Deepak Chahar Appreciation thread

24 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So you totally forgot how he was manhandled in England in LO, when the bowl didn't really swing? This was barely just a year or so back, he has much to prove to be actually able to play in WT20 down under! Just as every player doesn't become useless overnight, they also do not become Bradman or their bowling equivalent after a handful of games :no:

everyone in that game got tonked....even england bowler went over 10 runs per over

Judging someone on one and that to debut game is harsh 

Stop using word bradman for no reason....no called him bradman. Look at his number these are unbelievable numbers and he has earned it. Ull notice that one bad game which everyone has....what about today bowled so well with a wet ball when everyone was getting tonked

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Stop using word bradman for no reason....no called him bradman. Look at his number these are unbelievable numbers and he has earned it. Ull notice that one bad game which everyone has....what about today bowled so well with a wet ball when everyone was getting tonked

Yes, he's suitable to swinging conditions just as well as BK, PK or that one series wonder Mohit Sharma. Before that there were Chetan Sharma, Prabhakar & many more. What else is new? The difference between most of them & Chahar is that some of these guys actually won us games or trophies away from home, when we were unarguably worse back then. We'll see where Chahar ends up, but I simply see no reason to take note of this performance, at home, & not the one which involves greater pressure & worse pitches, from a bowling perspective. We also know that WT20, as most global events, is all about pressure. So let's just hope he isn't a one trick pony & actually develops into something much more lethal by then.

Edited by R!TTER
Just now, R!TTER said:

Yes, he's suitable to swinging conditions just as well as BK, PK or that one series wonder Mohit Sharma. Before that there were Chetan Sharma, Prabhakar & many more.

PK, Irfan, kulasekra all swing bowlers did well in australia and chahar bowls upto 140k . Even mohit sharma did well in Australia in Wc 2015 

Just now, R!TTER said:

We'll see where Chahar ends up, but I simply see no reason to take note of this performance, at home, & not the one which involves greater pressure & worse pitches, from a bowling perspective. We also know that WT20, as most global events, is all about pressure. So let's just hope he isn't a one trick pony & actually develops into something much more lethal by then.

Didnt he do well in WI.....WI is good t20 side 

He isnt one trick he has enough skills- swing ball both ways, has knuckle ball, off cutter, death bowling has improved . 

Just becoz one doesnt bowl 145k we shudnt look down upon.....pace alone can be an enemy in t20s

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if bhuvi is fit n in rhythm ill go with both......bhuvi, deepak , Bumrah. Its australia no harm playing 3 seamers

Why would you play similar kind of bowlers who mostly rely on swing?

Don't you think Aussie highways will neutralize their ability?

We can play only one between them

This is for sure ,wt20 pitches will be roads , neither will be slow(just may be at the end)

12 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

They are effective thats what matters...u need to play ur best bowler

For variation i wnt play khaleel over bhuvi or chahar

Swing bowlers like PK, irfan kulasekra have done well in Australia so its a myth

N we dont have a lot of options in t20 as well 

This is for sure ,wt20 pitches will be roads , neither will be slow(just may be at the end)

We can play both...both are good with new n old ball so nothing wrong in it

We went thinking same in Wc 2019 about the myth of roads n 400 and nothing happens. Chahar has swung ball in india ...austalian wkts will any day be more helpful then Indian and under light it will swing a bit no matter what. 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They are effective thats what matters...u need to play ur best bowler

For variation i wnt play khaleel over bhuvi or chahar

Swing bowlers like PK, irfan kulasekra have done well in Australia so its a myth

N we dont have a lot of options in t20 as well 

We can play both...both are good with new n old ball so nothing wrong in it

We went thinking same in Wc 2019 about the myth of roads n 400 and nothing happens. Chahar has swung ball in india ...austalian wkts will any day be more helpful then Indian and under light it will swing a bit no matter what. 

That's a myth Aussie pitches offer more to pacers irrespective of  what pace they bowl,im not against him,in last 5-6 years barring Hobart Aussie pitches have been mostly roads

Can't expect infact i believe we will ever get to see a sporting pitch in wt20 next year down under

But ,yes,we will start with these three that is for sure

Edited by Suhaan

I think he still gets old school swing and seam movement. Bhuvi on the other hand lost some of his swing.

I would take Bhuvi over Chahar in ODIs.

in T20s it is Chahar

in tests, might not be a bad idea to give Chahar a chance on a green mamba and see what he can do. However have doubts about his ability to bowl long spells even though he is a trundler 

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

That's a myth Aussie pitches offer more to pacers irrespective of  what pace they bowl,im not against him,in last 5-6 years barring Hobart Aussie pitches have been mostly roads

Can't expect infact i believe we will ever get to see a sporting pitch in wt20 next year down under

But ,yes,we will start with these three that is for sure

picthes wud be under ICC....like in Wc 2019 and there was some grass in Last t20 of PAK vs AUS 

26 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Playing both Chahar and Bhuvi means our bowling line up will be Bhuvi,Chahar,Pandya bros,Chahal and Sundar.

Also add Dube to the mix.

lets say We play Bumrah as we should, having Chahal and Bumrah in the same team means 2 no.11s.

Our combo is so fked up.

