Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019

Mosher

Iyer got taken to cleaners by padikkal in 2nd over, but he bowled passable off spin for a part-timer, and we know he can bowl leg spin too. Why don't these young batsmen bowl part-time more often? Can't they see how it will help them cement place in team, when duds like Jadhav are being preferred over them? Point to note for gill, Shaw, Mayank et al

2 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Iyer got taken to cleaners by padikkal in 2nd over, but he bowled passable off spin for a part-timer, and we know he can bowl leg spin too. Why don't these young batsmen bowl part-time more often? Can't they see how it will help them cement place in team, when duds like Jadhav are being preferred over them? Point to note for gill, Shaw, Mayank et al

Yes. I believe future is for multidimensional players. I also would like pacers to be able to bowl spin according to the conditions and spinners to be able to bowl some medium pace according to conditions. 

7 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Iyer flops again..out for 14(20). He's having a horrid tournament. Bad time to lose form, just when he was looking like getting settled in LOI team. 

He hasn't even get going against spinners.. after he bullied Bangla spinners.. i thought he will be dispatching domestic spinners to oblivion.. don't know wht has happened to him.. such loss of form suddenly is really surprising

SKY single handedly wins it for Mumbai , 94(53)...didn't look rushed, a few false strokes but controlled hitting for the most part. Also has the high-percentage innovativeness (sweep off fast bowlers, scoop to third man) our T20 line up lacks. Pant can also be unorthodox but is pre-meditated at times and doesn't play shots according to field - anyway, open rebukes by TM have curbed his attacking game for now.

SKY is 29, low-profile, so maybe won't be seen as much of a threat by Kohli and cld serve the LOI team for 4-5 yrs?

Edited by Cricwala
35 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

He hasn't even get going against spinners.. after he bullied Bangla spinners.. i thought he will be dispatching domestic spinners to oblivion.. don't know wht has happened to him.. such loss of form suddenly is really surprising

Yeah, even i thought he would be a beast against spin...he even gave a royal thrashing to Lyon in 2017 tour game. So this run of poor scores against medicore SMA bowling attacks is puzzling.