ATG India Inter-Zonal 50 Over Contest in Indian conditions ....Who will Win ?

Which team will win ??  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win

I know We already have a Thread on this but that was more concentrated on 5 day format, this is just about 50 over format 

Please keep in mind this contest is for Indian Conditions only so no overseas logic.

East n Central zone have been combined as alone their Quality wasnt enough 

Since i havent seen cricket before 1996 ppl can add players from that phase as well 

North Zone South Zone East +central West
1 Gambhir (capt) KL Rahul Ganguly Sachin
2 Dhawan Mayank Ishan Kishen Rohit sharma (captain)
3 Kohli Dravid Dhoni (capt & keeper) Irfan pathan
4 Sehwag Azhar (Captain) Kaif Iyer
5 Yuvraj Manish pandey/Shankar/Sundar Manoj tiwary Kambli/ SKY
6 Pant DK Raina jadhav/ Yusuf Pathan
7 Kapil dev Robin singh/Sunil joshi Ajay jadeja Hardik
8 Ishant/ Prabhakar/ Amit mishra Ashwin Bhuvi Aditya tare/ Nayan mongia
9 bhajji Kumble Shami jadeja
10 Chahal Srinath Kuldeep Zak
11 Nehra Venky Rp singh/murali kartik/ Nadeem Bumrah

• Modern cricketers are given pref as now LOI is more evolved
  • Ajay jadeja given to East n central team as he a too good to sit out n he has played for Rajasthan for 2-3 yrs as well 
  • Every team is given players with option to play around in diff conditions
  • many people will ask why south has shankar n sundar as options- Cause they needed 6th bowling option as none of their batsman bowls
  • Some may ask why is Irfan at 3...well he was a revelation at 3. Someone who can bat fearlessly giving advantage to team. During Dhoni n yuvi young days irfan contribution with bat was also vital. Also his batting was best utilized at 3
  • Why sehwag in middle ? To destroy spinner and keep him away from zak with new ball. Zak use to trouble him in domestic
  • Also Ganguly n Kohli havent been given captaincy as they choke in Finals :p:
  • In terms of fielding i made sure teams have 2-3 good fielders for sure.
  1. North- Yuvi, kapil, kohli 
  2. South- Robin singh, manish pandey , Azhar
  3. East- Raina, manoj tiwary, Kaif , Ajay jadeja
  4. West- jadeja, Hardik, Rohit 

It ll be a bloody good contest, West will have edge due to bumrah

So who acc to you will win ???

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

From the list you provided North wins easily. But please put someone else in place of Harbhajan, chuckers have no place in modern ODI rules. Maybe Maninder Singh takes that spot.

West zone will be second, they are too unbalanced like the Indian team for this WC....great openers, 2 great quicks, Hardik and weak elsewhere. 

South zone will be third, unlike 5 day cricket their LOI team isn't high quality. On low scoring sluggish/turning pitches they will do well but most ODI pitches aren't like that. 

E+C will finish last but can give tough fight to 2nd and 3rd occasionally...North will be a barrier too high for them.  

If I get time maybe I will suggest a few changes in the teams like Srikkanth in South, Prabhakar in North, Agarkar in West.....have to think more deeply I guess. Also can't rely too much on stats, for his time Kris was a premier opener top scoring in both 83 and 85 finals. No way KL or Mayank can displace him, at least for a few years, may be they will surprise us in 2023. 

Good idea @Ankit_sharma03, the 5 day format one was fun, hope this one is as well. 

Edited by Gollum
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

From the list you provided North wins easily. But please put someone else in place of Harbhajan, chuckers have no place in modern ODI rules. Maybe Maninder Singh takes that spot.

Erre no one will report him all are his friends

Dravid nice guy wont

Sachin is his best friend

Ganguly was his guru 

West zone will be second, they are too unbalanced like the Indian team for this WC....great openers, 2 great quicks, Hardik and weak elsewhere. 

I think west is most balanced, batting till 9 .....so many bowling options - irfan, zak, bumrah, jadeja, hardik, jadhav, yusuf, sachin

And an X factor in bumrah + Zak had a number on guys like sehwag n ganguly in domestic 

South zone will be third, unlike 5 day cricket their LOI team isn't high quality. On low scoring sluggish/turning pitches they will do well but most ODI pitches aren't like that. 

