Age fudging - The Menace

nsareen

We all know age fudging being a big menace to age group cricket. Even though BCCI has taken corrective steps with bans, there are very less preventive steps in place to stop the Menace.

Latest case is of DDCA U19 cricketer Prince Yadav who has been banned by BCCI for age fudging!! Age fudging was of 5 years, presented age is 2001 & investigates age is 1996, difference is huge!!

How can people be demotivated doing age fudging ?

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/delhi-player-banned-by-bcci-for-fudging-age-ddca-official-2142188

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Indians are into it specially from states like UP, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi.

Before someone bring northie/southie thing, im from Haryana only and personally know multiple such cases.

One such example is Priyank Huda. He played a ranji season some years back.

Another is Sehwag. He had reduced almost 5 years.

4 hours ago, Oldhere said:

North Indians are into it specially from states like UP, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi.

Before someone bring northie/southie thing, im from Haryana only and personally know multiple such cases.

It's pretty common in South as well specially the subarbs and rural areas. It's across the board regardless of the region.

5 hours ago, Oldhere said:

So sehwag is older than fab 4 ? Lol

I am sick of people saying  "Does it really matter if he fudged his age ? See his talent. " 

Well. Fucck.. it does matter. Why ? Let's say......

If Shami (28y :giggle:)  gets injured now and takes a year break and regains fitness , he'll be brought straight back into the team because he'll only be 29 and still at his "peak". 

But if he was 34 (which I think he is) , and regains fitness after a year, selectors will most likely look at a worthy young bowler to replace him, which means that by faking the age, they're not only deceiving the system, but also blocking a youngster to get a place in the team. 

P.S - I've nothing against Shami bhaai. I'm a big fan of his bowling and texting. :bow:

Edited by Norman
14 minutes ago, Norman said:

I am sick of people saying  "Does it really matter if he fudged his age ? See his talent. " 

Well. Fucck.. it does matter. Why ? Let's say......

If Shami (28y :giggle:)  gets injured now and takes a year break and regains fitness , he'll be brought straight back into the team because he'll only be 29 and still at his "peak". 

But if he was 34 (which I think he is) , and regains fitness after a year, selectors will most likely look at a worthy young bowler to replace him, which means that by faking the age, they're not only deceiving the system, but also blocking a youngster to get a place in the team. 

P.S - I've nothing against Shami bhaai. I'm a big fan of his bowling and texting. :bow:

Lol at claims of Shami being 34. When was the last time you saw 34 yo pacer bowling at full pace in tests for whole year? 

Those claims are ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Lol at claims of Shami being 34. When was the last time you saw 34 yo pacer bowling at full pace in tests for whole year? 

Those claims are ridiculous. 

Mitch Johnson was 33 when he blasted out England and South Africa back in 2014. And he was atleast 5kph quicker than Shami on average. 

Could think of many others like Steyn, Ambrose, Donald etc who used to bowl quicker than Shami in their mid 30s.