Dhawan eyes big Ranji scores for Test return

Jimmy Cliff

To be blunt, its not like Agarwal's that much better than Dhawan - both are guys with pro-active scoring attitudes, and less than perfect technique.  Mayank is a bit younger and less worked out by opposition bowlers and coaches - so far.

I hope amidst all these we don't forget Shaw. IMO, he should be back opening for us as soon as his ban over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, sandeep said:

To be blunt, its not like Agarwal's that much better than Dhawan - both are guys with pro-active scoring attitudes, and less than perfect technique.  Mayank is a bit younger and less worked out by opposition bowlers and coaches - so far.

The kind of innings Mayank played in OZ, the kind of consistency for last 4 years in domestic by Mayank. Is that not enough to prove that Mayank is far better than Dhawan in tests. 

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

the kind of consistency for last 4 years in domestic by Mayank

Mayank hasn't really been consistent for 4 years - maybe you are mixing him up with Shreyas.  Mayank only has 2 good years in Ranji behind him, before that he was notoriously inconsistent.  Admittedly one of his 2 good years was a huge one with a bunch of hundreds.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Mayank turn out better than Dhawan.  But haven't seen much evidence to that effect just yet.  

17 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I hope amidst all these we don't forget Shaw. IMO, he should be back opening for us as soon as his ban over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shaw should target couple of county seasons to tighten up his game, will also help toughen him up mentally...let mayank-rohit combo be given proper run through this test championship cycle till 2021. Shaw can go as reserve opener on tours.