Suhaan

RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

They let Prasidh bowl only 6 overs,he was bowling well,

I know Baroda were bowled out for 85 anyways can't complain about it,there have been far too many low scores this season

Karnataka too are at 208/8

Ganguly should pay attention here and ensure there are no more bowler friendly pitches further,it brings bowlers like Udankat into picture without doing much

41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have been saying this,providing such pitches won't serve the purpose or it won't ensure quality bats come through

Rather it will always enhance chances for bowlers like Udankat,harshal patel,kaul,chahar etc

Pakistan suffered from it for many seasons infact they had seen a high number of dedicated swing bowlers coming through who struggled a lot in demanding conditions,it made them to rethink ,now they have trained local curators and gave strict instructions to curators not to dish out bowling friendly decks

40 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I have been saying this,providing such pitches won't serve the purpose or it won't ensure quality bats come through

Rather it will always enhance chances for bowlers like Udankat,harshal patel,kaul,chahar etc

Pakistan suffered from it for many seasons infact they had seen a high number of dedicated swing bowlers coming through who struggled a lot in demanding conditions,it made them to rethink ,now they have trained local curators and gave strict instructions to curators not to dish out bowling friendly decks

Ideally they need to be lively on the initial days and later becoming flatter, testing the batting and later the bowling. One thing I have noticed is the techniques of opening batsmen in the domestic scene is a lot more tighter nowadays. Gone are the days where they could just get away with planting their front foot accross or hitting through the line on deliveries outside off. They pay for their mistakes now.

Further the selectors should look more at than just the stats, suitability of a player for international cricket should matter far more. That should filter out the likes of Unadkat, Kaul, Sandeep Sharma etc

On 2/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, Suhaan said:

They let Prasidh bowl only 6 overs,he was bowling well,

I know Baroda were bowled out for 85 anyways can't complain about it,there have been far too many low scores this season

Karnataka too are at 208/8

Ganguly should pay attention here and ensure there are no more bowler friendly pitches further,it brings bowlers like Udankat into picture without doing much

the thing with unadcutter is that he's a bit above the typical domestic bowler level and can outwit most domestic batsmen, but is below international level especially when it comes to stronger teams like NZ, Eng and Aus. the last 1-2 seasons he has benefited from very bowling-friendly pitches, but even before that he was picking up lots of wkts in previous few seasons. I am not saying this to defend him, because I do not want him anywhere in the senior team.

However, it is a fact that Ind domestics have always favored trundlers who had: (a) accuracy, (b) decent swing, (c) ability to outwit mediocre level batsmen. Hence, if one looks at some of the most low-average pacers in domestics, it comprises of people like: Vinny "The Legend" Koomar, Unadcutter, Basant Mohanty, etc. Even in the past, players like Gagandeep Singh and Joginder Sharma had fantastic FC records despite clearly not being int'l class.

Edited by Vijy

24 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

How exactly is Karnataka the 'best domestic team' in the circuit? They haven't been in Ranji finals for last 4 seasons now. 

I guess it means for this year on the basis of VH and SMA.

On another note, Abhimanyu Rajput looks a fine pacer AR prospect. Solid bat, decent pace with movement...could get faster by having slightly smoother runup, looks a little forced atm.

12 hours ago, Vickydev said:

I guess it means for this year on the basis of VH and SMA.

On another note, Abhimanyu Rajput looks a fine pacer AR prospect. Solid bat, decent pace with movement...could get faster by having slightly smoother runup, looks a little forced atm.

Impressive guy.

58 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I hope they telecast Krntka vs J&K , so many players to wachout from

As I am from Kashmir, I am really excited to see our team in QF's and there are some quality players from J&K.

Look out for Abdul Samad,Mujtaba Yousuf and Abid Mushtaq.

It's very unfortunate for us that our best upcoming batting (Qamran Iqbal) and bowling talent (Rasikh Salaam) are not available.

Mujtaba is a young left arm quick who bowls in the early 130's and just took 6-49 against Haryana on his debut.Abid Mushtaq is a power hitter coming down the order and is a decent left arm orthodox spinner.

But the most special talent is Abdul Samad.Seniors like Parvez Rasool,Umar Nazir and Shubham Khajuria have a part to play as well.

Karnataka are the favourites for me,not only against J&K but for this tournament.If KL and Manish join the Karnataka team then it makes them so much more stronger.

Hope the venue is Jammu and we get a good game.

18 minutes ago, Hisham said:

As I am from Kashmir, I am really excited to see our team in QF's and there are some quality players from J&K.

It's very unfortunate for us that our best upcoming batting (Qamran Iqbal) and bowling talent (Rasikh Salaam) are not available.

Mujtaba is a young left arm quick who bowls in the early 130's and just took 6-49 against Haryana on his debut.Abid Mushtaq is a power hitter coming down the order and is a decent left arm orthodox spinner.

But the most special talent is Abdul Samad.Seniors like Parvez Rasool,Umar Nazir and Shubham Khajuria have a part to play as well.

Karnataka are the favourites for me,not only against J&K but for this tournament.If KL and Manish join the Karnataka team then it makes them so much more stronger.

yes im keeping an eye on Abdul samad , still not getting why J&K is giving him so less overs 

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes im keeping an eye on Abdul samad , still not getting why J&K is giving him so less overs 

Only reason I can think of is that they already have 5 genuine bowling options.

