Why is Kedar Jadhav still getting picked for ODIs?

SecondSlip

I don’t understand the logic and thinking of Kohli and Shastri to select this useless cricketer going into year 2020. 

The guy has done absolutely nothing in ODIs since his “breakthrough” series against England almost 3 years ago in January 2017 but has still somehow survived this long in our team! 

Jadhav did absolutely nothing in the World Cup and got dropped halfway through the tournament but has somehow convinced our idiot captain that he has improved so much that he’s now back in the scheme of things. :wall:

The guy gets injured after every 3-4 matches and gets ruled out for a long while, yet always becomes an automatic selection once he gets fit. He’s going to turn 35 in March and I can 100% guarantee you that he’s not going to be anywhere near the team for the next World Cup. So what’s the point in persisting with a short term player? 

Even if you ignore his age, his performances have showed absolutely nothing for him to still warrant a place in our team and play as an automatic selection. As I said, he has done nothing with the bat for a long time. 

How the F is he still in the scheme of things? :wall:

He bailed us out on couple of occasions when there was a top order collapse which is good but he rarely did his actual job of being the finisher.  They got overtly happy with a part time spinner with an unusual action doing well but didn't realize how ineffective his bowling might be in English conditions. Clarity of thought missing in TM on his role.