediocre hack. Just because it is T20 you can’t bring in any trash. You still need skills,power,some amount of technique and game awareness. The basic minimum are still going to be required.

He is not just good enough. I would rather play a Kedar Jadhav or a Rahane over him. Yes he is that average.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

He is a mediocre hack. Just because it is T20 you can’t bring in any trash. You still need skills,power,some amount of technique and game awareness. The basic minimum are still going to be required.

Without trying we cant say that .....

He has shown enough skill, power in IPL...

also what is wrong in his technique fine for LOI?? Now only thing that needs to be seen is can he play international bowlers 

He is not just good enough. I would rather play a Kedar Jadhav or a Rahane over him. Yes he is that average.

ull bat rahane at 5-7 ????

Jadhav hasnt done well in IPL only....whats the point of going him in t20s then . SKY has done well all over batting order for both KKR n MI 

M clearly saying let try him in lower middle order in t20 ....its diff role cant throw in touch player like rahane . We dont have a lot of options from 5-7 in t20 who can play power game so we need to try few 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

not reading in this beating , i did post a t20 pool of player few mnths ago including him . 

We need some options for power players from 5-7 slot.....we dont have many options 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How the heck this guy Unadkat go for so much money in IPL auction.Something very very fishy about it. No sane owner will invest that kind of money on this useless guy. He is an utter waste fellow.

coz he had one good season with PWI and next season his price went up. A season next to that there werent to many ppl in aucition so he got the benefit of lack of options

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not reading in this beating , i did post a t20 pool of player few mnths ago including him . 

We need some options for power players from 5-7 slot.....we dont have many options 

I posted about yadav being a lower middle order T20 option a few years ago, got laughed at here.  I understand where you're coming from, but Surya doesn't really bowl, and given the top heavy nature of the Indian lineup, the slots in the 5-7 range are only available for guys who are bowling options.