India cap is not cheap- players like Dube devalue it

maniac

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

If you are telling me there is no better bat than Dube in domestics that is a scary thought.

What are the qualities needed to be a good No.6 batsman in LOIs. ?

Would a Shubman Gill or a Abhmanyu Easwaran fit this role ?

To be a good No. 6 or No.7  LOI batter ... the batsman needs to be

--  A big hitter with  ability to hit pacers too

--  A batter who can start hitting / scoring without taking too much time to get set.

--  A high SR batter

-- For No.6 batter ... Preferably have the ability to bowl a few decent overs and be the 6th bowler.

--  For No.7 batter ... Can be the 5th bowler who can bowl 8 to 10 decent overs.

--  For No.6 batter ... Preferably have a good FC batting average .

Dube ticks all the boxes to be a No.6 LOI  batsman.

Gill or Easwaran do not tick most of the boxes to be good No.6 LOI batters ... although they are very promising top order batsmen.

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

As far as him rolling his arm over for 135+ for a couple of overs, that is no big deal.

Who would be easier to face, A Dinda bowling at 140 or Anderson bowling at 132-135 or even a Philander

Dube is not a 135 k+ bowler. He is a proper part timer trundler who often drops down to military medium pace.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Can you name the teams he performed against?

In WI against WI A

Against SA-A

Both had good attacks 

If there is no better player than Dube in the middle- lower middle order than sorry to say Indian cricket is heading for disaster 

these are ur best Lower order hitting options- hardik, dube, DK, SKY

u have better let me knw.....we cant sit n cry that we dnt have symonds or russell (who himself failed in WC) .....we have to do with what we have

U have issues with hardik

U dnt want SKY

U dnt like Dube

DK can only perform in one situation n has no other skill

So Whats ur plan shud we play Shaw , mayank n gill at 6 n 7

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, maniac said:

He was a very good test player. Has a 200 vs aussies and dare I say leagues ahead of players like Dube and Pandya. Speaking in the context of the eras they played. Was a selfish cricketer but he had some epic performances in domestics and even at international cricket.

He is not wearing white clothing in that clip. He is playing ODI cricket. That 200 came in a flat sydney pitch with some average bowling lineup that Aus had. Mcdermott was the only strike bowler they had back then and he is no Mcgrath. He received backing from Sunnyji and other mumbaikars in the team. You are on the throats of Dube even though this is the first time we have seen him in international colors. Give him a few innings and then judge.

too harsh....his game in last 1 year has been good - he has succeeded against in A games against likes of Nortje - a seriously quick bowler albeit on Indian tracks. Looking at our lack of power hitters in middle and lower middle order, his selection makes sense...and even by Kohli's (inconsistent) standards, everyone deserves at least 5 matches before u dump them and officially say -->  :yousuck: 

Dhawan is useless in T20s  but has been a star performer for india. He deserves is original shot at the Indian team.

Dube just walks in because he slogs a few and was measured bowling a few at 135ks with no skill.

Thats the difference.

Yes Dhawan needs to go as well.

In the last two seaons, Best all rounder in Ranji Trophy, Best all round performance for India A, Some unbelievable innings in VH trophy.

A proper six hitter, who is what we need in T20 side.

We seem to have already killed Rahul and Pant's attacking mindset, Kuldeep and Chahal have been blunted as well by this TM. Basically what we look for is Dhoni and Kohli type safety first T20 stars. That mindset has not won us a proper T20 WC, nor will it work in the future

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

What are the qualities needed to be a good No.6 batsman in LOIs. ?

Would a Shubman Gill or a Abhmanyu Easwaran fit this role ?

To be a good No. 6 or No.7  LOI batter ... the batsman needs to be

--  A big hitter with  ability to hit pacers too

--  A batter who can start hitting / scoring without taking too much time to get set.

--  A high SR batter

-- For No.6 batter ... Preferably have the ability to bowl a few decent overs and be the 6th bowler.

--  For No.7 batter ... Can be the 5th bowler who can bowl 8 to 10 decent overs.

--  For No.6 batter ... Preferably have a good FC batting average .

Dube ticks all the boxes to be a No.6 LOI  batsman.

Gill or Easwaran do not tick most of the boxes to be good No.6 LOI batters ... although they are very promising top order batsmen.

Dube is not a 135 k+ bowler. He is a proper part timer trundler who often drops down to military medium pace.

Bhai if you remember I am not critical of Dube today. I have been vocal of him getting a shot right when the team was announced.

From what I have seen of him he cannot play good quality pace. Yes it was only bangaldesh today but you think he is going to smack Starc,Cummins,Rabada, Boult etc for 6’s?

I have faith in someone like Samson taking them on or even Pant and Gill. 

