what's going on in Andhra?

sandeep

Apparently the newly elected government terminated the contract signed by previous govt (Chandra Naidu) with a Singapore-based Company to build out Amravati.

This seems like a massive step backwards into 80s style democracy and politics.  What are these goltis doing?

28 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Apparently the newly elected government terminated the contract signed by previous govt (Chandra Naidu) with a Singapore-based Company to build out Amravati.

This seems like a massive step backwards into 80s style democracy and politics.  What are these goltis doing?

Dont know any Andhras around but I have family who work in municipal corps and they did say long ago that Amravati site isn’t very viable 

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

I was discussing about this with a friend few days ago and I was shocked to hear the opinion that no work will be done there in Amaravati. This is really bad for Andhra people who would have been dreaming of a dream capital (that will be better than Delhi). 

In any case, I think if at all YS Jagan might have cancelled the contract with the Singapore based company, it is only to reduce the cost and burden on the people of AP and build a capital with as little money as possible and help fund the projects useful to the people.

I hope Andhra people do not loose heart and be content with a decent capital built in Amaravati than the dream one CB Naidu projected them. 

I was discussing about this with a friend few days ago and I was shocked to hear the opinion that no work will be done there in Amaravati. This is really bad for Andhra people who would have been dreaming of a dream capital (that will be better than Delhi). 

In any case, I think if at all YS Jagan might have cancelled the contract with the Singapore based company, it is only to reduce the cost and burden on the people of AP and build a capital with as little money as possible and help fund the projects useful to the people.

I hope Andhra people do not loose heart and be content with a decent capital built in Amaravati than the dream one CB Naidu projected them. 
Wonder if it's hitec city all over again. CBN was accused of acquiring lands in hyderabad's IT corridor through benamis prior to the development.
Whatever maybe the reason, CBN is the only guy I have seen with lofty ambitions of development.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Jagan is a grade 'A' cunt. Not really surprising. 

He just wants everyone to think that Amaravati is his creation and does not want to give even an inch of credit to CBN. 

High time people of RS (Rayalaseema, a subdivision in AP) figure out his crap. They're the main reason why this cunt is in power. 

1 hour ago, nikred said:

Wonder if it's hitec city all over again. CBN was accused of acquiring lands in hyderabad's IT corridor through benamis prior to the development.
Whatever maybe the reason, CBN is the only guy I have seen with lofty ambitions of development.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, could be. But now that he is out of power he will not be able to swindle any money.

YS Jagan gave lot of promises during elections and his schemes require lot of money. 

I didn’t grow up in Andhra but based on things I have heard and somethings that are obvious

Politics In Andhra are predominantly centered around caste.

There are 2 politically powerful castes in Andhra - the Kammas and the Reddys.

The Kamma caste voter base is majorly based out of the Krishna belt- Vijayawada etc and the Reddy’s around the Rayalseema region from where YSR and Jagan are from.

The argument has been that  Amaravathi was being conveniently being  built in the region with the kamma dominance which sounds true given what we know however the counter argument was that Amaravathi was right at the center that connects North and South railway lines  because Vijayawada Is usually a prime trade route. 

However there were rumors about how certain big players in the TDP and the kamma community were able to secure prime real estate in this new city and how the inflated prices have made them astronomical profits.

This didn’t settle well with the other group.

Now the exact same thing might happen on the other side.

There is no right or wrong here, just usual corruption ,caste-based bias and other crap that is still deep rooted in Indian politics.

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I didn’t grow up in Andhra but based on things I have heard and somethings that are obvious

Politics In Andhra are predominantly centered around caste.

There are 2 politically powerful castes in Andhra - the Kammas and the Reddys.

The Kamma caste voter base is majorly based out of the Krishna belt- Vijayawada etc and the Reddy’s around the Rayalseema region from where YSR and Jagan are from.

The argument has been that  Amaravathi was being conveniently being  built in the region with the kamma dominance which sounds true given what we know however the counter argument was that Amaravathi was right at the center that connects North and South railway lines  because Vijayawada Is usually a prime trade route. 

However there were rumors about how certain big players in the TDP and the kamma community were able to secure prime real estate in this new city and how the inflated prices have made them astronomical profits.

This didn’t settle well with the other group.

Now the exact same thing might happen on the other side.

There is no right or wrong here, just usual corruption ,caste-based bias and other crap that is still deep rooted in Indian politics.

sad if true.  Of course all politics is local and tribal by definition, but one would have hoped that the success of the software sector had taught these stupid politicians something - that they can get even richer off of a more successful and growing economy.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

sad if true.  Of course all politics is local and tribal by definition, but one would have hoped that the success of the software sector had taught these stupid politicians something - that they can get even richer off of a more successful and growing economy.  

Time for Rayalaseema and Seemandhra to separate? It might happen soon. Kamma Rajyam and Kadapa Reddy Rajyam! :wall:

Edited by coffee_rules