On 11/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, express bowling said:

Off the top of my head ...

UP --  Mavi,  Rajpoot

Rajasthan  --  Nagarkoti,  Khaleel,   Nathu,  hopefully Akash Singh  

Karnataka -- Prasidh

Delhi -- Saini 

MP -- Avesh Khan,   Gaurav Yadav

Hyderabad -- Siraj

Vidharbha --   Nalkande,  ( Lalit Yadav ) 

Kerala  -- Warrier, ( Thampi, Asif )

Mumbai -- Deshpande 

Andhra -- Yarra Prithviraj

Bengal -- Porel 

Names in brackets are weaker prospects IMHO.

This is why I am not too concerned about upcoming pace talen - it is more worrisome to see selection policies, but that's a different matter.

More problematic are our spin stocks IMO. we have the same issue confronting eng regarding their pacers at home after andy-broad retire. likewise, we should be looking for replacements for ash-jaddu. Although Jaddu's bowling has regressed somewhat in the past 6-7 tests, his batting over the past 2 yrs or so has been a genuine revelation. It is thanks to his batting that we have the potential to play a 5-man attack in most conditions. We have Kuldeep and Nadeem in the wings, but neither of them can bat as well as Ashwin, let alone Jaddu. I believe that we can find replacements for jaddu the bowler (either kuldeep or nadeem), but not for jaddu the AR. and as for ashwin, offies have almost completely vanished from the circuit.

Hence, to complement express-bowling's list, I have included a list of spinners to keep an eye on in the Ranjis (feel free to add to the list):

(1) Rahul Chahar - probably our brightest prospect

(2) Mayank Markande - I don't find him that convincing for longer formats.

(3) Shreyas Gopal - does not get enough bowling in FC matches. batting is very solid though.

(4) K Gowtham - has a decent FC record and can use his height well, but does not strike me as a good long-format bowler.

(5) Dharmendrasinh Jadeja - poor man's Jaddu. workhorse.

(6) Saurabh Kumar - good AR record, but I am assuming that he too is a raging turner bowler.

(7) anukul roy - his stats are decent in all formats, but strikes me as a bits-and-pieces player.

I have ignored oldies like rassool, sarwate and saxena. they are not going to be in the mix realistically speaking.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Well done rahul dravid for diluting the Ranji comp and depriving two emerging bats to get real experience under their belt. Both Priyam and Yashashvi have proved they belong at a higher level than pre-digested U19 WC crapola.

Since Dravid never tires of repeating that wins don't matter at U19 and A level, then why not choose two batsmen who could actually grow with U19 experience than these two who will practically get no benefit at all?

But of course, maadarpilla Dravid is all about image and he'd say one thing and do quite the opposite to burnish his image.

‘winning is not the end-all and be-all at u-19 level, playing for India should be the ultimate goal’ does not quite equate to not picking your best side for a u-19 WC, unless you have severe comprehension issues or have lost a few screws at your top.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

''unlezz you hab shevere comprehenzon izzues''...a mediocrity's finest snipe. GTFO my face with your sophomoric drippings. Choosing the finest side does not mean depriving those who have earned their place at a higher table. U19 success is not as important as FC success - maadarpilla dravid's own words.

That comprehension problem plus a few loose screws - seems incurable. Carry on you asswipe

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@express bowling @Mosher @rkt.india

More info on him....how has his perfomance been in domestic ?

Looks like he can use long handle pretty well and has cheeky shots to. Good base and doesnt loose his shape while going for power shots. Seen some clips of him bowling off spin as 

Don't know much about him but looks good. Clean strikes and cheeky shots. Have to see more of his batting.

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Looks like he can use long handle pretty well and has cheeky shots to. Good base and doesnt loose his shape while going for power shots. Seen some clips of him bowling off spin as well

Has been playing for delhi ,iirc he is a spinner

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Looks like he can use long handle pretty well and has cheeky shots to. Good base and doesnt loose his shape while going for power shots. Seen some clips of him bowling off spin as well

I have seen Lalit Yadav of Delhi play in a few matches. But there has not been anything special that caught my eye atleast till last year. 

He hits some big shots but did not seem to have either extra power or great timing in the instances that I saw him bat. His off-spin is average. 

Has a 50+ FC average with the bat, but sample size is rather small. 

He may improve this year though. Let's see.