Whats up with ex-Pakistani cricketers becoming Youtubers?

FischerTal

is it a financial issue or the need to be relevant? its just odd how many of these foreign cricketers have now started their own channels while most Indian cricketers don't seem to be interested in these things. Kudos to BCCI for taking care of retired players as well. I remember the days when Ranji players were given peanuts and were left fending for themselves after retiring in their 30s.

50 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Millions of Indian millennials go on YouTube all the time.

These Pakistanis are trying to earn income by kissing our :reddy: and praising us non stop on their YouTube channels. 

Indian audience = :money:

Not only pakistanis, thousands of western vloggers feed off Indian viewers by fake kissing our ass. 

I just cringe at those

"What *insert some country*ians think about India?"

*some country*Ian reacts to Indian food, music , Bollywood scenes etc etc etc........

I mean who cares what they think about us ?

Well turns out millions do.  :orderorder:

Even Basit Ali is praising Team India and our players, hadd hoti hai yaar, Pakistaniyon kuch toh standard rakho :facepalm:, kahaan gaya tumhara jazba, junoon...dushman se is tarah pesh aoge? Kuch din pehle ki baat hai....

Aur ab unhi kafiron ka g@nd choomne aa chale, where is DilDilPakistan spirit? Where is Muscleman aggression? Why isn't genetics kicking in? 

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Even Basit Ali is praising Team India and our players, hadd hoti hai yaar, Pakistaniyon kuch toh standard rakho :facepalm:, kahaan gaya tumhara jazba, junoon...dushman se is tarah pesh aoge? Kuch din pehle ki baat hai....

Aur ab unhi kafiron ka g@nd choomne aa chale, where is DilDilPakistan spirit? Where is Muscleman aggression? Why isn't genetics kicking in? 

Lol wow. 

So this Bashit guy has been crying at us forever. :phehe:

3 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

huge following plus easy views = money in pocket for minimal work. Why not? If anything, more players should do it. Hell you can take a walk down the street sipping on a cup of coffee and you'll still get the views.

Yup, can't blame them for making use of what's available to them. That being said, it would be nice if they focus more on the cricketing aspect and less on criticizing and sensationalist headlines.

35 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yup, can't blame them for making use of what's available to them. That being said, it would be nice if they focus more on the cricketing aspect and less on criticizing and sensationalist headlines.

Not gonna lie, i've watched couple of Afridi's video myself in the past  :cantstop:

He was my fav PAK player, was always curious what he was upto on his daily life.

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Even ex Indian players have them.

which ones? I don't know any of any.

Also, this is not a Pakistan- bashing thread. It just highlights the fact that many of these players really have no source of income after they retire. At most, they can work in an academy or come on tv shows once in a while to earn some money.