Thats why i tried giving them modern guys like KL, mayank DK to up their scoring rates 

Just now, Gollum said:

Gambo, Dhawan, Kohli, Sehwag, Yuvi, Kapil....quality too good, will rival the batting unit of ATG Aus. 

i actually have added jadeja to ...to give them more depth and addition gr8 fielding option. He was good lower down the order and was known as sharp brain to have on field as well 

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I think west is most balanced, batting till 9 .....so many bowling options - irfan, zak, bumrah, jadeja, hardik, jadhav, yusuf, sachin

I find it similar to the present Indian ODI team, MO too jelly-like. In fact apart from the openers you can't rely on anyone else to score a 100. Iyer has a lot to prove, maybe after 5 years I will look at that team differently. 

Thats why i tried giving them modern guys like KL, mayank DK to up their scoring rates 

Bhai Mayank is untested in ODI format, Kris Srikkanth won us two world titles, against outstanding bowling attacks: Lloyd's WI and Imran's Pakistan. Pretty sure he would adjust his game as per modern rules, he was a trendsetter. 

Edited by Gollum
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i actually have added jadeja to ...to give them more depth and addition gr8 fielding option. He was good lower down the order and was known as sharp brain to have on field as well 

OK your call, then you are going with 7+4....Yuvi/Viru as 5th bowling option. Don't you think Prabhakar gives more balance to that team as AR?

Just now, Gollum said:

OK your call, then you are going with 7+4....Yuvi/Viru as 5th bowling option. Don't you think Prabhakar gives more balance to that team as AR?

in Indian condition Yuvi, viru+ jadeja shud do fill 10 overs but still have kept option on side of jadeja/prabhakar/amit mishra acc to condition. In every team 1-2 players have alternate acc to conditions 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I find it similar to the present Indian ODI team, MO too jelly-like. In fact apart from the openers you can't rely on anyone else to score a 100. Iyer has a lot to prove, maybe after 5 years I will look at that team differently. 

Bhai Mayank is untested in ODI format, Kris Srikkanth won us two world titles, against outstanding bowling attacks: Lloyd's WI and Imran's Pakistan. Pretty sure he would adjust his game as per modern rules, he was a trendsetter. 

I hvent seen Srikanth play so its diff to put his name for me 

See at the end its domestic game like deodhar or duleep wud or challenger was

mayank, Iyer, kishen are proven in domestic . Take manish pandey example- bats like a bradman in domestic n A-games even DK in 50 over is a failure in international but in domestic he piles on runs n runs

With some players i gave them benefit of domestic perfomance, they have quality .....international translation also depends on pressure which is not much in these tournaments 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Actually ajay jadeja can be given to E+C team as well since he played for Rajasthan for 2-3 years.

Yea i think that wud be better for both teams. Since E+C will have ganguly, raina, tiwary, Ajay jadeja to fill up 5th bowler quota

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Easy win for East + Central. Thala alone will win it :yay:

BTW why is legendary Dinda not there in the team? :hmmm:

Coz East get many bowling options from Central like RP singh, murali kartik, umesh yadav , even chahar brothers can be added as they give some batting to. Even East had options like Nadeem, Aaron

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Erre no one will report him all are his friends

Dravid nice guy wont

Sachin is his best friend

Ganguly was his guru 

And an X factor in bumrah + Zak had a number on guys like sehwag n ganguly in domestic 

Really ? West's batting looks extremely weak except for the openers 

North should win this . Having Kapil dev is a massive advantage . 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Really ? West's batting looks extremely weak except for the openers 

I dnt see how their batting is weak 

pathan ,Iyer, kambli/sky, jadhav/yusuf, hardik, mongia/tare, jadeja

This batting doesnt end , infact u can give gloves to jadhav play more batsman in place of mongia or tare. 

See this at the end is domestic in indian condition where spin will be served- All their batsman destroy spinners. They wont be facing international bowlers

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

North should win this . Having Kapil dev is a massive advantage . 

I still feel Bumrah wud be the X-factor 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt see how their batting is weak 

pathan ,Iyer, kambli/sky, jadhav/yusuf, hardik, mongia/tare, jadeja

This batting doesnt end , infact u can give gloves to jadhav play more batsman in place of mongia or tare. 

See this at the end is domestic in indian condition where spin will be served- All their batsman destroy spinners. They wont be facing international bowlers

I still feel Bumrah wud be the X-factor 

Yes they bat deep , but not sure about the quality of bats in comparison to other teams ..like you said if you go by the argument that they will mostly face spinners in SC conditions , they look alright .

Bumrah off-course is the best bowler , but with Kapil its like playing with one extra player .

37 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Yes they bat deep , but not sure about the quality of bats in comparison to other teams ..like you said if you go by the argument that they will mostly face spinners in SC conditions , they look alright .

Bumrah off-course is the best bowler , but with Kapil its like playing with one extra player .

yup kapil is also a huge factor