Shafali Varma.. the new dynamite

neel roy

I am a big follower and supporter of Womens cricket in India. Just noticed we have unearthed a brilliant player. Shafali Varma. Bloody hell what shot making and she is 15 years old.. i repeat 15!! She is blowing apart attacks. Today blasted 65 of 39 balls. One day before she blasted a half century, ( Playing in only her fifth T20I, Shafali put the West Indies attack to the sword, blasting six fours and four sixes on way to her maiden fifty a 49 ball 73, at the Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium ) the youngest half centurion in t20 cricket.. when she bats its like right handed david warner.. gunslinger.. just watch her youtube videos where she smacks six after six.. india was crying out for a power hitter.. now with Shafali we have mandhana, harmanpreet and Jemima.. looks a good top 4 in world t20..apparently she was dressed up as a boy as there were no girls coaching class in haryana!!

Sanjeev Verma, father of Shafali Verma, the youngest T20 cricketer to play for India, has revealed he had to disguise his daughter as a boy in order to get her enrolled in cricket academies in his hometown of Rohtak. On her father's instructions, a then nine-year-old Shafali had to chop her hair short, so she could look like a boy since each and every cricket academy in the city would deny her training. 

"No one was ready to induct her in any academy because there was not a single one for girls in Rohtak. I literally begged them to give her a chance but in vain," Sanjeev, owner of a jewellery shop in Rohtak, told Times of India in an interview. "I knocked on the doors of a lot of cricket academies but all I got was rejection. I decided to cut her hair, and took her to one of the academies and got her enrolled there as a boy.

Indian women cricket looking good after all the Mithali fisaco..

Edited by neel roy

"No one was ready to induct her in any academy because there was not a single one for girls in Rohtak. I literally begged them to give her a chance but in vain," Sanjeev, owner of a jewellery shop in Rohtak, told Times of India in an interview. "I knocked on the doors of a lot of cricket academies but all I got was rejection. I decided to cut her hair, and took her to one of the academies and got her enrolled there as a boy.

Oooh clutching at the heart strings of the people who believe this bs. First of all, no coach will reject girls from participating as it will cut down on their revenue stream. This screams bs from the get go. Even if someone is as useless as Dinda, will Lillee refuse to coach him. And the school level coaches don't even have the money or status of Lillee. They won't say no to any students. This individual is 15 years old. She was born after 2000s where cricket was already a popular sport.

Secondly, there is no need for women in sports. Sports were created to mimic war during peace times and there are no women participating in combat. It is meant to keep the competitive spirit alive. Women are delicate creatures. They can't hit boundaries and bowl even 120+ deliveries. More importantly, nobody watches women's sports at all even with "attractive women" like Ellyse Perry. They tried scheduling the women's world cup along with the men's world cup. They even tried to use women commenting on men's games. But nobody cares. Also, lots of women's sports are infiltrated by trannies. Many have already talked about its resemblance to Arjun Tendulkar. It looks like a boy.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, Real McCoy said:

Oooh clutching at the heart strings of the people who believe this bs. First of all, no coach will reject girls from participating as it will cut down on their revenue stream. This screams bs from the get go. Even if someone is as useless as Dinda, will Lillee refuse to coach him. And the school level coaches don't even have the money or status of Lillee. They won't say no to any students. This individual is 15 years old. She was born after 2000s where cricket was already a popular sport.

Secondly, there is no need for women in sports. Sports were created to mimic war during peace times and there are no women participating in combat. It is meant to keep the competitive spirit alive. Women are delicate creatures. They can't hit boundaries and bowl even 120+ deliveries. More importantly, nobody watches women's sports at all even with "attractive women" like Ellyse Perry. They tried scheduling the women's world cup along with the men's world cup. They even tried to use women commenting on men's games. But nobody cares. Also, lots of women's sports are infiltrated by trannies. Many have already talked about its resemblance to Arjun Tendulkar. It looks like a boy.

The coach will reject her if he fears losing the revenue stream from his other “mard” (masculine) minded customers. Those dudes could take off and find some other coach. As far as women in sports go, that is a matter of choice. People watch women’s tennis even though their best player would likely lose to the 100th rank guy in straight sets. But they are still fun to watch. Also, their game has come a long way over the years. Women’s cricket will continue to develop and carve out its own audience. Anything that broadens the opportunities they have to work and play, can only be a good thing.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, kirkutfan said:

The coach will reject her if he fears losing the revenue stream from his other “mard” (masculine) minded customers. Those dudes could take off and find some other coach.

You are over analyzing dude. No one thinks like that. Its a false theory created by those who push the feminist agenda. Also tennis is a different sport from cricket. Women's tennis has one advantage over women's cricket. You don't know whether the server will hold her serve and created a different angle to tennis viewership. Women's cricket has no such advantages. I'm not even going over those men who watch women's sports because they like to see ladies with skimpy outfits. Even there tennis wins over cricket

On 11/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, kirkutfan said:

The coach will reject her if he fears losing the revenue stream from his other “mard” (masculine) minded customers. Those dudes could take off and find some other coach. As far as women in sports go, that is a matter of choice. People watch women’s tennis even though their best player would likely lose to the 100th rank guy in straight sets. But they are still fun to watch. Also, their game has come a long way over the years. Women’s cricket will continue to develop and carve out its own audience. Anything that broadens the opportunities they have to work and play, can only be a good thing.

Top ranked woman player lost to 800th ranked man.