What Would be your plan of action for Rishabh pant - Drop or Persist

7 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

First thing should be to release him from test 15 so that he plays domestic SMA. Let him play all domestic matches possible till NZ tour start. Then assess based on his domestic performance.

Ill play him in XI in test...it wud be unfair on saha but it was unfair to drop pant in 1st place. Test is a format he can find his form as he has less pressure there. 

If ganguly wants to make Kolkata test a spectacle u need players like pant who can get crowds money worth

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If ganguly wants to make Kolkata test a spectacle u need players like pant who can get crowds money worth

Saha is local boy in Eden, plus his amazing wicket-keeping is always a draw.

Pant with his current state of mind deserves a break, let him play domestics and come back for NZ tour next Feb-Mar. 

Edited by Gollum
15 hours ago, maniac said:

Ideally Pant should be the first choice keeper but looks like either he has hit a rough patch due to the mental pressure or he is just going through a bad form. For now he needs backing  If he fails in the next 2 series it will be a double edged sword because he has experience in Aus conditions but if he is out of form it will be a huge risk.

Kishan at this point will struggle against pace and bounce from what I have seen. He needs to be eased in while he works on his technique against short balls.

While Samson and Rahul can be an option and bat in the top order, their keeping in those conditions might be a problem and you can’t have a poor keeper in any format.

At this point it is Pant but if he doesn’t deliver the only option for WT20 is DK.

Kishan might be ready for the following WT20 which is in India if obviously Pant still hasn’t recovered by then.

I have a fear that what I said might be replicated by bringing back MSD instead of any of those names giving the whole experience excuse :fear1:

Both Kishan and Samson are batsmen first, wicketkeeper distant second.  Samson is a guaranteed downgrade as a wicketkeeper from Pant.  And I say that as a bit of a fanboi of Sanju's batting potential.  

50 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ill play him in XI in test...it wud be unfair on saha but it was unfair to drop pant in 1st place. Test is a format he can find his form as he has less pressure there. 

The way he is playing and state of mind a failure in test a bigger possibility. That may push him out of side for a longer period. Also it's very certain Saha will be the keeper fom India tests vs Bangla. No. Point in keeping him on bench. He needs come out of that environment and play domestic matches. This will bef good for him.

Pant needs to improve his keeping, a lot. That would be my only reason to drop him as that 'Abhi catch chorega' feeling always comes out with him behind the stumps.

I have no issues with his batting, since I know he will come good soon. T20 WC is in Australia and he can be deadly with bat on those flat true wickets there. But if he can't keep, no point discussing about his batting.

Also, what is wrong with his fitness? Why has he become so fat? :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Both Kishan and Samson are batsmen first, wicketkeeper distant second.  Samson is a guaranteed downgrade as a wicketkeeper from Pant.  And I say that as a bit of a fanboi of Sanju's batting potential.  

Samson is more part time but Kishan is a first choice keeper. In fact at the junior level he was as good as Pant of not better at times.

Sure he may be raw but he is a better keeper than Sanju.

Where as Sanju is the better batsman. Kishan can be destructive but he is suspect against pace and bounce where as Sanju seems to be a classic batsman and has time to play shots against pace.

19 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

The way he is playing and state of mind a failure in test a bigger possibility. That may push him out of side for a longer period. Also it's very certain Saha will be the keeper fom India tests vs Bangla. No. Point in keeping him on bench. He needs come out of that environment and play domestic matches. This will bef good for him.

43 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Saha is local boy in Eden, plus his amazing wicket-keeping is always a draw.

Pant with his current state of mind deserves a break, let him play domestics and come back for NZ tour next Feb-Mar. 

But wont dropping him from even squad make it worse , he still hasnt done that worse to be out of squad. Sometimes a bit of backing at such stages can take a player long way. I dnt think he has lost form like rahul did , he can be backed a bit more for 1-2 series . Players like him are just one innings away always . Nyways if this continues sooner or later he will be dropped so a bit more backing might just work. In domestic also its t20 tournament....t20 doesnt give much time but test match will give him time in middle