Minus Bumrah this line up will get owned on the flat Aussie pitches vs Eng,Aus and even WI

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

in tests, might not be a bad idea to give Chahar a chance on a green mamba and see what he can do. However have doubts about his ability to bowl long spells even though he is a trundler 

yup wont be a bad idea to take him to final of ICC test championship in england which high chance we will reach and he can bat. 

Just now, maniac said:

Playing both Chahar and Bhuvi means our bowling line up will be Bhuvi,Chahar,Pandya bros,Chahal and Sundar.

Also add Dube to the mix.

Sundar wnt be in XI in top 7 for sure ...dube is ye to earn that place. As of now it wud be krunal . One year is still left Sundar will be facing competition from gowtham , Kuldeep, jadeja, rahul chahar. 

Krunal compeition wud be jadeja n Dube 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sundar wnt be in XI in top 7 for sure ...dube is ye to earn that place. As of now it wud be krunal . One year is still left Sundar will be facing competition from gowtham , Kuldeep, jadeja, rahul chahar. 

Krunal compeition wud be jadeja n Dube 

Sundar has impressed me a lot more than Krunal and also has age on the side. With time he can be a proper batsman who can be handful with the ball. Not a high ceiling but he can be kind of like Md.Hafeez type player  for us 

Just now, maniac said:

Sundar has impressed me a lot more than Krunal and also has age on the side. With time he can be a proper batsman who can be handful with the ball. Not a high ceiling but he can be kind of like Md.Hafeez type player  for us 

Sundar is a proper batsman just that doesnt have that power game which is needed for lower order. Sundar plays for Tamil nadu as batsman only. If kohli had some brains he shud have used him in IPL as opener like narine till now . I wud actually like to see K gowtham as he is more of lower order slogger and more regular bowler then sundar. We need to try few players before settling in a combination

Krunal i feel is better for various reason - he does well in pressure games as seen in IPL n decided of t20 series he has played, his bowling suits aus grounds as they are big, He has troubled the likes of ABDV, KOHLI even pant for a reason in IPL coz he is smart with deception. Despite his limited skills he is good at reading batsman which he uses in varying length n pace which has gotten him wkts . Krunal batting is my worry as it piss poor against pace 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sundar is a proper batsman just that doesnt have that power game which is needed for lower order. Sundar plays for Tamil nadu as batsman only. If kohli had some brains he shud have used him in IPL as opener like narine till now . I wud actually like to see K gowtham as he is more of lower order slogger and more regular bowler then sundar. We need to try few players before settling in a combination

Krunal i feel is better for various reason - he does well in pressure games as seen in IPL n decided of t20 series he has played, his bowling suits aus grounds as they are big, He has troubled the likes of ABDV, KOHLI even pant for a reason in IPL coz he is smart with deception. Despite his limited skills he is good at reading batsman which he uses in varying length n pace which has gotten him wkts . Krunal batting is my worry as it piss poor against pace 

Sundar has done nothing wrong to be dropped. Even today he was good till the last over. He has almost performed in every chance he got. 

You want a hack like Dube and a mediocre performer like Krunal backed but you want alternative for a young guy with a huge potential like Sundar.

In fact has a lot more potential and utility than both Dube and Krunal.

Sundar has shown better hitting than Dube in this series and has out bowled Krunal even in tough situations.

Dont know how you pick a player to back :hmmmm2:

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sundar has done nothing wrong to be dropped. Even today he was good till the last over. He has almost performed in every chance he got. 

You want a hack like Dube and a mediocre performer like Krunal backed but you want alternative for a young guy with a huge potential like Sundar.

Neither has krunal done anything wrong to be dropped.....has 3MOM and one MOS in 18 match career that player cant be dropped when all his perfomances has come overseas , also has played few cameos. Has had 8-10 good perfomances in 18 games. Just becoz he doesnt turn the ball i wnt look down upon on him

Neither am i saying drop sundar....m saying lets try few players

I want dube to be given chances not to take World cup without trying......Trying is the KEYWORD stop misreading it

In fact has a lot more potential and utility than both Dube and Krunal.

Dube vs Sundar not debatable 

Sundar is more in team as bowler

Dube for hitting 

Sunar wud be competing with Jadeja, Kuldeep, gowtham , may be krunal 

Dube competes with hardik, krunal, jadeja , may be SKY n DK to 

Sundar has shown better hitting than Dube in this series and has out bowled Krunal even in tough situations.

Has played more games and mentally settled whereas dube looked very nerveous which has happened with many greats at start.  Atleast let dube play 10 games n then pass a judgement

U seriously are going to judge someone on one series .....many such examples has happened which has proven wrong . In 2011 WI test series in WI Kohli looked out of place against pace and raina made runs. Judge someone aleast on a good sample size

Dont know how you pick a player to back :hmmmm2:

I dnt beileve in old school thoughts thats how

I pick players on skill they have n what team needs.....i rate gill as most talented among new comers n calls krunal batting piss poor and dubey doubtful but yet m choosing them coz of teams n format needs. 

I understand format diff

I dnt call players perfomances luck specially when its more then few times

Plus i dnt judge someone so soon which is why i keep repeating word we need to try try try before selecting a final squad. 

No point passing judgement so soon like ppl today passed on dubey and he changed the game, many including u said krunal will be tonked overseas specially in Aus well he won MOM and go us back in series and even in NZ n WI. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03