Jump to content
FischerTal

Positives for Pakistan from Aussie tour

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hey but their pacers bowl at 140+, right? Shaheen, Naseem Shah, Musa all bowled at 145+ at some stage with dozens of deliveries over 140. That should make you happy, no?
 

 

You must be very 'popular' with the ladies  ... as you can provide them with unlimited whine and dine experiences.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hey but their pacers bowl at 140+, right? Shaheen, Naseem Shah, Musa all bowled at 145+ at some stage with dozens of deliveries over 140. That should make you happy, no?
 

On the OP, jazba junoon team have finally found their next big all rounder who can score 100s and 200s for fun in any situation.

They had Abbas too,who looked worse

Naseem and Musa (he is genuinely rubbish, that's one thing)have barely played fc and have no experience about various lengths to bowl in different tours

Places like Australia have often tempted pacers to bowl extremely short and fall prey to Aussie batsmen,this has happened to us everytime in the past

When did we have an all 140+ attack before?

Edited by Suhaan

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

golden chance to repair the head to head result.......the last thing they can brag about 

Not much difference in head 2 head record for test matches, its 12-9 if I am not wrong. Considering how notorious our 1989 tour to Pak was when our players were beaten up, umpires were sold out, bottle cap etc. its still a decent record. The tides totally changed since 2004 when Viru and co was thrashing Pak for fun. Without that Mumbai attack in 2008 we would still be playing and thrashing them regularly.

 

In LOIs however, Pak can still surprise (fluke) us due to the nature of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, express bowling said:

The accuracy of Abbas Uncle 

 

He was so accurate that he did not bowl a single stump directed ball in the entire test series. 

 

I mean not even a single one by mistake.   

He is very accurate. More so than any other bowler playing test cricket now. Hits a good line and length very often.  Problem is his lack of pace. He is too easy to drive when he goes full and floaty especially when there is no lateral movement. If he was 6-7 miles quicker on average speed he would have been deadly but he's just way too slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He is very accurate. More so than any other bowler playing test cricket now. Hits a good line and length very often.  Problem is his lack of pace. He is too easy to drive when he goes full and floaty especially when there is no lateral movement. If he was 6-7 miles quicker on average speed he would have been deadly but he's just way too slow. 

 

And yet he could not / did not bowl a single delivery at the stumps. They were showing it multiple times on T.V.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

In LOIs however, Pak can still surprise (fluke) us due to the nature of the game.

in 50 over no chance re.....the difference we ll make with running btw wkts, fielding wud be the basic diff to start with and then quality difference between both sides is massive.  Pak didnt even look like beating us in recent encounters in Wc apart from CT final which we lost due to pressure.....bilateral men kaisa pressure. Humare pass bilateral ke sher hai.

 

In t20 they might spring in one game surprise that to also coz we arent gr8 in t20s

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Before the tour he was saying that this young side might surprise Aus , Ab cricket khatam hone wali hai 

Classic Shoaib Akhtar. When they win he'd be like- I was advocating this guy's inclusion in the side for so long. When they fail - crib about selections, if's & but's, cricket is going the way of Hockey & Squash in Pak. 

Now they think after the inclusion of Fawad Alam & their most successful bowler in domestic cricket (forgot his name) they'd be more competitive & transform into top-4 test side. The reality is even with Junaid Khan or Fawad in their playing XI they still would have lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Made Smith average only 20..... one of the biggest positives.... even Top teams couldn't manage that

 

Yes ... make Smith wait in the dressing room for 7 hours or more watching his team mates bat ... he is so frustrated that he gets out cheaply.

 

Solution found  !

 

Voila !

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

Yes ... make Smith wait in the dressing room for 7 hours or more watching his team mates bat ... he is so frustrated that he gets out cheaply.

 

Solution found  !

 

Voila !

even then there is no advantage...they make the team loss worse

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

And yet he could not / did not bowl a single delivery at the stumps. They were showing it multiple times on T.V.

Bounce of Australian wickets. You gave to be a touch fuller to hit the stumps and he's too slow and floaty for that. Same thing happened in South Africa. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Bounce of Australian wickets. You gave to be a touch fuller to hit the stumps and he's too slow and floaty for that. Same thing happened in South Africa. 

 

Remember how Kapil bowled on our 1991-92 tour to Australia, when he was as slow and floaty as Abbas ?

 

He was still bowling lots of balls at the stumps and took around 25 wickets in that series.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Remember how Kapil bowled on our 1991-92 tour to Australia, when he was as slow and floaty as Abbas ?

 

He was still bowling lots of balls at the stumps and took around 25 wickets in that series.

Different era. Bit unfair to compare. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...