Dube is a typical Indian ordinary spinners bully in the Atul Bedade mould 

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He is not wearing white clothing in that clip. He is playing ODI cricket. That 200 came in a flat sydney pitch with some average bowling lineup that Aus had. Mcdermott was the only strike bowler they had back then and he is no Mcgrath. He received backing from Sunnyji and other mumbaikars in the team. You are on the throats of Dube even though this is the first time we have seen him in international colors. Give him a few innings and then judge.

Man of the series 1985 World Series.

Are you saying Dube is a better player than Shastri?

why are we discussing him. I hate his personality and think he was an above average to average cricketer but it is false equivalence.

He is a better player as a cricketer than Dube for sure but not sure why this comparison?

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

From what I have seen of him he cannot play good quality pace. Yes it was only bangaldesh today but you think he is going to smack Starc,Cummins,Rabada, Boult etc for 6’s?

Even i have that doubt but how will u knw unless u try.....surely we dont want to go back to dK or binny 

Infact i feel he ll struggle against them but i wud want him to get a fair chance coz he has qualities as well.....neways we dnt have enough options n he has earned it 

all 3 cant bat in lower order

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bhai if you remember I am not critical of Dube today. I have been vocal of him getting a shot right when the team was announced.

When most of his htting has been vs seamers! 

If hitting Starc, Cummins and Rabada  was used as the yardstick, not one of the current stars would have had a career.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Dube is another guy who does not belong but in all fairness one match is not enough.

Yes true. But the point is not his performance today. Just the pathway for players like this or Shankar getting in to the side. For the matter of fact even Pandya bros.

Though I think Hardik is the best of the lot which is not saying much. 

Yes true. But the point is not his performance today. Just the pathway for players like this or Shankar getting in to the side. For the matter of fact even Pandya bros.

That really triggerd me. Anyone involved in the decision to cap Shankar right at that point in WC has no business setting foot on cricket field. That was ourageous decision. Sad thing is so many guys who know it all on ICF supported it.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

what wrong pathway.....they all came in perfoming in A -Sides

Shankar was the highest scorer in NZ-A series against their high quality bowlers-did well in NZ, Against aus in home series....only failed in 2 WC games

Hardik Also has performed in A games

Dube has performed in A games

What is the other pathway to get in team if not performing for A- games

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

When most of his htting has been vs seamers! 

If hitting Starc, Cummins and Rabada  was used as the yardstick, not one of the current stars would have had a career.

Fair enough but our most successful batsmen in the lower order were guys like Raina,Yuvraj and Dhoni. One was a keeper whose batting was a bonus but the other 2 were proper batsman with a large body of work in domestics or u-19 and were identified early for those skills.

Not thrown in to the deep end based on a few cameos.

They had their flaws but they also had the ability to build an innings or go from ball 1.

If Dube was a proper batsman with some standout knocks at all levels and topped the charts in one category, sure his big hitting ability is a bonus.

Lets be honest his debut has been accelerated by the fact that he can bowl some seamers and has played some cameos.

Edited by maniac

Fair enough but our most successful batsmen in the lower order were guys like Raina,Yuvraj and Dhoni. One was a keeper whose batting was a bonus but the other 2 were proper batsman with a large body of work in domestics or u-19 and were identified early for those skills.

Werent these 2 extremely inconsistent ...yuvraj was almost on the verge of being thrown out so many times. Dube wnt be as worse against pace as yuvi was against spin at start of his career

Raina was never consistent n struggled against pace himself 

Dhoni power game wasnt as good intially against such pacers at start of career specially overseas 

Dnt look at the stalwarts they became but also look at their struggling days

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what wrong pathway.....they all came in perfoming in A -Sides

Shankar was the highest scorer in NZ-A series against their high quality bowlers-did well in NZ, Against aus in home series....only failed in 2 WC games

Hardik Also has performed in A games

Dube has performed in A games

What is the other pathway to get in team if not performing for A- games

Shankar had no internationa experience and he plays WC. You don't see anything wrong with that and I am very troubled with that statement.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Shankar had no internationa experience and he plays WC. You don't see anything wrong with that and I am very troubled with that statement.

that was captain coach fault

They invested in guys like DK n rayudu who were proven failure n gave them all time.....when WC came close rayudu sucked big time n no option was left . TM is suppose to identify youngsters n gave them enough chances

Shankar was at right time right place n he perfomed in NZ n Aus series so it wasnt that he didnt perform n earn

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

How do we know that he can't play good quality pace or, more importantly, does not have the ability to learn playing good quality pace with some exposure to such bowlers. ?

He was fiercely hitting pacers like Nortje and Dala in a couple of matches. These bowlers have pace but lack the experience just like Dube himself.  So, this is a good start.

Even Kohli looked like a fish out of water on his first test tour to the WI ... but he learned.

So, we have to see whether Dube is the improving or learning type or refuses to learn. Only time will tell.