Dada 2004 team vs Kohli 2019 Team in test , who ll win in Indian conditions ?

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That Nov 2004 team was in decline. Better to pick the 2004 team that toured Pakistan earlier in the year. Drew a series in Eng, Australia and WI, won vs Pakistani in Pak..the real trendsetters after the horrible 90s. Plus the only team that stopped the invincible Aussies home and away in 2000s

For sheer quality in that batting line up and Dada’s captaincy, the 2004 team will have an upper hand. Only area the current team scores over them is in the pace department, but they have faced nothing like the fab 5

lol at dadas captaincy.  The only good thing he did was getting youngsters in the team. But I liked Dravids captaincy better than Ganguly. Dravid won in England and West Indies.Again Dravid has his flaws of not been my true leader in strategic sense.

Edited by gattaca
9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

As usual people overrating a team from the past. People love putting halo around previous generation. That renowned batting lineup collapsed against Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Udal in Indian conditions. Veeru and Dravid were major factors back then, once they got out, it was a collapse.

Does Steve O Keefe ring a bell? 12/70, best ever Test figures by a visiting spinner in India.

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That Nov 2004 team was in decline. Better to pick the 2004 team that toured Pakistan earlier in the year. Drew a series in Eng, Australia and WI, won vs Pakistani in Pak..the real trendsetters after the horrible 90s. Plus the only team that stopped the invincible Aussies home and away in 2000s

For sheer quality in that batting line up and Dada’s captaincy, the 2004 team will have an upper hand. Only area the current team scores over them is in the pace department, but they have faced nothing like the fab 5

which was very defensive on occasions

In 2005 banglore test pakistan they all started defending after sehwag got out 

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Does Steve O Keefe ring a bell? 12/70, best ever Test figures by a visiting spinner in India.

I am not over rating the current Indian lineup but people think that Indian batting lineup of 2004 was invincible

Edited by SK_IH
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I am not over rating the current Indian lineup but people think that Indian batting lineup of 2004 was invincible

they got defeated same year by Aus 

Pak next year bundled us in banglore 

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

if steve keefe had 12/70 

Clarke had 6/9 in one innings , also lets not forget how saqlain mushtaq troubled us in 1999 which had dravid, ganguly, sachin, azhar n i think laxman to

3 minutes ago, gattaca said:

lol at dadas captaincy.  The only good thing he did was getting youngsters in the team. But I liked Dravids captaincy better than Ganguly. Dravid won in England and West Indies.Again Dravid has his flaws of not been my true leader in strategic sense.

We celebrated winning a Test vs Zim in Zim. That was how rare an away test win had become for us through the 90s. Dada had flaws in his captaincy especially post 2004 Pak tour, but he did change the mindset and left behind a legacy. Draws in Eng and WI after decades which then were followed by series wins on the subsequent tours.

If batting in team’s 2nd innings (3rd/4th innings in a Test) is a criteria, despite having the tag of chokers, the fab 5 wipe the floor with the current lot.

11 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Dust bowls are lottery. Kohli’s team is fair at playing on dustbowls. They are not Australia or England.

no on dust bowls and spinning pitches this current lineup is no match to that lineup. Everyone in that lineup was an excellent player of spin. I would not call even Kohli an excellent player of spin in this lineup.Bhajji and Kumble would be deadly against this line up.

The same cannot be said about Ashwin and Jadeja against that line up.Sehwag murdered Murali and Warne .

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they got defeated same year by Aus 

Pak next year bundled us in banglore 

if steve keefe had 12/70 

Clarke had 6/9 in one innings , also lets not forget how saqlain mushtaq troubled us in 1999 which had dravid, ganguly, sachin, azhar n i think laxman to

Saqlain was a no name spinner? And if you want to go back to 1999 for the 2004 team, let’s go back to 2012-13 for the current lot as well.

That team blunted the spin greats like Warne, Murli, McGill. Vettori, Kaneria were as good as the better ones going around currently. Anyone who thinks the current lot plays spin better than them, should look who are the main spinners they have played against. Hearth and Lyon are the only two notable names

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Saqlain was a no name spinner? And if you want to go back to 1999 for the 2004 team, let’s go back to 2012-13 for the current lot as well.

jason kreza was a no name spinner

who got a 12fer on his debut 

Clarke was a part timer who got 6/9

Afridi was troubling that batting in banglore test 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

jason kreza was a no name spinner

who got a 12fer on his debut 

Clarke was a part timer who got 6/9

Afridi was troubling that batting in banglore test 

Serious question, did you watch that Test when Krejza made his debut? The guy was THRASHED. Reason why his test career ended at 2 tests.