Construction and Money for Ram Mandir

Cricketics

I am sure most you guys in India might have better updates as this must be on 24*7 on news channels back home, but anway, I am hearing lot of money is being donated etc, and that government also might put in money to build the temple. Do you think government should put in the money to build Ram Mandir?

Is it also true they are trying to make sure its bigger than Angkor Vat in Vietnam? Not sure what the purpose is there, but anyway thats another debate, but what do you think should be the best way to build such temple?

Should it really clearly on donation from people, trust etc or should the government be putting in all the money to build this temple?

30 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am sure most you guys in India might have better updates as this must be on 24*7 on news channels back home, but anway, I am hearing lot of money is being donated etc, and that government also might put in money to build the temple. Do you think government should put in the money to build Ram Mandir?

Is it also true they are trying to make sure its bigger than Angkor Vat in Vietnam? Not sure what the purpose is there, but anyway thats another debate, but what do you think should be the best way to build such temple?

Should it really clearly on donation from people, trust etc or should the government be putting in all the money to build this temple?

No one asked me specifically, but IMO, they should build an orphanage or free school for 200 kids and have a shrine for Ram as part of this building.  

14 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

No one asked me specifically, but IMO, they should build an orphanage or free school for 200 kids and have a shrine for Ram as part of this building.  

I don’t get this argument every time the Mandir is brought up, why not school? Why not hospital?

Why does any place of worship exist? Should we apply the logic to all these places?

Will the temple trust build schools or orphanages, well temples in India are controlled by the government so it is their prerogative and obviously goes without saying that in a perfect world the govt provides ample schools, hospitals and orphanages . 

Let the Mandir be built and put the money earned on tourism and pilgrims to gold use rather than using the space provided for the mandir itself for other initiatives. 

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t get this argument every time the Mandir is brought up, why not school? Why not hospital?

Why does any place of worship exist? Should we apply the logic to all these places?

Will the temple trust build schools or orphanages, well temples in India are controlled by the government so it is their prerogative and obviously goes without saying that in a perfect world the govt provides ample schools, hospitals and orphanages . 

Let the Mandir be built and put the money earned on tourism and pilgrims to gold use rather than using the space provided for the mandir itself for other initiatives. 

Should we apply the logic to all these places?

I sure would hope so

Fair enough.  Let the humanity, not the religion, be the driving force.    

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade

People who don't know the significance of Janmabhoomi should not comment on it. K.K Mohd who excavated RJB in the 90s told it bluntly. It is as significant as Mecca for a Muslim. It is a matter of great Pride that this issue has been in the favor of Hindus. One has to know their heritage, what Ramayana signifies. It is not just a Temple, we owe it to the diety for not fighting for it. There can be 1000 other places to build schools, hospitals, orphanages, but this temple in the Janmabhoomi will not be compromised. Build the temple and the money from the proceedings can be used to build an orphanage. 

30 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

It's common to build temples with public donation. Happens all over India. Nothing new. Can't imagine the money that public will donate to this cause. It's going to be unbelievable.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/vishwa-hindu-parishad-ayodhya-ram-janmabhoomi-nyas-temple-trust-government-court/

The Vishva Hindu Parishad(VHP) has decided to use crowd-funding method to encourage Ram devotees to come forward and help in the construction of a grand Ram Temple in Ayodha after the Supreme Court passed its verdict in favour of building a Ram temple at the Ram Janmabhoomi site.

In its bid to initiate mass mobilisation for the Ayodhya temple, VHP plans to reach out to Ram devotees across the world to seek financial contributions towards the construction of Ram temple.

As per a report in Times Of India, Vinod Bansal, the national spokesperson for VHP said, “The Ayodhya temple movement struck a chord with millions of people. Scores of people affiliated themselves with the movement and sentiments of many of Hindus were stirred by it. Now they will have to do their bit, including ‘kar seva’. A formal plan will be released soon.”

Govt putting in money for building temple :hysterical::hysterical: what are you smoking OP?

All govts in India loot temples, watch them get destroyed/vandalized, maintain them poorly, swindle hundi collections etc...never give money. Only take, take, take. 

Hindu devotees will build this temple with their hard earned money, and then watch helplessly as most of that gets stolen and diverted elsewhere. Unless our temples are freed doesn't matter how many Ram temples we construct. 

21 hours ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Good idea but allow me to modify, let Ram temple be built at the original site along with cultural centre, museum, itihas pathshala for children, research centre, pond etc. Muslims don't want the 5 acres charity, so let us build school, hospital, orphanage, old age home, football field etc there. Since mosque isn't an integral part of Islam (SC ruling) I propose pulling down all mosques in India and building a hospital in each of those places. I pledge one month's salary for each of those prospective public buildings of importance even if I have to die a pauper. Let Muslim brothers (since sisters anyway don't go to mosques) make the supreme sacrifice since they are all (incl Osama) going to heaven and us kafirs (incl Vivekananda) to hell, as compensation they can continue 5 am azan calls and pray in gardens, fields, railway tracks, jet bridges, coffee shops, public toilets.....sounds fair?

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Good idea but allow me to modify, let Ram temple be built at the original site along with cultural centre, museum, itihas pathshala for children, research centre, pond etc. Muslims don't want the 5 acres charity, so let us build school, hospital, orphanage, old age home, football field etc there. Since mosque isn't an integral part of Islam (SC ruling) I propose pulling down all mosques in India and building a hospital in each of those places. I pledge one month's salary for each of those prospective public buildings of importance even if I have to die a pauper. Let Muslim brothers (since sisters anyway don't go to mosques) make the supreme sacrifice since they are all (incl Osama) going to heaven and us kafirs (incl Vivekananda) to hell, as compensation they can continue 5 am azan calls and pray in gardens, fields, railway tracks, jet bridges, coffee shops, public toilets.....sounds fair?

Full support.  I would love to see society's primary rallying point be kindness and humanity itself, not the blessings of an unknown, unseen, magically powered deity.   

Will never happen, but a man can dream eh?

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Don't forget. in Airplanes in front of the bathroom forgetting there are prayer rooms in every fin Airport.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, Cricketics said:

Absolutely not. There needs to be clear separation of church and state. Otherwise, we will live in a religious theocracy like Iran and Saudi Arabia. If a Ram Mandir is built, then it should be privately funded. And be prepared to see it damaged by the religious minority ... this tit for tat will have happened for centuries and will go on. :sad_smile:

1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

Absolutely not. There needs to be clear separation of church and state. Otherwise, we will live in a religious theocracy like Iran and Saudi Arabia. If a Ram Mandir is built, then it should be privately funded. And be prepared to see it damaged by the religious minority ... this tit for tat will have happened for centuries and will go on. :sad_smile:

Ostriches.

Govt is taking temple Hundi money and giving it to maintain Mosques and Churches. Wah! Kya Secular hain!