He should obviously bowl more as he is definitely more than a part timer.Can bowl googly as well and is quick through air.Has taken wickets whenever he has been called up to bowl.

Also imo he should be in the XI of SRH ahead of Virat Singh and Priyam Garg.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

What's the case with Qamran Iqbal? I remember he started this season in VH but hasn't played the Ranji season I think. Also missed out on the u19 team. He looked a prospect a year or so back

9 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

What's the case with Qamran Iqbal? I remember he started this season in VH but hasn't played the Ranji season I think. Also missed out on the u19 team. He looked a prospect a year or so back

Qamran Iqbal's situation is an enigma.

As far as I know during Vijay Hazare trophy Irfan Pathan wasn't happy with Qamran Iqbal.He thought he wasn't giving his 100% and wasn't a team player thus sidelines him since then.Senior players from J&K team asked Qamran to apologize to Irfan but Qamran refused to apologize and said that he had not done anything wrong.

Since then JKCA has unofficially banned Qamran Iqbal for an indefinite time.

Such a waste of talent!

I rate Qamran more than Samad.Qamran had a decent VH tournament.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I like Mujtaba as well, 17-18 year old left arm pacer.

Yeah that is his age on paper.Sorry to disappoint you but his real age is 20.

Still is a good prospect.

Age fudging is a huge problem in J&K.We have already lost Rasikh Salaam for the very same reason.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

As far as I know during Vijay Hazare trophy Irfan Pathan wasn't happy with Qamran Iqbal.He thought he wasn't giving his 100% and wasn't a team player thus sidelines him since then.Senior players from J&K team asked Qamran to apologize to Irfan but Qamran refused to apologize and said that he had not done anything wrong.

Such a waste of talent!

Wow, getting banned over something as trivial as an apology is terrible. Irfan has retired since then, common sense should prevail here. A prodigy is missing out on crucial years of his development. That's neither good for him nor JK cricket and the fans.

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

Such a waste of talent!

batsman or bowler ??? any clips of him ?

The BCCI has directed all host associations to pick grounds that can provide broadcast facilities, with all four matches set to be streamed either digitally or on TV. This could also be a factor in taking the game away from Jammu.

Link - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28707564/jk-v-karnataka-quarter-final-moved-bengaluru

6 hours ago, Hisham said:

Such a waste of talent!

Thats sad to know.

6 hours ago, Hisham said:

Yeah that is his age on paper.Sorry to disappoint you but his real age is 20.

Still is a good prospect.

Age fudging is a huge problem in J&K.We have already lost Rasikh Salaam for the very same reason.

Even Abdul Samad might be 22-23. Its unbelievable for an 18 yr old to hit pacers like that.
Otherwise he would have wreaked havoc in U19 Wc

15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

any clips of him ?

15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

any clips of him ?

https://m.crictracker.com/crictracker-exclusive-irfan-pathan-helped-me-develop-in-swinger-from-scratch-says-jk-pacer-mujtaba-yousuf/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Great read this.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/syed-mushtaq-ali-trophy-2019/jammu-and-kashmir-vs-andhra-m188295/match-clips/jammu-and-kashmir-vs-andhra/2001755233

Not able to find a short clip of his bowling due to low speed internet here in Kashmir but here's the match in which he is bowling in the 1st innings.

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

batsman or bowler ??? any clips of him ?

His stats at the U19 level are incredible,performed much better than Divyansh Saxena.

Unfortunately for him he failed in the U19 Tri series that happened in England last year.Other than that series,he did really well against Afg U19,SA U19.

9 hours ago, SUMO said:

Even Abdul Samad might be 22-23. Its unbelievable for an 18 yr old to hit pacers like that.
Otherwise he would have wreaked havoc in U19 Wc

Guys like Qamran,Mujtaba,Samad all have been playing together since U14,U16,U19.All of them are around 20.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

KL training in NCA for what ?? what better then match practice 

Might get a recall in NZ tests - will be backup wktkeeper/opener/opening bowler/spinner/coach/chaprasi

Edited by coffee_rules

Do all visiting teams face such hurdles? Another point to do away with toss and let the visiting team decide 

"Television coverage for matches in Jammu and Ongole is a tough ask given the logistics. Case in point, with no direct flight to Jammu from Bengaluru and the last-eight line-up firmed up only on Saturday, Karnataka were left to scramble for air tickets. As a result, the team will travel in four batches on Tuesday via Mumbai and Delhi. This is would also mean escalated travel and baggage costs"

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/112318/no-drs-in-ranji-trophy-quarterfinals

1 hour ago, diga said:

Do all visiting teams face such hurdles? Another point to do away with toss and let the visiting team decide 

"Television coverage for matches in Jammu and Ongole is a tough ask given the logistics. Case in point, with no direct flight to Jammu from Bengaluru and the last-eight line-up firmed up only on Saturday, Karnataka were left to scramble for air tickets. As a result, the team will travel in four batches on Tuesday via Mumbai and Delhi. This is would also mean escalated travel and baggage costs"

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/112318/no-drs-in-ranji-trophy-quarterfinals

There was news that game was shifted to Bengaluru.  If it is played in Jammu then it is going to be affected by rain.