Nitish Rana should get selected in our T20 team!

SecondSlip

• Aggressive left-handed batsman
  • Solid batting technique
  • Can attack from ball 1 
  • Great player against spin bowling 
  • Very good 6 hitter 
  • Strike rate of 130+ in IPL
  • Can bat anywhere in the middle order
  • Bowls handy part-time offspin
  • Excellent fielder

Some people say that he is weak against short pitch bowling but so what? Which batsman in world cricket doesn't have a weakness and is a perfect 10/10 right now? Raina was piss poor against the short ball as well but was a brilliant T20 cricketer and one of the best we ever produced. In fact. I see a lot of similarity between these 2 players and I believe that Rana can have a similar successful T20 career as well. A player like Nitish Rana can be a match winning T20 batsman in our middle order and I would pick him over the likes of Manish Pandey any day and any time! 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Krunal has already won us games overseas 

3 MOM in Aus, WI, NZ and one MOS in WI 

You cannot use that argument of man of the match ad nauseum. I was also once championing his case but over a period of time his abilities have been exposed. 

Is he a 4 overs bowler? No

Is he a match winning batsman or good enough to play as a batsman? No 

Great asset for MI but that's it. There must be a reason he was dropped for the last T20I as well.

58 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

You cannot use that argument of man of the match ad nauseum. I was also once championing his case but over a period of time his abilities have been exposed. 

N hows he exposed?

Why cannot MOM n MOS argument be used.....isnt that perfomances ???

Is he a 4 overs bowler? No

yes he is 

Is he a match winning batsman or good enough to play as a batsman? No 

no he isnt but still he has played cameos.....neways we need more bowling from 1 all rounder then batting his batting is jst bonus and in reality he has won matches with bowling that to in all overseas series he has played. 

Neways how many options do we have for those slots - guys like sky n DK cant bowl 

Great asset for MI but that's it. There must be a reason he was dropped for the last T20I as well.

n immediately everyone felt we are one bowler short 

the guy has only played 18 t20....how do u expect him to be main pillar . He has done more then enough

Lets not get into being dropped.....KL has warmed bench in t20 despite having such a gr8 record

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

N hows he exposed?

yes he is 

no he isnt but still he has played cameos.....neways we need more bowling from 1 all rounder then batting his batting is jst bonus and in reality he has won matches with bowling that to in all overseas series he has played. 

Neways how many options do we have for those slots - guys like sky n DK cant bowl 

the guy has only played 18 t20....how do u expect him to be main pillar . He has done more then enough

Lets not get into being dropped.....KL has warmed bench in t20 despite having such a gr8 record

You keep pointing his 3 mom performances :laugh: hey that kind of argument is patented and you need to pay me a royalty.

By the way by the same account Sundar won a MOS in an ICC tournament.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

You keep pointing his 3 mom performances :laugh: hey that kind of argument is patented and you need to pay me a royalty.

To terko 18 match men 10 perfomances chahiye kya

Says the guy was showing off rohit sharma 47 in SA 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

By the way by the same account Sundar won a MOS in an ICC tournament.

What ICC tournament has sundar won MOS ??

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

N hows he exposed?

yes he is 

Sorry but he is definitely not a 4 overs bowler, you must be kidding if you think so. His batting and bowling both have been exposed at intl level so far. I don't even think you can categorise him as a bowler, he has limited skill set. You must be watching different matches, if you didn't watch him hapless against short bowling in both Aus and NZ earlier in the year. I get your point about 6th bowler, but there are better batsman than this guy and sacrificing a better batsman for pedestrian all rounder is not a prudent idea.

And the next WT20 is in Aus, do not think Ind needs battery of spinning all rounders there. 

His batting and bowling both have been exposed at intl level so far.

u need to check his career details perfomances

Now start counting good perfomances ....in just 18 match career

1. Against WI- 1/15 in 4 overs
  2. Against WI- 4 overs 0/23......very good eco
  3. Against Aus in Aus- 4/36.....Declared MOM
  4. In NZ- 3/28 - Declared MOM
  5. vs Aus - 1/17 in 4 overs.....very good eco
  6. Against WI - 20/1 in 4 overs
  7. against WI- 2/23 ......Declared MOM
  8. 21 in 9 ball cameo against WI when we were struggling 
  9. 26 in 13 ball in NZ cameo almost won us game

3 MOM n 1 MOS ....exposed really ?? 

I don't even think you can categorise him as a bowler, he has limited skill set.

he has the right skill set for t20 thats what matters

You must be watching different matches, if you didn't watch him hapless against short bowling in both Aus and NZ earlier in the year.

Oh i was the 1st person to point out his poor batting against pace 2 yrs ago on A-tour in Sa...before ppl saw in international crciket

I knw where his piss poor batting stands but as bowler he has done well 

I get your point about 6th bowler, but there are better batsman than this guy and sacrificing a better batsman for pedestrian all rounder is not a

prudent idea.

Yes there is sky, dk....but let them earn it 

Dube is also a potential but let him earn it 

I dnt mind better option but atleast let them prove it 

And the next WT20 is in Aus, do not think Ind needs battery of spinning all rounders there. 

he won us a game in Aus n in NZ , WI as well against the myth he has done well in overseas then india 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

As he is batting at No.7 ... Krunal is playing as a batting all-rounder.

Does he come across as the best or one of the best No.7 batsmen for LOIs ?  ...  not yet IMHO.

Is he good enough to play as one of the 2 frontline spinners and bat at 8 or 9. ?  There are much better frontline spinners for LOIs than Krunal.

So, unless he improves his No.7 LOI batting quality, he does not figure in my Indian LOI 11.

Edited by express bowling
18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ill go for SKY as of now then nitish ....i dont think he is still there

It doesn’t matter what you think! :laugh:

If it was up to you, proven failures like KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya would still be in our test team! :laugh: 

You also said that you didn’t like Agarwal & Iyer yet those 2 guys have always performed when given chances! :laugh:

Tu rehn de! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

If it was up to you, proven failures like KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya would still be in our test team! :laugh: 

You also said that you didn’t like Agarwal & Iyer yet those 2 guys have always performed when given chances! :laugh:

Tu rehn de! :laugh:

Ankit Sharmas dream line up

Sharukh Khan BCCI President 

Red chilies and Karan Johar official sponsor of Indian team

MSD

(captain,mentor,selector,keeper,motivational

coach and coach)

Pandya 1

Pandya 2

Dube

Hack 1

Hack 2

Hack 3

Bits and pieces 1,2,3 and 4

Bumrah (I will give him this)

4 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

are their career over ??

Pandya in test team from where hospital......dont talk like khota 

I cant even point out ur old post coz ur like thali ka baingan ul endorse the same player n cry like a kid for his selection n after 2 games ull be the same guy who ll call him crap

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, maniac said:

Ankit Sharmas dream line up

Sharukh Khan BCCI President 

Red chilies and Karan Johar official sponsor of Indian team

MSD

(captain,mentor,selector,keeper,motivational

coach and coach)

Pandya 1

Pandya 2

Dube

Hack 1