What's up with Umesh Yadav??

gakgupta

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he always had this ability the diff is SG ball......he has always bowled well in Indian condition. He feels more in control with SG 

He improved his seam position he mentioned he worked a lot with subrotho Banerjee. If you see he is bowling little bit fuller and seam position has been good.

23 minutes ago, gattaca said:

He improved his seam position he mentioned he worked a lot with subrotho Banerjee. If you see he is bowling little bit fuller and seam position has been good.

That was 2011 when he worked with Bannerjee. His position has always been good since then. His problem has always been control 

Umesh always had the ability to bowl jaffas.  His problem was control and consistency.  He has gotten better on those over the last 2 years. Dominating toygers is one thing, but he bowled beautifully against Aus when they toured.  That series for me was when Umesh matured and became the test match bowler he is today.

People wanted Umesh to dropped  along with Ishant to try some new comers.It does not work that way, Umesh and Ishant play only test matches so they want to use any chance they get to play for India.

It is like Ashwin and jadeja complaining that we are not getting enough wickets as fast bowlers are cleaning up.

I think what we have seen with Ishant and now Umesh.. is that in the initial stages of their careers when they were quick and raw they were thrust into all formats making them unable to adapt to one to excel in.. luckily for Ishant he was persisted with and kept in test matches only, with him playing county he has become a much better test bowler. Same thing with Umesh, having been dropped from the LOI setup, he has worked to adapt his bowling to test matches which requires full, fast out swingers, hence he is reaping the reward in home tests.

The test for Umesh and certainly for the Indian pace attack to replicate this overseas, esp in England. If Ishant, Umesh, Shami are still around for the next tour and not become trundlers we should aim for a 4 man pace attack:

- Shami and Bumrah as hit the deck pace bowlers 

- Ishant and Umesh to play the part of swing bowlers.

Groom Saini and Avesh Khan for to be replacements. Our pace attack is ageing but at one point they will all retire.

5 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I think what we have seen with Ishant and now Umesh.. is that in the initial stages of their careers when they were quick and raw they were thrust into all formats making them unable to adapt to one to excel in.. luckily for Ishant he was persisted with and kept in test matches only, with him playing county he has become a much better test bowler. Same thing with Umesh, having been dropped from the LOI setup, he has worked to adapt his bowling to test matches which requires full, fast out swingers, hence he is reaping the reward in home tests.

The test for Umesh and certainly for the Indian pace attack to replicate this overseas, esp in England. If Ishant, Umesh, Shami are still around for the next tour and not become trundlers we should aim for a 4 man pace attack:

- Shami and Bumrah as hit the deck pace bowlers 

- Ishant and Umesh to play the part of swing bowlers.

Groom Saini and Avesh Khan for to be replacements. Our pace attack is ageing but at one point they will all retire.

What about naggarkoti?

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He was only talking about that time when Bannerjee was Vidarbha coach.

“I went to Vidarbha Cricket Academy and worked with coach Subroto Banerjee there and asked him for his opinion. There were these issues of length of deliveries. It happens to a lot of fast bowlers, when you are playing a lot continuously, you’re unable to settle into a specific line and length. I worked on that,” he added.

https://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/i-worked-on-getting-my-rhythm-back-during-the-break-umesh-yadav-1.65908840

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Umesh always had the ability to bowl jaffas.  His problem was control and consistency.  He has gotten better on those over the last 2 years. Dominating toygers is one thing, but he bowled beautifully against Aus when they toured.  That series for me was when Umesh matured and became the test match bowler he is today.

But after that Aus series, he was again rubbish against SL.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

People wanted Umesh to dropped  along with Ishant to try some new comers.It does not work that way, Umesh and Ishant play only test matches so they want to use any chance they get to play for India.

It is like Ashwin and jadeja complaining that we are not getting enough wickets as fast bowlers are cleaning up.

Wanted them to be dropped when they were doing poorly.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, sandeep said:

he always bowls well in India ....even in 2012 Ind-ENG series he bowled beautifully in 1st test in AHMDB when he got injured, but problem starts when he goes outside india n has Kookabura in hand. 

There is reason this guy avg 25.31 in India 

42.2 outside India